PS Plus games vanished from Download List

Otonio_Bruno

I've been hit with an weird issue, that I just noticed yesterday due to this thread:

And to my surprise, my PS Plus are completely gone, not a single one of them. I had my prior PS Plus subscription up to june 5th, I waited about a week or so to buy PSN gift cards to resubscribe during days of play PS Plus sale (15% off). Anyway, I didn't check right after resubbing but all my PS Plus are gone and nor I can't reactivate any expired licenses for already downloaded PS Plus games on my ps3 harddrive. Already tried a few solutions around the internet and nothing solved, I'm pretty sure I will need to contact Sony's support to fix this, I'm posting this thread more as heads-up than a way to find a solution.

I've seen a lot of reports of this on reddit on the r/vita and r/ps3 communities. Seems to be a fairly widespread issue.

Have you by chance changed your PSN name at some point? Wondering if that's causing the issue.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

I extended my PS Plus back on the 2nd of this month and everything was fine then, but I decided to just double check after opening this thread and I can confirm all my PS Plus games on Vita and PS3 still seem accessible. They all appear near the top of my download list on both systems, and I started up PS Plus games that have been "expired" for a while on both systems, and aside from having them lingering on a "please wait" screen for a bit, they both started up fine and now display the current correct end period of my PS+ membership.

I've never changed my PSN username, mainly due to the various issues associated with doing so, despite how much I hate it. Not sure if it's relevant or not, but I also have never let my PS+ elapse since 2013. Never let it auto-renew either, I always extend it whenever PS+ is on sale by 20% or so off and buy one or two of those 12 month PS+ cards/codes from Amazon or ShopTo. My current PS+ membership is set to expire in 2024.

Not sure what could be causing it for some and not others. As other have speculated, it may be due to PSN usernames having being changed at some point, though I haven't looked enough into the issue to know whether or not a sizeable chunk of people affected have indeed changed their username at some point.

Hopefully you manage to get this resolved.

Really wish Sony would just give us our PS+ games on PS3 and Vita for free at this point, you get original Xbox and 360 games free permanently on Xbox Gold. It's not like they care about the PS3 or Vita any more, the stores for those systems were going to originally be shutting down less than a month from now before they backpedalled, not to mention they're reluctant to give customer support on those systems nowadays.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

I've been hit with an weird issue, that I just noticed yesterday due to this thread:

And to my surprise, my PS Plus are completely gone, not a single one of them. I had my prior PS Plus subscription up to june 5th, I waited about a week or so to buy PSN gift cards to resubscribe during days of play PS Plus sale (15% off). Anyway, I didn't check right after resubbing but all my PS Plus are gone and nor I can't reactivate any expired licenses for already downloaded PS Plus games on my ps3 harddrive. Already tried a few solutions around the internet and nothing solved, I'm pretty sure I will need to contact Sony's support to fix this, I'm posting this thread more as heads-up than a way to find a solution.

are you certain they are gone and not for example like other people here pointed out changed location in your downloadlist?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fenris-lima said:

This happens every time I renew. For some reason everything related to plus is thrown to the top of the list with the renewal date as the purchase date and since they all have the same date, they just get sorted randomly

Yes but that's normal behaviour.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

私はこのスレッドのために昨日気づいた奇妙な問題に見舞われました:

そして驚いたことに、私のPS Plusは完全になくなっており、そのうちの1つではありません。以前のPSPlusサブスクリプションは6月5日まででしたが、PS Plusのセール期間中(15%オフ)にPSNギフトカードを購入して再サブスクリプションするのを約1週間待ちました。とにかく、再サブスクライブの直後にチェックしませんでしたが、すべてのPS Plusがなくなり、ps3ハードドライブにすでにダウンロードされているPSPlusゲームの期限切れのライセンスを再アクティブ化することもできません。すでにインターネットでいくつかの解決策を試しましたが、何も解決しませんでした。これを修正するには、ソニーのサポートに連絡する必要があると確信しています。このスレッドは、解決策を見つける方法というよりも、ヘッドアップとして投稿しています。

Hi, I was surprised that some people have the same problems as me. 

I asked support to revert to my previous ID, but that didn't come true. My mastery account is in Japan and the account with this problem is in the US. I couldn't get support because it was a violation of the PSN rules.

I think it was because I changed my ID 2 years ago, but I don't know the truth.

Edited by EGZAM
changed the word
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

are you certain they are gone and not for example like other people here pointed out changed location in your downloadlist?

He did say "And to my surprise, my PS Plus are completely gone, not a single one of them."

2 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

I've seen a lot of reports of this on reddit on the r/vita and r/ps3 communities. Seems to be a fairly widespread issue.

Have you by chance changed your PSN name at some point? Wondering if that's causing the issue.

Hi. No, I've never changed my PSN ID, nor have any plans to do it. I thought it could be an issue only affecting those people, but clearly it's not since I'm being affected as well.

1 hour ago, fenris-lima said:

This happens every time I renew. For some reason everything related to plus is thrown to the top of the list with the renewal date as the purchase date and since they all have the same date, they just get sorted randomly

It was the same for me until now...=/

1 hour ago, visvoer18 said:

Yes, I've actually scrolled from top to bottom, slowly checking if any PS Plus I KNOW I had in the past, but none appeared.

44 minutes ago, EGZAM said:

Hi, I was surprised that some people have the same problems as me. 

