Baker’s Final March

Baker

Update:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

I got Woods! Which means I’m done with that awful Blackout mode. I’m very pleased with that as I really started to hate it. This will be the last time I ever play a Battle Royale mode.

This was the hardest character to unlock. And I couldn’t have done it without some help as I’m just not good at this game mode at all. For me the best way to get this trophy was to play Solo mode only as a team. So I had some help from @Mori, @Koro249 & @xCursed9 (get used to getting tagged when you play with me ?.)

In this game I was with Mori & Cursed. I’m not showing the whole clip as it is extremely boring as I just camped my way to victory. After many tries I finally got a lucky game where the remaining players basically did all the work for me.

Too bad I record without headset sound enabled otherwise you could hear my: Yesss! I never have to play this mode again! ? I also was very nervous at the end as I’ve been in such a position quite a few times before and always lost to these lvl 80 players that have been playing Blackout for years.

I think Koro just needs 2 more wins and then we are all done with this horrible mode and the fun part begins: Zombies.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Baker
  • Like 4

On 10-12-2021 at 5:00 AM, Baker said:

I’m about 70 hours in and I could finish the game and the 2 post game dungeons, as I’m already strong enough, within a couple of hours. Instead I’m going to add another 70 hours of playtime by going for 100% in game.

I'm currently on the grind with jobs and all that boring stuff to prepare for the towers . I'm just checking on some people who I know have the skill to easily beat this kinda stuff. I was wondering how you will approach this?

Did you grind all jobs to 99? Grind 1 to 99 and the rest to 30?

Armor/weapons at EX EX?

What's your take on this when you'll pick the game back up for the 15k trophy if I may ask.

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I'm currently on the grind with jobs and all that boring stuff to prepare for the towers . I'm just checking on some people who I know have the skill to easily beat this kinda stuff. I was wondering how you will approach this?

Did you grind all jobs to 99? Grind 1 to 99 and the rest to 30?

Armor/weapons at EX EX?

What's your take on this when you'll pick the game back up for the 15k trophy if I may ask.

I currently have 5 jobs at lvl 99 for all characters. I have 3 EX EX weapons for my main party and 1 EX+4 or something. I was grinding money in the colosseum by selling Electrical Whips but I’ve read it’s faster to run through the post game dungeon with money increasing gear so I’ve put that on hold.

I should be strong enough already but I’m going to grind all jobs to lvl 99 and make 7 EX EX weapons just for fun.

In the mean time I’ve been completing all the minigames. Almost done with that, just the batting cage and some dragon kart wins left.

What I still need to do a lot from is the Rescue Missions and some miscellaneous stuff to have 100% in game.

I’m on 14.999 trophies now so I guess I’ll continue tomorrow.

How far are you in the game?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Baker said:

I currently have 5 jobs at lvl 99 for all characters. I have 3 EX EX weapons for my main party and 1 EX+4 or something. I was grinding money in the colosseum by selling Electrical Whips but I’ve read it’s faster to run through the post game dungeon with money increasing gear so I’ve put that on hold.

I should be strong enough already but I’m going to grind all jobs to lvl 99 and make 7 EX EX weapons just for fun.

In the mean time I’ve been completing all the minigames. Almost done with that, just the batting cage and some dragon kart wins left.

What I still need to do a lot from is the Rescue Missions and some miscellaneous stuff to have 100% in game.

I’m on 14.999 trophies now so I guess I’ll continue tomorrow.

How far are you in the game?

Jesus having that much jobs and weapons max out should indeed help a lot lol!

Currently I need to finish the final chapter

I’ve got all chars 99+main job 99 and almost all jobs at 30~ and most weapons at EX 4~

I’ve also got a long way with the part time hero I’m at 190/300 iirc.

So far the grind is really boring for the jobs which is a shame as I love this game

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Congrats! Tales of Arise is really great but when I see someone having second thoughts about crash4 I would say go for it! Fun game with a very difficult but rewarding platinum.

I bought Tales of Arise. It’s coming in tomorrow. Really hyped about it as I love the Tales of series. Good thing about it is I can also play without any sort of guide as it seems. I always like that.

CB4 can wait for now. Will definitely pick it up later next year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baker said:

I bought Tales of Arise. It’s coming in tomorrow. Really hyped about it as I love the Tales of series. Good thing about it is I can also play without any sort of guide as it seems. I always like that.

CB4 can wait for now. Will definitely pick it up later next year. 

Yup, you totally can - I played blind (as a Tales neophyte, no less,) and there’s nothing missable as far as I could tell ?

