The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

• 2 weeks later...

Two of my favorite characters got killed but I couldn't care less thanks to bad storytelling. Don't ask me specifics because I'm not movie maker, but the way how these episodes are presented doesn't please me very well. Usually I do care what happens to my favorite characters in TV and movies. 

One positive thing I can say is Jeffrey Dean Morgan. His acting is top notch and he was the only thing that kept me somewhat entertained. I should just stop watching this show, but for some reason I can't. Maybe I'm just stupid and like to torture myself.

• Like 2

My two favorite characters...gone. I don't know where they will take the show from here but it will never be the same without them.

I never thought I'd be mad at Daryl but last night made me hate him, at least for a while.

He lost Beth and now this.Also he let Dwight live in their first encounter.Who's the real villain here?Negan just set things right

The show is officially over for me.

I was truly hoping the deaths would be "significant".  Yes glenn is a major character, but why keep Daryl this long?
I don't care if he's your "cash cow", his character is becoming so useless yet they give him more screen time each season.

Following the comic was really lame too... Abraham died shortly before the Negan scene so we all knew he was going to die soon enough so I didn't get attached to him at all.

I was truly hoping the deaths would be "significant".  Yes glenn is a major character, but why keep Daryl this long?

I don't care if he's your "cash cow", his character is becoming so useless yet they give him more screen time each season.

Following the comic was really lame too... Abraham died shortly before the Negan scene so we all knew he was going to die soon enough so I didn't get attached to him at all.

?  But they were significant....

I agree. I'll say the same thing I said elsewhere. Abraham was a "meh" character to me. I never cared whether he lived or died and Glenn was the safe choice. I wanted Negan to kill someone whose death would elevate this series. Maggie—that's not only her dying but her's and Glenn's baby, too. That would twist everybody up more than these two deaths combined, I think. Michonne—with her's and Rick's new relationship, it would tear him up. That would be the third woman he has feelings for—dead. Or Daryl—the fan-favorite and someone who's not in the comics. He could have easily been written off just like Glenn, but it would have been more impactful for the show. All-in-all, I was disappointed with this premiere.

I'm definitely going to miss Glenn. He was easily my favorite character. But on the other hand, I loved the premiere and I'm super excited for the rest of the season. There's a few events from the comics coming up that I'm interested to see how they translate them to the screen, if they even do... Like Carl's weird ass bromance lol.

It also kind of caught me off guard that it seemed like Negan actually broke Rick, way worse then in the comics. Be interesting to see why they made that choice. I know they'll probably go with the same post carnage storyline for Rick but why make him look that bad in the moment...

But at the end of the day, I am seriously so pumped for the show to reach the "all out war" story arc. I really hope it's the second half of season 7 instead of stretching the lead up out till season 8... But knowing AMC, it'll be season 8.

Abraham was a "meh" character to me. I never cared whether he lived or died and Glenn was the safe choice.

I agree with this.

I'm definitely going to miss Glenn. He was easily my favorite character. 

But at the end of the day, I am seriously so pumped for the show to reach the "all out war" story arc. I really hope it's the second half of season 7 instead of stretching the lead up out till season 8... But knowing AMC, it'll be season 8.

Same here.

Now that the show is catching up to the comics, I'm guessing the pace will slow down.