I asked support to revert to my previous ID, but that didn't come true. My mastery account is in Japan and the account with this problem is in the US. I couldn't get support because it was a violation of the PSN rules.

I think it was because I changed my ID 2 years ago, but I don't know the truth.

It was your thread that made go check that, so thanks for bringing the issue to light here! Hopefully we can both solve this.

@Everyone So, since starting this thread and answering I did some more work on this problem. First I called Sony Support to see if they could somehow restore the licenses for me, but the rep guy while being very nice, he wasn't able to do anything. He mentioned deactivating the system then reactivating it, but doing that on the console itself didn't work out. Now I'm going to deactivate all through Playstation Store/Sony website and see if it changes anything. If not, I'm probably going to escalate this through e-mail or some other form bigger media recognizement (There are some ways to do it in my country)

Also, I should point out that I didn't only lose PS3 games, but PS Vita and PSP games as well. Only PS4 and PS5 now appears as free games on Plus subscription, which is leading me to think this might be related to Sony ditching old webstore...

• Like 3

ok that was gonna be my next question    I hight doubt that this is the case but do you have an option with a friend for example to log into your account on another ps3 system?

I doubt that you would see them there but I dont think you have anything to lose either

Out of curiosity, are other PS+ benefits still available to you on PS3 and Vita? Such as the cloud storage?

And I mentioned this on the other thread, and I'm sure it's probably something you've already tried, but have you searched for any games you know you previously know you had on PS+ on the store to see if you can download them from there (or if they just give you a price and tell you to buy it)?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

ok that was gonna be my next question    I hight doubt that this is the case but do you have an option with a friend for example to log into your account on another ps3 system?

I doubt that you would see them there but I dont think you have anything to lose either

Unfortunately no, all my friends only have PS4 or PS2 (Yes, ps2), I'm stuck in the between.

Just now, SuperSmexy500 said:

Out of curiosity, are other PS+ benefits still available to you on PS3 and Vita? Such as the cloud storage?

And I mentioned this on the other thread, and I'm sure it's probably something you've already tried, but have you searched for any games you know you previously know you had on PS+ on the store to see if you can download them from there (or if they just give you a price and tell you to buy it)?

Yes to first question, everything else is working just fine.

I did search for some games on PS Store and they show as not-bought, as if I never purchased those in my Plus subscription in the first place. Trying to start a game with expired PS Plus license prompts me to go store to renew license, but then I get an error saying the game could not be found! 

Edited by Otonio_Bruno

8 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Yes to first question, everything else is working just fine.

I did search for some games on PS Store and they show as not-bought, as if I never purchased those in my Plus subscription in the first place. Trying to start a game with expired PS Plus license prompts me to go store to renew license, but then I get an error saying the game could not be found! 

Very strange indeed.

Have you tried "restore licenses" on your PS4 or PS5? I know it may seem irrelevant, but I've heard of it somehow fixing game related issues for people on their PS3s before (not sure about Vita).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Lots of reports? I haven't seen any. I've just searched and can't even fine 1... 

Some examples. There were a few more on r/PS3 that I remember but I can't find them.

Saying lots is probably an exaggeration. Just feels like a lot since I am on those subs so often.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

I wonder if this is country specific, or perhaps even region specific if you're NOT in the current region and getting PS+.

Meaning if you are located in EU (as an example) and the account is NA PS+ (so outside the region), maybe they are now revoking PS+ freebies on THAT account.

Just a guess, I don't know enough about this situation since my PS+ games are still available on my alt (same region though NA).

Edited by agorazUHD
typos

12 hours ago, MrHealthy said:
Some examples. There were a few more on r/PS3 that I remember but I can't find them.

Saying lots is probably an exaggeration. Just feels like a lot since I am on those subs so often.

Yea that's not a lot, only one from PS3 is from 2 months ago which was only for a few games and from the looks of it they forgot to activate the unlock key. 

14 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Yes, Cloud is still available, i used it a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway guys you should phone the support and ask for a complete transaction history, even the free stuff is there. The one on the PlayStation website is incomplete on purpose.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Just checked and I have the same issue. Renewed my plus during the days of play sale also and for sure think that is the cause.

I made a thread the other day about the fact that my Plus symbol isn't showing here on my trophy page or card and someone told me that it doesn't show to other people on PSN either. (Confirmed this myself after with an alt account)

Somehow the days of play sub is only registering in certain ways, but not others. Cloud saves work on both platforms and the PS3 store says 'extend' if I go to the plus product page but any plus games I already had installed have reverted to the trial versions.

Also I noticed on the day I actually bought the thing that I never got the welcome to playstation plus e-mail that you usually get. Didn't think anything of it at the time though.

The most annoying thing is the only way to test anything is to wait an entire year for my sub to run out and then buy a 'regular' one... honestly I'm pretty much sworn off a PS5 so in a year from now I don't even know that I'll want plus again anyway! :P

• Like 1

My PS+ games are still in the download list but the purchase date hasn't updated since my PS+ renewed, which I'm pretty sure happened every previous time, even though my subscription never ran out.

I got the Days of Play sub (well, been getting it for the past few years) but I doubt it has anything to do with that. More likely it's just these unsupported platforms becoming increasinly broken.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yea that's not a lot, only one from PS3 is from 2 months ago which was only for a few games and from the looks of it they forgot to activate the unlock key. 

Still, at least 4 reports that I could find (I'm sure there were more) on reddit, and 3 reports here. Most being within the span of a couple weeks. Clearly something is going on.