Sabbath - Kinda Bloody Sabbath!

KindaSabbath

He's done some crazy shit. I've looked at his account a few times before to get some inspiration what I should do in the future. 

I highly recommend Nex Machina. I find it to be a phenomenal game. Full disclosure: I was involved in the development of Nex Machina, so you're free to take my opinion on it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

@Destructor-8 wow man your profile is pretty crazy. @CelestialRequiem check this out. Anyway yeah I haven't even REALLY started doing the S ranks in ACVD, and even worse than that is going to be the hardcore mode, so good luck to me lol. That's ok I'll get it done, the game is awesome. I would highly recommend you look into Nex Machina, it is Housemarque's best game in my opinion. I haven't played the ps5 game which funnily enough I can't even remember its name right now. 

Cheers dude! Yeah I remember doing the Rank S requirements in Armored Core V & some of the subquest requirements were absolutely ridiculous, definitely one of the hardest games to do. I should've got the game when it came out but decided not to at the time, however I got Armored Core V quite awhile after it wasn't fully possible but I still wanted to play it. I was able to get the Rank S after days of practice but some of the subquest stuff where you had to be really fast was something I couldn't do. Oh yeah I'm sure you'll get through that, it's nice to see you are getting through that. Oh nice, I'll have a look at it again, might be a good one to try out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I highly recommend Nex Machina. I find it to be a phenomenal game. Full disclosure: I was involved in the development of Nex Machina, so you're free to take my opinion on it with a grain of salt. 

No shit?!

That's awesome!

Do you work at housemarque? (If you are allowed to say?) 

Also, @KindaSabbath I was not involved in the development - so in my decidedly unsalted opinion... Nex Machina is rad as fuck, and you should absolutely play it! ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No shit?!

That's awesome!

Also, @KindaSabbath I was not involved in the development - so in my decidedly unsalted opinion... Nex Machina is rad as fuck, and you should absolutely play it! 1f601.png

I don't work at Housemarque; I'm independent. I wouldn't mind working there, however. That have excellent work-life balance for game development. Probably some of the best we'll see in the industry. 

1 minute ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I don't work at Housemarque; I'm independent. I wouldn't mind working there, however. That have excellent work-life balance for game development. Probably some of the best we'll see in the industry. 

Well, given that they have one of the most exemplary track records of putting out awesome games, that’s a great thing to hear!

From some of the stories of the past decade, seems a lot of studios out there could learn a lesson or two from them!

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Well, given that they have one of the most exemplary track records of putting out awesome games, that’s a great thing to hear!

From some of the stories of the past decade, seems a lot of studios out there could learn a lesson or two from them!

Absolutely. The industry needs to look toward Europe in general when it comes to how they handle game development. Being from America and having lived in Japan; it's something I'll always advocate for during my time on this planet. 

• Like 2

There's something about the art style I don't really like that has always put me off Little Nightmares when I've looked at it in the past but I think your review has convinced me I need to try it out at some point, especially if the rest of the soundtrack is as good as that one track you posted

Edited by MD_91
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Oh - dude - I just reread that, and that's not at all what I meant! 1f633.png

It's all good Doc - I didn't actually interpret it that way. I have some difficulties writing and its not an area that I'm very confident in. However, I decided much like I typically do with most things - it's time to get out of my comfort zone by actually applying myself and strive to improve. I took what you said as a compliment and it's an awesome one to receive from someone such as yourself who writes so well and with so much fluidity.

4 hours ago, Shrooba said:

Nice work on completing Little Nightmares! There's a cool juxtaposition artistically with Six wearing a colourful raincoat as opposed to the bleak browns of the musty cupboards and withered floorboards, and especially the attire of the others in the Maw. In times where there is prominent lighting, it's done so to emphasize and put more bluntly on display the hopelessness around you. I especially think the hues of blue in the more open sections make Six's yellow pop even more. 

Interestingly enough, the bright light as you leave is the same yellow as Six, correlating with that same sense of freedom, I think. Interesting how the brightness of the lighting in the other places is used to reinforce a sense of isolation, whereas that final light symbolizes an escape to a new life of sorts.

I agree completely. I think when a game is telling a story in the way Little Nightmares chooses to do so - the answers have to be all around you. This is very much what I meant by it's up to you as the player to piece it all together. It's a story told by all the intricacies of the environment, the lighting/colour palette, the music and all of your surroundings. It's a game that rewards intrigue and observation.. Also food for thought, but - the yellow raincoat could also represent that Six doesn't belong there - that's she's not meant to be apart of the ongoing cycle that is the MAW. 

