Millions possibly all PS3 console IDs leaked causing consoles to be banned

GUDGER666

What makes me laugh on Reddit is those saying we were using cfw. If we were using cfw why would we be bothered about a ban, why wouldn't we just get a new ID and be on our way? Gonna have to stay off Reddit as my blood pressure is rising. 

Also what should i say to Sony when i contact them tomorrow, if they start saying I've been hacking and nothing can be done i will snap. If someone has my ID can they not check where it was used? 

• Like 4

Reddit is full of jerks. Someone even started to stalk me (even some of his  friends) because of some unpopular opinion i don't even remember to have said about the Vita, and was labeled as a "Nintendrone". The only Nintendo system i have ever owned was a Pokémon Mini gifted by some schoolmate almost two decades ago.

Edited by Lance_87

8 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

What makes me laugh on Reddit is those saying we were using cfw. If we were using cfw why would we be bothered about a ban, why wouldn't we just get a new ID and be on our way? Gonna have to stay off Reddit as my blood pressure is rising. 

Also what should i say to Sony when i contact them tomorrow, if they start saying I've been hacking and nothing can be done i will snap. If someone has my ID can they not check where it was used? 

First thing you should ask if the ban is permanent or temporary, then if there is a way to prove them that your console is clean and provide them, like your system information, something like that. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

@grifteskymfning

@Riztopher

@SnowxSakura

Do any of you remember the last time you used the consoles before they were shown as banned?

I have tested all my sixteen PS3:s now, two seem temp banned and one is completely banned.

The last time I used them was probably in march 2020 when boosting Chronicles of Riddick mp. I think.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Don't take it too personally, reddit in general is pretty toxic. I've been downvoted on there and insulted for daring to have an issue that apparently no one else has, or doesn't care about. Sadly, some sites just bring out the worst in human nature.

I'd say just try to explain as best you can calmly. I'm not sure if they can check where the ID was used, but maybe try asking if they can confirm the last account that used the "console" before the ban, if that's info they have access to or not. Unfortunately there's a good chance they won't be helpful, but I'd recommend to keep pursuing it until you get through to someone who can at least give you a straight answer other than the general copy-paste talk. I've had to do this a lot when my broadband has been down/having issues in the past. Sometimes takes forever to get through to someone who seems to actually listen and and at least semi-understands the issue instead of constantly trying to sell you "wifi boosters" or telling you to factory reset for the 100th time or some BS.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Don't take it too personally, reddit in general is pretty toxic. I've been downvoted on there and insulted for daring to have an issue that apparently no one else has, or doesn't care about. Sadly, some sites just bring out the worst in human nature.

I'd say just try to explain as best you can calmly. I'm not sure if they can check where the ID was used, but maybe try asking if they can confirm the last account that used the "console" before the ban, if that's info they have access to or not. Unfortunately there's a good chance they won't be helpful, but I'd recommend to keep pursuing it until you get through to someone who can at least give you a straight answer other than the general copy-paste talk. I've had to do this a lot when my broadband has been down/having issues in the past. Sometimes takes forever to get through to someone who seems to actually listen and and at least semi-understands the issue instead of constantly trying to sell you "wifi boosters" or telling you to factory reset for the 100th time or some BS.

Yea its awful, hate that place. 

Sony will probably tell me to do a database rebuild. 

19 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

I have tested all my sixteen PS3:s now, two seem temp banned and one is completely banned.

The last time I used them was probably in march 2020 when boosting Chronicles of Riddick mp. I think.

So that's 3 out of your 16. Not good. 

• Like 1

Anyway, I have watched the video for good, and I have understood almost all of it (I'm Italian, and Spanish is very similar). 

Basically he claims that some hacker have got all ps3 id, not some, all of it, and posted it online somewhere. He claims to have seen the file, basically just some text file with no encryption. And he says that now, the hacker community have access to all existent ps3 id's, so this could potentially lead to a mass banning of ps3. But, he concludes that it's very unlikely, because in that case Sony should ban potentially everyone, but since it's their fault in the first place, they should not ban even a single person because they can't know if the console is actually on CFW or is one of those that got leaked. 

That's the gist of the video, I can't translate word per word a ten minutes video. ?

Hope this is helpful for someone. 

Obviously if someone speaks the language, he can offer a better translation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Reddit is full of jerks. Someone even started to stalk me (even some of his  friends) because of some unpopular opinion i don't even remember to have said about the Vita, and was labeled as a "Nintendrone". The only Nintendo system i have ever owned was a Pokémon Mini gifted by some schoolmate almost two decades ago.

Dude the exact same thing happened to me. I said something about the vita and then some dude kept messaging me calling me a nintendo fanboy. I think the vita just has some unhinged dude who really loves his vita.

2 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

3/16 is not a good ratio tbh

I had around 15 titles that I wanted to plat on my PS3 (the FF XIII trilogy, Tales of Xillia 1+2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution among them) but at this point I'm kind of hesitating, as I don't want to get my console (or account even) nuked because of something that is out of my control. 