• Like 1

Nicely done on the latest completion man! ? If you go for Crash 4 next year after you finish Tales of Arise and anything else in the meantime, then I wish you the best of luck! It's tricky, but considering you've beaten Super Meat Boy it should be quite doable for you. You got this!

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 1

:platinum: #311

L692c81.png

Tales of Arise

Enjoyment: 9/10

Difficulty: -

Playtime: 50 hours

The Tales of series is one of my favorite JRPG series and although this game was pretty damn good I also was kind of disappointed in it.

Story:

The story starts out with your main character, in the beginning just called Iron Mask, being a slave. 300 years ago the Renans invaded the planet of the Dahnans and since then kept the world in slavery. Quickly into the story Iron Mask meets a mysterious girl named Shionne and together they break free from their oppressors. After this their main goal is to rid the world of the Renan terror by defeating the 5 lords of the 5 realms in the world. This is the setting and ofcourse there are many twists and turns later on and you meet your party members along the way. And as with most Tales of games, when you think you’re almost done with the story, you’re only half way..

Loved most of the characters and especially a certain antagonist. He was a bad ass insane guy. ?

All in all I liked it. But I had a major deja vu thinking back at other Tales of games. It felt like a hybrid story of Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Graces F. Don’t want to spoiler too much so let’s leave it at that.

Battle system:

Also liked it. Once again it’s fast paced. Easy to pick up but harder to master if you want play on higher difficulties. Unfortunately there are no trophies attached to clearing the game on higher difficulties, so you can play on very easy if you want to. I don’t recommend that at all as it’s braindead easy. 

But also this battle system isn’t as good as Tales of Graces, Xillia or Berseria. 

Apart from the major story boss battles the side bosses are most of the time just rehashed versions you already came across many times.

Skits:

A famous part of Tales of games are skits. It’s short conversations between the characters of the game. In every other Tales of game this is filled with humor. With the absolute highlight being the skits with Teepo in Tales of Xillia 2.

But in this game there is (almost) no humor. The first 200 skits I watched were all extra story info. So after that I started skipping them. At the end there were a few with an attempt at humor but the skits in this game are the worst in any Tales of game. Disappointing.

This is another example of a AAA title where the developers thought ‘let’s make this as easy as possible’. Everything can be done in 1 playthrough. Getting all titles, a skill system that’s in all Tales of games, is very easy. Minigames: easy. Arena: easy. 

With 50 hours total playtime this is also by far the shortest Tales of game to platinum. Every other Tales of game is well over 100 hours. Yup: easy.

Now this all sounds a bit negative but this game is still really good. Beautiful worlds, good characters, good story, some very fun side quests. I can highly recommend it. And I can see a Tales of Arise 2 happening..

Let’s end this with ranking the Tales of games I’ve played.

1. Tales of Symphonia

2. Tales of Berseria

3. Tales of Vesperia

4. Tales of Graces F

5. Tales of Xillia

6. Tales of Arise

7. Tales of Xillia 2

8. Tales of Zestiria

9. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

A 6th place. Not too bad. ?

What’s next? Not too sure. I’m kind of hyped because of the Persona 5 Strikers on Ps Plus rumour. I will definitely pick that up and start that asap if the rumour turns out to be true.

Until then I might clean up Pix The Cat. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is almost done. I also bought Hard Reset Redux. A FPS by the makers of Shadow Warrior. With an exact copy of the trophy list of Shadow Warrior. So that means a Heroic Mode playthrough.. ? But that might be a good game to play while I wait for P5 Strikers.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 3

Whew, you finished that fast! ? A good game to end the year with! Man, if the P5S rumor turns out to be true, you'll love the game. Although once you're pretty much finished with the game, you've got to do a 10-ish hour grind fighting the same enemy over and over to raise your overall party bond level to 99, which can be a bit tedious. I'd recommend listening to podcasts or some of your favourite music to kill time while you're doing it, which is what I usually do with repetitive grinds. ? From what I can remember it's best to use Thor, an electric Persona who does super effective damage... but then get ready to hear the enemy say "I CAN'T MOVE!" nearly every time you cast the attack... It nearly drove me insane I tell you! ?

You're very close with BO4 too! And when I first heard you were doing a game called 'Pix the Cat' I first figured it'd be a nice game in-between the hard stuff you're doing... but holy shit, 0.33% completion rate!!! ? Then again, so long as a game doesn't have any unobtainables and/or is a single-player game, you've got all the time in the world to do it, which definitely makes the prospect of harder content seem a lot less daunting. Best of luck with your current games and what you'll do in 2022! ?