Have you played LN on a different platform? I just noticed you don't have it on your profile.

4 hours ago, Shrooba said:

When it comes to a new mountainous game for you to conquer, based on your backlog, I'd personally say Wolfenstein 2 fits the bill. The Mein Leben trophy is no joke, and it'll take tons of attempts. That, I think, fits the same trial-and-error learning experience you had with Trials. Plus it'd be cool to see your thoughts and remarks on each attempt as you slowly push further and further in your runs!

Oh man, I'm really looking forward to Wolfenstein II. I do need to complete The New Order and The Old Blood first! The only reason I haven't bumped it up on my priority list is because having enough uninterrupted time for a clean run is difficult. I imagine pausing and resuming in multiple stints could ruin the flow. I have maybe 1 or 2 opportunities each week for such though, so I will get to it.

4 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Your probably gonna have a problem finding something high like to climb with rough terrain to boot.

By completing Trials so early you put your standards way to high.

But it’s better that way right? 

I dunno man, I think there's plenty of games out there that are harder than Trials. All I know is - Trials is the most fun I've had with videogames since I was a kid!

4 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Ill 2nd this, but I don’t think he’ll struggle to much, he seems pretty solid at video games.

I'd definitely approach Wolfenstein II with the respect it deserves. Even if I do have a couple of tough ones under my belt, Mein Leben is a beast in its own right. I have crazy respect for anyone who has pulled it off, and for those currently working on it.

4 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Yeah Vanquish is a rush, and even the stupid collectibles weren't too tedious which is a serious accomplishment honestly. I see on the front page that you mention games like Furi, or Nex Machina. I haven't done Furi yet, it's also on my list, but I can safely say Nex Machina will get your blood pumping. If I missed something between the first and 10th page I apologize but yeah I'd recommend Nex Machina

Man, it's one of those games where you just wish you could experience it all again, right?

I'll be getting to Furi and Nex fairly soon. You've probably only missed 8 pages of me talking about Trials ?

3 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

This review was fantastic dude. I don't really know much about this game but your write up really explained the game brilliantly as well as being just great to read. I as always really like how you do your ratings, especially the enjoyment ratings lol. I'm still so used to just reading Trials stuff here, but it's not Trials lol. I'm looking forward to the next review as you are getting through these games well.

Glad you liked it my dude! You are THE reason why I kept that Enjoyment Rating similar ? - absolutely sticking with that now, so everytime you see it - know you had a hand in it hahaha.

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Firstly, that's cool as fuck. Secondly, I'll take that as you know what you're talking about and I'll just look forward to playing through it even more! 

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Also, @KindaSabbath I was not involved in the development - so in my decidedly unsalted opinion... Nex Machina is rad as fuck, and you should absolutely play it! 1f601.png

? The game has so much high praise and has been recommended to me multiple times. I'm definitely keen to get to it. I've heard it has a pretty tidy guide as well @Arcesius

2 hours ago, MD_91 said:

There's something about the art style I don't really like that has always put me off Little Nightmares when I've looked at it in the past but I think your review has convinced me I need to try it out at some point, especially if the rest of the soundtrack is as good as that one track you posted

Thank you mate. I couldn't recommend the game(s) enough. I can promise you one thing for sure though - the soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal. Even if you don't play the game, give the full soundtrack a listen. To be honest though, just play the game! ??

5 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Thanks for the kind words! You should definitely start your own. I would follow along, as many others would, no hesitation. Its a pretty special little corner of the website we've got going over here. I'm happy to be apart of it and I 100% encourage anyone who's on the fence about starting their own thread - do it!

I might give it a go thanks to you my friend, I'm gonna keep you updated? 

Again, do it! You won't regret it. I'm pretty confident in saying that; anyone who is willing to put their all in on the Trials games will go on to complete them. It's a very rewarding experience. People like myself and the others you've seen in my thread who have beat the games - wouldn't hesitate to be in your corner and encourage/support you throughout your journey. Feel free to fire me a FR if you want some ghosts to race with!

I'll make sure to send you a request when I start the game then, thank you for proposing my friend ?

Next will likely be Limbo to wrap up Tier 1 for the Ultra Rare Clean Up. After that, I've got my sights set on Sekiro before tackling the rest of the Soulsborne games. Will need to juggle with a few UR games in-between to keep making progress over there. 

