PS Plus version won't get the free upgrade for ps5

Thermopyle2

8 hours ago, Elbender93 said:

It amazes me to see how many people feel entitled to receive a free upgrade, that the devs had to work to make, for a game that they had already got for free in the first place.

Not everyone expects free stuff but at least give people the option to pay for the upgrade if they already have the game from Plus. We can leave the semantics of whether the games under Plus are free or not out of it.

8 hours ago, Elbender93 said:

It amazes me to see how many people feel entitled to receive a free upgrade, that the devs had to work to make, for a game that they had already got for free in the first place.

Exactly. They cant just give away the game for free. It needs finical support like every other game. People are such entitled babies.

• Like 1

I honestly don't understand the surprise it's not like you bought the game in the first place plus it would kinda be a dick move to people who actually paid for it, and to my understanding the PS plus games are more of a throw in bonus.

Burritoprime.png

• Like 3

How would the PS+ "free" Upgrade work in the first place? Would this mean that you own the game even if your PS Plus is no longer renewed? Free Upgrades for PS5 are complete new game versions. Is there already a game that worked in this way so you got a complete separate Version of the PS Plus game outside of the subscription?

Edited by Aladan82

12 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Guess they don’t want me playing their game then. It’s janky in the base PS4 version, and although I might have still given it a go, I’d now feel I was playing a second rate version. Same reason I don’t buy censored games on PlayStation and would get them on switch.

Also not going to buy the full game when I essentially already have it. especially as it’s not a must play.

I do understand this from their financial perspective, but from my position there is no way I’m playing the game at all now.

ok?  Good for you?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aladan82 said:

How would the PS+ "free" Upgrade work in the first place? Would this mean that you own the game even if your PS Plus is no longer renewed? Free Upgrades for PS5 are complete new game versions. Is there already a game that worked in this way so you got a complete separate Version of the PS Plus game outside of the subscription?

They must treat this game as separate new title alone. I guess they could either give this one free as well for this month to all members or make a discount at day one. From the company's point of view, there are potential buyers who didn't play the PS4 free version and it's a loss to the company if they offer ps5 version free.

Either way I can fully understand why PS5 upgrade is not offerred free and PS+ is not the same as XGP.  You pay more than double for XGP. 

11 hours ago, Lord_Raiden said:

ok?  Good for you?

Erm, no, not really, that’s the point. Clearly you haven’t been keeping up with the conversation here, nor the general sentiment.

11 hours ago, vgor1988 said:

I don't think it's entitlement to ask for a free upgrade when the Game Pass version is getting the upgrade at no additional cost and the PS+ version isn't.

The Gamepass version is far more than twice the price though (they pay more than twice as much for PS Now and get far fewer games to download, no point comparing it to PS+). I’m like you in that I won’t be buying the upgrade, I also won’t be playing a base game that I now see as second rate, but I wouldn’t compare the two services like they were the same.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, vgor1988 said:

I don't think it's entitlement to ask for a free upgrade when the Game Pass version is getting the upgrade at no additional cost and the PS+ version isn't.

This is essentially comparing apples to trout, though.

PS Now is the Gamepass equivalent.

Xbox Live is the PS+ equivalent.

Greedfall is currently on PS Now, but I'm not sure if it's the upgraded version, nor do I know how long it's staying.

• Like 1

Dead by Daylight was also a PS+ title and yet the PS5 upgrade was given out for free. So saying it‘s not possible is nonsense. I‘m not saying any dev must give out a PS5 upgrade of a former PS+ title for free. But they should add an option with a little fee of, lets say, $5 and make (almost) everyone happy. 

I surely will not buy the upgrade at fullprice for this game, FFVII or any other former PS+ title. They could‘ve made little money. Now they wont see any money. 

Edited by bendermac
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Erm, no, not really, that’s the point. Clearly you haven’t been keeping up with the conversation here, nor the general sentiment.

