Sony Customer Service allegation: PS3/Vita store IS closing

12 minutes ago, Sergen said:

This is believable because it's Sony, but because your account only has 6 forum posts and it's your word we have to go with, what other proof do you have of this? My PS3 download list is working fine.

I'm glad your list is working you are lucky you don't have to go through what I'm going through. I don't have any proof, other than what I was told. And I'm just letting you guys know. If you want to ignore it go ahead. I have no interest in creating drama or clickbait. I do not have time for that. It is not gospel, just something I heard through the grapevine that I thought might warrant some further investigation ??‍♀️

1 minute ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Doubtful, especially since your name has “hurt” in it, but if true, I’m done with them.

One thing is closing the store, which is basically better than keeping it open without discounts, honestly, another is deleting the games you bought in the first place.

What does my have to do with anything? It's a play on words

1 minute ago, TheQueenOfHurts_ said:

I'm glad your list is working you are lucky you don't have to go through what I'm going through. I don't have any proof, other than what I was told. And I'm just letting you guys know. If you want to ignore it go ahead. I have no interest in creating drama or clickbait. I do not have time for that. It is not gospel, just something I heard through the grapevine that I thought might warrant some further investigation ?1f3fc.png‍♀️

What does my have to do with anything? It's a play on words

Precisely ?, it’s a play on word, yours is an announcement that will leave many people  mentally hurt.

The old my uncle who works at/ customer service rep told me/ heard from my roommate type of rumor. Been awhile since I have seen one of these.

Assuming this representative was truthful, they were probably talking about things that get quietly delisted for various reasons. This used to happen back even before the PlayStation 4 Were certain licenses would run out so a game or DLC item would be delisted.

1 hour ago, TheQueenOfHurts_ said:

I am aware this was just a customer service rep, and it's just meant to be a heads up for what COULD be coming down the pipeline. Although I could not find unmechanical extended on the store for ps3 after I played it on ps4, which was what alerted me to my initial problem. I know the store is glitchy though and sometimes games just don't show up, so it will be hard to confirm..

Introducing…the actual reason you couldn’t find it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

Introducing…the actual reason you couldn’t find it.

On 10/15/2020 at 1:12 PM, Wakayama_PT said:

Back in July 2, the publisher Grip Digital announced on tweeter that their business strategy has slightly shifted and they will be no longer able to support their old titles.

Source: 

The titles that are already delisted are:

- DeadCore and McDROID for PS4.

Mothergunship for PS4 (can be bought in a physical copie).

- Tower of Guns for PS3 and PS4 (can be bought in a physical copie).

The titles that are still available in the PS Store:

Atomic NinjasJet Car Stunts and Foosball 2012 in Europe and Australia for PS3 and PSVita.

Unmechanical: Extended Edition and Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut for PS3 and PS4.

The Solus Project and Skylar and Plux: Adventure on Clover Island for PS4.

So, for the people that are still interested in buying the games that are still available, I recommend buying them now before they probably get delisted in the future.

"The titles that are still available in the PS Store...Unmechanical Extended Edition for PS3 and PS4"

(....) A game being delisted has nothing to do with disappearing from the download list, a game disappearing is usually license issues which support can help unless you got them for free or is a demo, I have plenty of games that have been delisted in the past and I can still download them just fine, it baffles me that it's 2021 digital games have been around for ages and people still ask the same thing over and over again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

(....) A game being delisted has nothing to do with disappearing from the download list, a game disappearing is usually license issues which support can help unless you got them for free or is a demo, I have plenty of games that have been delisted in the past and I can still download them just fine, it baffles me that it's 2021 digital games have been around for ages and people still ask the same thing over and over again.

I didnt say they were related, I said not being able to find the game on the store made me look deeper and discover it missing from my download list. I am not saying the two issues are related at all, I only mentioned my missing games to add context to why I called customer service in the first place

11 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

What's with all the clickbait threads around here lately? I swear it's only a matter of time before we start reading stories about Jim Ryan breaking into people's houses and stealing their PS3s and Vitas. 

You just made my day. Now I can't get this out of my head anymore. Lmao.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

What's with all the clickbait threads around here lately? I swear it's only a matter of time before we start reading stories about Jim Ryan breaking into people's houses and stealing their PS3s and Vitas. 

Don't give Jim any Ideas

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Funniest thing I’ve seen all day. xD 

• Like 4

If there's one thing I've learned on this site lately it's to not jump to conclusions about anything until something actually happens. I'm pretty sure Sony cannot legally remove purchased games from download lists. They can remove them from the store, but not from your personal download list once you've bought them. In fact, there's no company that is legally capable of doing this (except Nintendo when they shut down the wii shop for whatever reason). My steam account still has a number of delisted games on my account that I can download at any time despite being removed from the store, like Alpha Protocol and

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. If games are missing from your download lists it's not related to a store closure issue.