Nice, will be waiting on your upcoming reviews then ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Firstly, that's cool as fuck. Secondly, I'll take that as you know what you're talking about and I'll just look forward to playing through it even more! 

1f602.png The game has so much high praise and has been recommended to me multiple times. I'm definitely keen to get to it. I've heard it has a pretty tidy guide as well @Arcesius

Quite frankly, if a game has Housemarque’s name attached in any capacity, you are on to a winner - Resogun, Dead Nation, Matterfall - I loved every one.

I haven’t done Alienation, but I know @Arcesius is a big advocate for it, and I’m gonna drop a serious endorsement for Returnal too, since you have a PS5!

- granted, I don’t think any of their games are going to challenge to the level a Trials game did, but you’d be hard pressed, IMO, to find any company out there with a more consistent output of top-quality, balls-to-the-wall action fun-times than those guys make! ?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

He's done some crazy shit. I've looked at his account a few times before to get some inspiration what I should do in the future. 

Thanks dude! I'll definitely be getting that game then as I've heard very good things about it plus sounds like a nice challenge, which is always a good thing usually.

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No shit?!

That's awesome!

I remember reading your review on it & I think that was the first time I started to decide on whether to get it, so now I think I really will give it a go.

17 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Glad you liked it my dude! You are THE reason why I kept that Enjoyment Rating similar 1f602.png - absolutely sticking with that now, so everytime you see it - know you had a hand in it hahaha.

Oh nice haha! I'm glad about that then as I think it makes it a more fun read lol. Also as the others mentioned about Wolfenstein 2 it's definitely a good game to go for as everyone I know who has done it has recommended it a lot. It's meant to be a really good game as well. I do want to have a go at Wolfenstein 2 eventually so will be a game to just play until I get it. I'll definitely be looking forward to your progress on that. You've done some ridiculously impressive games so far!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Have you played LN on a different platform? I just noticed you don't have it on your profile.

Funnily enough, I’ve never played it! ? Just making observations based on gameplay I’ve seen + your review. Tempted to actually try it out! I’ll add it to my wishlist, definitely seems like a cool game! 

• Like 2

Absolutely killer review of Little Nightmares man!

I loved reading that, you put such an incredible amount of detail into it, people seem to universally have such an amazing time with Little Nightmares, I really feel like I've missed out - it's a game that I've always been interested in but never quite played yet..... Man that makes me sound like a broken record, I get so interested in these things and then never have the time to play them all - perhaps someone should invent that pill they give Carl in Beholder to make him stay awake perpetually with none of the negative brain functionality.

I'm definitely going to have to delve into Little Nightmares in the future though now after both you and Doc's rousing reviews of it - it's quite short isn't it? From what I understand so at least in that regard I shouldn't have to worry about it taking me an eternity to finish. Little Nightmares "YOU JUST MADE THE LIST"

I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Titanfall 2 eventually as well. I played the first Titanfall a little at a friends house, but the fact it was basically all online was a real turn off for me, Titanfall 2 isn't though right? So that's another one I think I ought to delve into. You'd never know it to look at my trophy list, but I used to absolutely love FPS games - there just haven't been many that have really caught my attention in the same way a lot of the ones from the PS2 era did, ones like Project Snowblind and Black, or the original XIII (not the awful remake, that removed almost everything that made the original one appealing).

For the most part it mostly seems to be Call of Duty or Battlefield, with not a whole lot of other IP's in the mix since the PS3 era, but that's probably just me being a bit blinkered by my lack of knowledge of modern FPS games these days. That isn't me turning this into an "everything was better in my day rant" those almost never lead anywhere productive anyway.  I just severely lack the knowledge base of modern FPS titles, again it's something that I should probably remedy at some point. As I always talk about how much I like experimentation and variety, I should probably back that up a little more right?  