The Gamepass version is far more than twice the price though (they pay more than twice as much for PS Now and get far fewer games to download, no point comparing it to PS+). I’m like you in that I won’t be buying the upgrade, I also won’t be playing a base game that I now see as second rate, but I wouldn’t compare the two services like they were the same.

im keeping up just fine 

ypu feel entitled to things and feel every game should be made to your your specifications / requirements 

got it 

1 hour ago, Lord_Raiden said:

im keeping up just fine 

ypu feel entitled to things and feel every game should be made to your your specifications / requirements 

got it 

Lol, nope, not entitled at all. You will notice I said ”I do understand this from their financial perspective”. I then went on to explain that I’m not going to rebuy their game (because yes, Sony and I already bought it through PS +) but nor am I going to play a second rate version, so that’s me out.

Others have said the same.

But, again, I do see why they are doing it from a financial perspective. They want more profit as any business does.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 2

The funny thing is if they offered a free PS5 upgrade from PS+, I'd probably actually give it a go and also buy the DLC to get the 100%. But I'm not going to play the PS4 version over the PS5 one, and I'm not going to buy it. 

Surely others feel the same. It's completely in their right to do whatever they want, but I do think it's a pretty dumb move. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Lol, nope, not entitled at all. You will notice I said ”I do understand this from their financial perspective”. I then went on to explain that I’m not going to rebuy their game (because yes, Sony and I already bought it through PS +) but nor am I going to play a second rate version, so that’s me out.

Others have said the same.

But, again, I do see why they are doing it from a financial perspective. They want more profit as any business does.

You didn't buy it through plus you got it as one of  the freebies the service entitles you, there's profit of course but in this case it would be a jackass move to the people who actually put money in the game and supported the devs in the first place, you are not rebuying it as you said since you don't even own it in the fist place , games through plus are more like a long period rent.

Burritoprime.png

Edited by Sunnyburrito

6 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

You didn't buy it through plus you got it as one of  the freebies the service entitles you, there's profit of course but in this case it would be a jackass move to the people who actually put money in the game and supported the devs in the first place, you do not rebuy it as you said since you don't even have it in the fist place , games though plus are more like a long period rent.

Burritoprime.png

don’t bring up facts / logic or reason 

• Like 1

@Sunnyburrito

but in this case it would be a jackass move to the people who actually put money in the game and supported the devs in the first place”

Are you saying that providing the ps+ version with an upgrade would be unfair to those who bought it outright? Because it sounds like what you said, but I just can’t believe it’s what you meant…

1 minute ago, thefourfoldroot said:

@Sunnyburrito

but in this case it would be a jackass move to the people who actually put money in the game and supported the devs in the first place”

Are you saying that providing the ps+ version with an upgrade would be unfair to those who bought it outright? Because it sounds like what you said, but I just can’t believe it’s what you meant…

The only thing I can't believe here is your lack of self awareness.

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

The funny thing is if they offered a free PS5 upgrade from PS+, I'd probably actually give it a go and also buy the DLC to get the 100%. But I'm not going to play the PS4 version over the PS5 one, and I'm not going to buy it. 

Surely others feel the same. It's completely in their right to do whatever they want, but I do think it's a pretty dumb move. 

I am not sure about about the "surely others feel the same" part. If they like the game, they would probably support it anyway. I will get the PS5 version sooner or later and plat it again. Now I think it's a dumb move that they actually agreed to make Greedfall PS4 free in the first place. 

For a lot of players who skipped playing the PS4 version for free in the first place, I doubt they are interested in buying the PS5 version anyway. Why would they care so much about playing a free PS5 version, just because it's free???

6 minutes ago, YokA_sun said:

I am not sure about about the "surely others feel the same" part. If they like the game, they would probably support it anyway. I will get the PS5 version sooner or later and plat it again. Now I think it's a dumb move that they actually agreed to make Greedfall PS4 free in the first place. 

For a lot of players who skipped playing the PS4 version for free in the first place, I doubt they are interested in buying the PS5 version anyway. Why would they care so much about playing a free PS5 version, just because it's free???