The fact that this comes from some random person from customer service means nothing either. These people have a history of being misinformed and their comments should always be taken with a grain of salt. Remember that one service rep who promised that the Mad Max platinum trophy would still be obtainable after the servers shut down?

I work as a customer service rep myself and believe me, we're always the last people to be told anything about upcoming plans. It's possible the rep misunderstood or just plain lied to try and end the interaction. I'd definitely take all this with a pinch of salt.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Snake_1302 said:

If there's one thing I've learned on this site lately it's to not jump to conclusions about anything until something actually happens. I'm pretty sure Sony cannot legally remove purchased games from download lists. They can remove them from the store, but not from your personal download list once you've bought them. In fact, there's no company that is legally capable of doing this (except Nintendo when they shut down the wii shop for whatever reason). My steam account still has a number of delisted games on my account that I can download at any time despite being removed from the store, like Alpha Protocol and

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. If games are missing from your download lists it's not related to a store closure issue.

The fact that this comes from some random person from customer service means nothing either. These people have a history of being misinformed and their comments should always be taken with a grain of salt. Remember that one service rep who promised that the Mad Max platinum trophy would still be obtainable after the servers shut down?

All of the games missing from my list is every single plus game I added to my library since 2011. I am anal and added every single offering even if I had no intention of ever playing it. In March they were there, July 3rd they were not. Even crossbuy games that are on my account on ps4 are not showing up on ps3 or vita. So please don't tell me it's not related to the store closure, because it absolutely could be. Further more, the rep could only see my history back to 2014, which is guess what, when the ps4 came out. Go on a PS4 and look at a friend's profile and go to games, you will only see their ps4 games. Sony is putting the ps3 and vita to bed whether we like it or not. Lastly, for the last time, the customer service reps statement was just a comment he made, and I am not saying his statement is related to games missing from my list, and I am definitely saying be skeptical as he's just some customer service rep. I felt someone out there might want hear this on the off chance that it is true. I would love for Sony to make an official statement and just be honest about their plans but we all know communication is not their strong suit

2 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Sorry, they publish great games and make great consoles. I have had my fun with the ps3 and only use it once in a blue moon. The last purchase I made on it was probably 7 years ago. I agree they shouldn't shut down the service, but people are hardly going to stop buying from Sony if they are a PlayStation fan. 

Maybe so but that is what am trying to put down if people want to hurt them show it to them. As if you ask me they should care about the past games then making some big grand bs movie like games of now as the past is what made them what they are now and forgetting it is spitting in the face of how they got here but hey am just the kind of guy who sees the big dick ego all companies get when they are in the lead. at least companies like Microsoft and Nintendo are trying to bring the past games or even let you bring them from the past consoles while Sony is being an asshole and forgot about that when the ps4 came around.

3 minutes ago, TheQueenOfHurts_ said:

All of the games missing from my list is every single plus game I added to my library since 2011. I am anal and added every single offering even if I had no intention of ever playing it. In March they were there, July 3rd they were not. Even crossbuy games that are on my account on ps4 are not showing up on ps3 or vita. So please don't tell me it's not related to the store closure, because it absolutely could be. Further more, the rep could only see my history back to 2014, which is guess what, when the ps4 came out. Go on a PS4 and look at a friend's profile and go to games, you will only see their ps4 games. Sony is putting the ps3 and vita to bed whether we like it or not. Lastly, for the last time, the customer service reps statement was just a comment he made, and I am not saying his statement is related to games missing from my list, and I am definitely saying be skeptical as he's just some customer service rep. I felt someone out there might want hear this on the off chance that it is true. I would love for Sony to make an official statement and just be honest about their plans but we all know communication is not their strong suit

Like I said, I'm not going to fall for more doomsaying until something more concrete shows up. I can't say why your PS3 downloads are missing, but it's not an uncommon issue, I've seen threads talking about it on this site before

People speculate that it could be because of lapsing PS Plus subcriptions before renewing it, changing your PSNID, etc.

Also want to point out that PS3 games don't show up on PS4 period. They've always been separate, so that means nothing.

After the fiasco about the initial store closing i doubt they would reannounce the closure this soon. If anything its a sign that mass delistings are indeed gonna happen very soon(we already had one with the need for speed delistings) and that sony is not gonna allow any more contract extensions for ps3/vita content. The store will close eventually but they are waiting until theses fuck all left before announcing it for real this time.

• Like 1

See, I'd be more suspicious of this

had Sony not burned me prior.

I remember this one guy on Twitter being like "Sony closing the stores makes no sense - there are still games coming out after said closure!" and they were wrong.

Do I think this is true? No. Mostly because of the PR nightmare. But. I'm on guard.

1 hour ago, The Alchemist said:

I know that's something that Kaz would have done, not Jim Ryan.