Keep killing it with the reviews dude!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

If you want some easier times to race against, feel free to add me as well. I didn't go full-madness like our friend here, so my times should be closer to those of a regular mortal being and less god-like 1f602.png

Hahaha I'll make sure to send you an invit too, might be useful for both Trials and Trackmania since I also own that game and need some tips and advice because I'm fairly a beginner when it comes to racers ? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LosAngelesPride said:

Hahaha I'll make sure to send you an invit too, might be useful for both Trials and Trackmania since I also own that game and need some tips and advice because I'm fairly a beginner when it comes to racers 1f601.png 

It's great having more people for those games especially as not everyone might play the same way, which I like as it gives you the choice of how to approach things. I'm glad I'll have these guys for Trials so hopefully I can get better at that game. I don't think I'll be getting through Trials as quick as some of these guys but since it's such a fun game I find that a huge bonus. I'm glad I gave it a go so definitely go for it. As for Trackmania it doesn't require as much skill in comparison to get through the game as you'll be adapting naturally throughout it. I think most might assume that Trackmania only gets harder the further you go, however quite a lot of the game will surprise you. The skill will come throughout it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Quite frankly, if a game has Housemarque’s name attached in any capacity, you are on to a winner - Resogun, Dead Nation, Matterfall - I loved every one.

I haven’t done Alienation, but I know @Arcesius is a big advocate for it, and I’m gonna drop a serious endorsement for Returnal too, since you have a PS5!

That seems to be the consensus. I'll definitely start adding their games to my backlog, including Returnal... I still haven't played a PS5 game ?

13 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

granted, I don’t think any of their games are going to challenge to the level a Trials game did, but you’d be hard pressed, IMO, to find any company out there with a more consistent output of top-quality,

As much as I do love a challenge - I sure can appreciate quality. Not every game has to be tough, look how much I adore Little Nightmares ❤

@Destructor-8 - me and you are adding games far quicker than we could ever keep up with them ? 

12 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Absolutely killer review of Little Nightmares man!

I loved reading that, you put such an incredible amount of detail into it, people seem to universally have such an amazing time with Little Nightmares, I really feel like I've missed out - it's a game that I've always been interested in but never quite played yet..... Man that makes me sound like a broken record, I get so interested in these things and then never have the time to play them all - perhaps someone should invent that pill they give Carl in Beholder to make him stay awake perpetually with none of the negative brain functionality.

Really appreciate that mate! You probably understand the most how much that means!

If there's ever a workaround regarding the need for sleep. I could totally fuck with that ?

I'm definitely going to have to delve into Little Nightmares in the future though now after both you and Doc's rousing reviews of it - it's quite short isn't it? From what I understand so at least in that regard I shouldn't have to worry about it taking me an eternity to finish.

Yeah you really should. I've read in @DrBloodmoney 's top notch thread everything he's written about Little Nightmares. Selfishly - I'd encourage you to bump this one up on the priority list - reading your thoughts on it is something I'd be very, very excited for. I think you'd enjoy writing about this one an absolute fuck tonne.

Also it is very short. My total playtime on the game is 6hrs, and after I got all of the trophies - I did another deathless speed run for fun.

I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Titanfall 2 eventually as well. I played the first Titanfall a little at a friends house, but the fact it was basically all online was a real turn off for me, Titanfall 2 isn't though right?

Titanfall 2 has a much more focused effort of telling a story through its single player campaign. Where as the first was multiplayer only - with an attempt to tell the story through tid bits of dialogue whilst playing.

For the most part it mostly seems to be Call of Duty or Battlefield, with not a whole lot of other IP's in the mix since the PS3 era, but that's probably just me being a bit blinkered by my lack of knowledge of modern FPS games these days.

You're not wrong in my opinion. Most FPS games over recent years, usually have a tacked on half arsed single player component - which I feel - is mostly included to justify charging the same price as other games with more content.

I just severely lack the knowledge base of modern FPS titles, again it's something that I should probably remedy at some point. As I always talk about how much I like experimentation and variety, I should probably back that up a little more right?  

I would say definitely try a few out. However, only for the enjoyment of the gameplay - if you enjoy that style of gameplay, still. I don't typically jump into an FPS game with the hope of finding a great story. Outside of the Wolfenstein games over recent years, that has not once been the case.

2 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Damn, what a review! Dude, you keep stating that you need to improve your writing... Blah blah. So far, your reviews have been outstanding! What I like the most about them is that you seem to write very authentically, very like yourself. I don't know you personally, but I feel like one can really get to know your personality through your writing, and I mean this as a compliment! :)  

Thank you my dude, very high praise, I appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed the read! I'm becoming more and more confident in developing my own style. 