No, I'm saying there's probably plenty of people that are interested in this game but haven't gotten around to it. I'd play the PS5 version, but I have no interest in the last gen version if I can play the better one. But as it stands now, they make no money if people don't buy the upgrade. However, if people get a free upgrade for a PS+ game they already own (which is also getting a free upgrade for regular owners), then they might enjoy it and purchase the DLC. At the very least, they could go the FFVIIR route and offer it at a steep discount. 

That said, I'm not too upset and I don't really care. It just means I'll probably never play the game and I'm fine with that. 

• Like 1

Anybody having problems with this in the store?? 

Im seeing the PS4 version which I own from plus, and I also see the PS5 version at £30, but the Gold edition edition is unavailable because i own the plus game apparently

So what, if I wanna play DLC on PS5, I must buy that and the base game separately???  Just wondering if its just a problem on my end or same for every1?? 

Guess if i ever do decide to cover it, i'll just buy the disc Gold Edition if there is one

17 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Guess if i ever do decide to cover it, i'll just buy the disc Gold Edition if there is one

Yes, there's a physical edition for Gold ps5.

Idk i really don't know if i would call it funny or what but people people saying that they bought the ps4 version, No, you did not buy the game, you are RENTING games, not now on ps5, not before on ps4, SINCE the conception of Plus on ps3. 

Now it's an extra because Online is NOT free anymore. Also, now it's easy for them(Sony) to block the upgrades because something that before it wasn't possible now it is. To purchase a game that you already "own". For me it's good, I have many games in my backlog, my ps4 copy is still sealed, i was about to sell it the other day, now with that free upgrade incentive I will keep it.

40 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Yes, there's a physical edition for Gold ps5.

Idk i really don't know if i would call it funny or what but people people saying that they bought the ps4 version, No, you did not buy the game, you are RENTING games, not now on ps5, not before on ps4, SINCE the conception of Plus on ps3. 

Now it's an extra because Online is NOT free anymore. Also, now it's easy for them(Sony) to block the upgrades because something that before it wasn't possible now it is. To purchase a game that you already "own". For me it's good, I have many games in my backlog, my ps4 copy is still sealed, i was about to sell it the other day, now with that free upgrade incentive I will keep it.

Nice, thanks! I'll just buy PS5 physical then if i ever get to it. 

I dont expect a free upgrade from Plus, otherwise Devs may stop releasing these enhanced ports if they think they will lose a large portion of the potential consumerd due to a free Plus version years back

But on the flip side, I can see why some would be annoyed about it, it is a tricky one. Another joy of publishing games ;)

The amount we pay for Plus and the sheer amount of games we get throughout the year, although we pay for plus, I veer more to the side that they are free. Sure, we are potentially paying, but if you divide it all up throughout the year, its like 50p a game, and thats not considering the other Plus perks like online play, sales and stuff!! 

Is your PS4 phys copy due a free copy then to the PS5 Gold Edition or just the PS5 standard version?? 

4 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Nice, thanks! I'll just buy PS5 physical then if i ever get to it. 

I dont expect a free upgrade from Plus, otherwise Devs may stop releasing these enhanced ports if they think they will lose a large portion of the potential consumerd due to a free Plus version years back

But on the flip side, I can see why some would be annoyed about it, it is a tricky one. Another joy of publishing games ;)

The amount we pay for Plus and the sheer amount of games we get throughout the year, although we pay for plus, I veer more to the side that they are free. Sure, we are potentially paying, but if you divide it all up throughout the year, its like 50p a game, and thats not considering the other Plus perks like online play, sales and stuff!! 

Is your PS4 phys copy due a free copy then to the PS5 Gold Edition or just the PS5 standard version?? 

The upcoming Gold edition has that name due a new content (dlc). There was no extra content for ps4, so my disc/version is the one any other guy in my situation has, regular disc edition. I haven't upgraded it yet, but according to what I've googled You upgrade to Gold edition meaning you get the dlc for free. If that it's true I hope it's the beginning of this kind of upgrades that really thank people ( previous buyers) for believe in the product.

Edit: Can someone confirm if real buyers get the dlc for free? Meaning the whole gold edition.

Edited by GoldenShaka