28 minutes ago, N7-BigBoss said:

Dude the exact same thing happened to me. I said something about the vita and then some dude kept messaging me calling me a nintendo fanboy. I think the vita just has some unhinged dude who really loves his vita.

Its crazy how weird some people can be. I remember when i first got my PS3 i use to play the first GRID. Every time i played it online this one person would just stay at the start line and smash into people. I played the game again about 2yrs later in 2011 before the servers went offline and they were still there!  In 2018 i removed them from my block list to make room... Within 1hr they messaged me saying "Remember Me!" 

Mental. 

16 minutes ago, UnstoppableRock1 said:

3/16 is not a good ratio tbh

I had around 15 titles that I wanted to plat on my PS3 (the FF XIII trilogy, Tales of Xillia 1+2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution among them) but at this point I'm kind of hesitating, as I don't want to get my console (or account even) nuked because of something that is out of my control. 

Yea I'm more worried about my account. If its a temporary console ban I'm removing my account asap. 

Edited by GUDGER666

4 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Its crazy how weird some people can be. I remember when i first got my PS3 i use to play the first GRID. Every time i played it online this one person would just stay at the start line and smash into people. I played the game again about 2yrs later in 2011 before the servers went offline and they were still there!  In 2018 i removed them from my block list to make room... Within 1hr they messaged me saying "Remember Me!" 

Mental. 

Yea I'm more worried about my account. If its a temporary console ban I'm removing my account asap. 

There's some real creeps out there. I had someone on a different site start randomly spamming me with poop and dick pics, all because I didn't respond to a message they sent me (had no idea who they were, so ignored it). They then started making alts to continue spamming me when I blocked him, then they started spamming everyone on my friends list when I set my PMs to "friends only". Still remains one of the most bizarre encounters I've had online.

Anyway, as for the account thing; unless there's some proof/record of your own PSN account doing something malicious, I'm not sure there's really much chance of it getting banned. I can understand the concern though, it'd worry me too.

• Like 3

2 more sites reporting on it. Less than 48hrs since i posted this, happy with the spread its getting, thanks to everyone that is contributing.  I just hope a big site reports on it so it blows up and more people check their consoles. 

https://oltnews.com/sony-data-breach-may-result-in-ban-on-ps3-consoles-gamerant

https://twistedvoxel.com/amp/major-ps3-console-id-breach/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

Just curious, why do you have 16 PS3’s?

• Like 2

On 19.06.2021 at 04:56, AJ_Radio said:

Surowa prawda jest taka, że PS3 i Vita są o krok od podtrzymywania życia. Sony próbuje ich zabić. To, że zniesiono zamknięcie sklepów PS3/Vita, nie oznacza, że nie próbują zatrzymać wsparcia.

Już niedługo zrobię ogromne porządki w zaległościach PS3/Vita. Sugeruję każdemu z was, który nadal ma gry na tych systemach, aby przejrzał je tak szybko, jak to możliwe.

Na tych konsolach absolutnie nic nie jest już bezpieczne. Fakt, że nie możesz nawet śledzić osób grających na nich w aplikacji PS, a nawet zobaczyć znajomych online na PS4/PS5, którzy nadal grają na tych starszych konsolach, jest dowodem na to, że Sony je wycofuje.

Ostatnią rzeczą, jaką muszę usłyszeć, jest to, że ktoś twierdzi, że niektórym z nas może zostać zabroniony dostęp do naszych starych konsol z powodu takiego gówna. W przeszłości PS3 były blokowane, ponieważ ktoś używał na nich CFW.

Pomimo niesmaku i nienawiści, jaką żywię do Microsoftu, jest to jedna kategoria, w której naprawdę dobrze sobie radzą. Sony zawsze było gówniane, jeśli chodzi o konserwację.

PS4 showing if you playing on PS3. See friend on follower list.

1 minute ago, Adamek_2326 said:

But... Works! :D

yes, but it's ridiculous and broken. appear ps vita too. it wouldn't cost Sony anything to maintain this service

3 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

off topic, but I see a lot of people arguing: if you want to keep your sanity, don't spend too much time on reddit. reddit is great for some niche communities and some info here and there, but it's not a healthy environment to go to on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, N7-BigBoss said:

The funniest thing is that i blocked this idiot, then one of his friends started attacking me, too. And he played a lot less Vita games than me. And i barely played it lmao.

These guys seriously thought that Sony will eventually release a PS5 Portable based on some ridiculous Bloomberg/Goldman Sachs/Whatever article.

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

Just curious, why do you have 16 PS3’s?

I have a big rig that I have named the Grift Force One. I use quad multi-viewers to get sort of a CCTV grid on my TVs so I can use multiple consoles on the same screen, then I set up eight PS3:s to fill boosting servers for dead games. Me and a friend recently did full lobbies for Max Payne 3, FarCry 2 and Quantum Theory with just the two of us.

Also, the 500GB Super Slims sell for around $40-50 here in Sweden, so I have a bunch of extras and for spare parts. I have five Vitas, nine PS4:s and two PS5:s for the very same reasons.

• Like 2