In any case... As you can see, Little Nightmares is one of the first games I played (though it's now further up my list because the DLC came out later..) I didn't know shit about it, but somehow I stumbled upon it and it was its artstyle that hooked me. I... was blown away

I remember watching the announcement trailer which a good friend of mine sent to me. It hit with me straight away, I was immediately excited to find out more about it. In recent memory, I can't think of another game that demanded my attention so quickly - just based on its very unique presentation. The tone and its very heavy atmosphere was present right from the very first showing. 

The artstyle is fantastic, with characters kreeping me out big time. It doesn't resort to your typical "let's make this as gory as possible" type of horror, nor does it jump-scare you constantly. It's more the overall tone of the game that makes it the - I don't use this word lightly - horror masterpiece that it is. 

You're absolutely right. When you think about the themes that the game alludes to, it's actually amazing they didn't feel the need to resort to some of the typical techniques you've stated above in order to drive it home... yet the game manages to hit harder than many others of its kind. Exactly as you say; it is a horror masterpiece.

Just stating it here... The only game that came close to Trials in terms of skill-ceiling was Trackmania Turbo. It's also the only game that got my blood pumping as much as Trials did. It's a fantastic, yet - to me at least - brutally hard game, and one that seems to be everything you love about videogames :) 

Trackmania does seem to tick all of my boxes. It's definitely one I'm looking to play. I'm not sure which order you played Fusion and Trackmania in, but would you say you enjoyed Trackmaina as much? Maybe I'm still a little high on Trials - but I can't help feeling that nothing else will ever be quite as fun and rewarding as Fusion/Rising.

I don't know how much experience you got with racers, but I highly recommend this one regardless! 

Not very much ? - well outside of kart racers. To be honest, maybe nothing outside of kart racers. I did play NFS underground 2 at a friends house a few times, though.

If you want something shorter and less demanding, yet simple in its controls... Look into Action Henk. It is a game 100% about time attacks on rails. 

Thanks! I'll check this one out, sounds my jam!

Damn, that's awesome! 1f633.png But yeah, no grain of salt needed. Nex Machina is a blast from start to finish... Though I know that @KindaSabbath already has it, so we shall read about his experience soon 1f601.png

Yeah it's a mistery to me how that guide didn't win the "PSNP guide of the year" award 1f602.png

In all honesty though.. If you get to the game and find anything in the guide that can be improved, please let me know! I liked the game a lot, and even though the game was pretty old, it didn't have a guide here.. I needed to change that 1f605.png I hope it did the game justice! 

I'll definitely give you any feedback on Nex if I think anything I find will be useful. I doubt it'll be needed though - I've read through a few of your guides and you're extremely thorough.

Maybe PSNP put it aside for guide of the decade?? ?? - you never know man.

Also - I'm definitely keeping an eye out for all of the Housemarque games. Never heard a bad thing about them. As for the co-op one(s) - if anyone wants to go for 'em, I'm always happy to jump in with others.

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Trackmania does seem to tick all of my boxes. It's definitely one I'm looking to play. I'm not sure which order you played Fusion and Trackmania in, but would you say you enjoyed Trackmaina as much? Maybe I'm still high on Trials - but I can't help feeling that nothing else will ever be quite as fun and rewarding as Fusion/Rising.

I played Trackmania first, then Fusion, then Rising. And... no, not even close. Fusion is one of the games on my list I've enjoyed the most, so that's not a fair comparison. What I will say is that Trackmania was way more frustrating then Trials ever was. 

As a comparison.. The most amount of time I spent with anything in Fusion was 6 hours for Top Roach, yet I enjoyed every single second of it. The longest I needed for anything in TMT was also 6 hours for the piece of shit track that is #178. I was absolutely exhausted when I got it. Literally. It is one of the few games where I wasn't excited to get the plat. I was exhausted instead. 

It is a fantastic game, but while it was super fun most of the time, it also demanded a lot of me. Much more than I had anticipated. I came in with similar racing experience as you, only party racers and such very sporadically. Though I know of people that found the game a piece of cake. I will never understand how that's possible ? But you might be one of those people, who knows. 

I still recommend it. But it would be unfair to deny that I did struggle a lot, especially once I reached the later tracks. It's also fucking long with 200 tracks to go through. It's one of the few games that truly almost broke me ?

P.S. I'm not trying to hype up the game's difficulty. Some people might find this game really easy. I just wasn't one of those people... 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

@Destructor-8 - me and you are adding games far quicker than we could ever keep up with them 1f601.png 

Trackmania does seem to tick all of my boxes. It's definitely one I'm looking to play. I'm not sure which order you played Fusion and Trackmania in, but would you say you enjoyed Trackmaina as much? Maybe I'm still a little high on Trials - but I can't help feeling that nothing else will ever be quite as fun and rewarding as Fusion/Rising.