• Like 1

Well done @Baker! You crushed it in 2021!!! ???
You're very close with DMC5, Wolfenstein II and BO4, so I know you'll get those done soon too, you got this.

But when you reach your goal and close this thread, I hope this doesn't mean you'll be leaving PSNProfiles forever! ? In any case however, it's ultimately your choice, and like all things we gotta enjoy the ride while it lasts. I suppose we can't do these things until the end of time! ? I've seen a couple threads of the previous 'era' of users who are long gone, and eventually so will we, but I'm sure we'll all make the best of every second! Whatever you choose this year in 2022, do what you want man! 2022 will be a good one!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

Well done @Baker! You crushed it in 2021!!! ???
You're very close with DMC5, Wolfenstein II and BO4, so I know you'll get those done soon too, you got this.

But when you reach your goal and close this thread, I hope this doesn't mean you'll be leaving PSNProfiles forever! ? In any case however, it's ultimately your choice, and like all things we gotta enjoy the ride while it lasts. I suppose we can't do these things until the end of time! ? I've seen a couple threads of the previous 'era' of users who are long gone, and eventually so will we, but I'm sure we'll all make the best of every second! Whatever you choose this year in 2022, do what you want man! 2022 will be a good one!

In the case of BO4 you are right, I’m almost done. Just two more coop sessions if we beat the Easter Eggs first try, which until now we have done with the others. Zombies is definitely easier than in BO3.

For Wolfenstein II and DMC5 I am not even close to be done. ? That’s going to take a lot of hours. Also Pix The Cat turnes out to be much harder than I expected it to be. I have my work cut out for me.

About leaving PSNP. I don’t know. I might, but my guess is I won’t. I’m not quitting gaming altogether, I’m just quitting trophy hunting and I will abandon this profile. 

But that’s all something for the future..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baker said:

For Wolfenstein II and DMC5 I am not even close to be done. 1f602.png That’s going to take a lot of hours. Also Pix The Cat turnes out to be much harder than I expected it to be. I have my work cut out for me.

Oh that's right! Mein leben isn't exactly a walk in the park! ? I'll never understand why they make THAT of all things a bronze trophy. But in any case, I know you'll destroy it! And DMC5, man, that game's got a killer soundtrack, and I mean killer. Not many games have OST's that good, but DMC5 is one of 'em, I'm sure it'll motivate you along the way! You can do this!

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 1

Nice write-up man! I enjoyed to hear your take on this, glad to hear you stuck with it and enjoyed it.

This one is rotting away in my backlog too; I started it with my wife many moons ago, but we just couldn't really get into it ? Maybe I should give it another shot ?

I have to agree wholeheartedly with you on the disdain for collectible guides ? Nothing bores me more than to need a guide so much that it stops the flow of the actual game! 

• Like 1

On 8-1-2022 at 3:14 AM, Joe Dubz said:

Nice write-up man! I enjoyed to hear your take on this, glad to hear you stuck with it and enjoyed it.

This one is rotting away in my backlog too; I started it with my wife many moons ago, but we just couldn't really get into it ? Maybe I should give it another shot ?

I have to agree wholeheartedly with you on the disdain for collectible guides ? Nothing bores me more than to need a guide so much that it stops the flow of the actual game! 

I don’t know how many hours you were into the game but as said I also couldn’t really get into it in the first couple of hours. After a while the game became more and more enjoyable for me to the point I couldn’t stop playing and I played 55 hours in 5 days. ?

Might be worth it to give it another go and push beyond the initial slow start.

But I would advice to follow a collectible guide if you’re aiming for the platinum. Unless you have the Maxima upgrade. That comes with a treasure tracker item that locates missed treasures. Really, why isn’t that in the base game!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baker said:

I don’t know how many hours you were into the game but as said I also couldn’t really get into it in the first couple of hours. After a while the game became more and more enjoyable for me to the point I couldn’t stop playing and I played 55 hours in 5 days. 1f605.png

Might be worth it to give it another go and push beyond the initial slow start.

But I would advice to follow a collectible guide if you’re aiming for the platinum. Unless you have the Maxima upgrade. That comes with a treasure tracker item that locates missed treasures. Really, why isn’t that in the base game!?

I want to say we only played for the first few hours and then gave up... I am definitely gonna take you up on this and give it another shot!

I appreciate the advice too, will definitely keep that in mind, as much as I despise having to follow a guide while playing something ? But if it will save me many hours of hassle trying to search out the last few chests it would be worth it!

• Like 1