Not very much 1f602.png - well outside of kart racers. To be honest, maybe nothing outside of kart racers. I did play NFS underground 2 at a friends house a few times, though.

Yeah man, I'm trying to get through my games yet more are just appearing haha. I'll say the same to you about Trackmania since it's a game you'd definitely get through pretty well. It's not the same as Trials in terms of how you'll look back since it can be extremely annoying, however you will notice yourself getting better & better. I found Trackmania most of the time comfortable but it did have some really annoying parts that everyone has on that game but it's a great challenge to go through regardless. It's not going to be as fun as Trials overall since that game is so fun & rewarding to play. I do think it's an easier game in comparison but it probably won't be as rewarding as what @Arcesius says about it is absolutely right.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I played Trackmania first, then Fusion, then Rising. And... no, not even close. Fusion is one of the games on my list I've enjoyed the most, so that's not a fair comparison. What I will say is that Trackmania was way more frustrating then Trials ever was. 

I think I've played the best game out there too soon. ? seriously though, definitely interested to hear what games you would put in the same tier as Trials (enjoyment wise) - that'd probably be a good list for me to look into.

9 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

I found Trackmania most of the time comfortable but it did have some really annoying parts that everyone has on that game but it's a great challenge to go through

16 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I still recommend it. But it would be unfair to deny that I did struggle a lot, especially once I reached the later tracks. It's also fucking long with 200 tracks to go through. It's one of the few games that truly almost broke me 1f605.png

??? - So a game that even @Destructor-8 - a man with multiple world records in the racing genre - found annoying at times. Also a game that nearly broke @Arcesius - fuck dudes. That sounds daunting (weird that it makes me want to play it more though, right?)

@Baker where do you sit with this one mate?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

I think I've played the best game out there too soon. 1f602.png seriously though, definitely interested to hear what games you would put in the same tier as Trials (enjoyment wise) - that'd probably be a good list for me to look into.

1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png - So a game that even @Destructor-8 - a man with multiple world records in the racing genre - found annoying at times. Also a game that nearly broke @Arcesius - fuck dudes. That sounds daunting (weird that it makes me want to play it more though, right?)

@Baker where do you sit with this one mate?

Yeah I think we all pretty much thought the same of it as at first I found it quite a fun challenge, however you get to the part of the game where it really pisses you off a lot. The game starts to get tough in the red series & even more so in the black series however whilst I found most of the red series alright, there were parts that pissed me right off as there's a few unexpectedly annoying tracks you have to get through. It wasn't until halfway through the black series where I lost my shit at times since even though you get better & better, there are parts that are extremely annoying to get through. The good thing is you will get tracks that are unexpectedly easy quite far into the game but I think everyone will at least get some tracks that will get you majorly pissed off lol.

I think the racing game that you & @Arcesius are looking for is CTR as that is very rewarding to play & it's a good challenge as well. I think anyone who has played CTR like a few here have, will all say that is the one you are looking for when it comes to a rewarding game. I would recommend the Dirt Rally 2.0 Flatout experience as that is the ultimate one to go for however I haven't even finished that yet lol. I will be going back to Dirt Rally 2.0 Flatout later this week, so I'll definitely be sharing what that is like.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

@Arcesius @Destructor-8 I booted Trackmania in a burner account just to get the feeling of it. I managed to get gold on the first track but I'm already struggling on the 2nd one ?There doesn't seem to be any tutorial or practice mode to teach you the basics like how to drift properly for example. It might be obvious but since I'm a beginner in the genre, I don't know if you have to hold the brake while turning or if giving little taps is the most efficient way. My few attempts have been unsuccessful so far, the gold ghost always fly away. Anyway I have some serious work to do if I want to tackle this game, I'll be looking for videos on YouTube to learn some tips and tricks ?

Edited by LosAngelesPride
  • Like 2

As someone who's currently in the really shitty part of trackmania, and has also played a shit ton of trials, let me say that at its worst, it's nowhere as fun as trials, and it gets real stupid sometimes.  It's fucking draining later on, with some parts feeling pretty luck based, which in a game like this sucks ass.  I haven't really been enjoying it since blue even, but I'm also not a big racing guy, however much that'd actually help with how different it is.

• Like 2