[POLL] Do you Streetpass? (3DS-users only)

Beyondthegrave07

Steetpassing activity  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you take your 3DS on the go for Streetpass hunting?

• All the time!
    • On special occasions only (PAX, E3, Comic Con, etc.).
    • Seldomly
    • Never.
  2. 2. (Approximately) How many Streetpass tags have you've received total?

• 1-10
    • 11-25
    • 26-50
    • 51-100
    • 100+
    • With Special Miis only
  3. 3. Do you primarly streetpass with people you know?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't streetpass...

Nintendo has been talking about how Streetpass is only popular in Japan and how they are trying to make it popular in the U.S and Canada especially. So I was curious; do my fellow PSNPals streetpass?

IMPORTANT: Please only fill out the poll if you own a 3DS please.

For me, I'm going to be blunt. No, I don't streetpass hunt. Why? because I don't have my 3DS with me at college. :( The only time I've ever even gotten a tag was with special miis! Although, I think I will start streetpass hunting next semester for the first few weeks to see if I get any hits.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I can definitely declare that I'd intentionally carried my 3DSes around in the beginning (past 3DSes); now with my Pikachu XL, it's quite rare that it leaves the house anymore.

Maybe when I'm not so busy?

Either way, this upcoming weekend I have no choice, as they're rigging connection spots to help people street pass from across the country (North America); not sure how this'll work out internationally.

When I first bought my 3DS (these are 2 months before I bought my Vita)... I always use the street pass whenever I go out (go to malls and work, also to boost my walk meter[not sure with the term]). I think as far as I remember in around 20+ tries... I only got 2 for Theatrhythm, 1 for KH: DDD and I think around 5 MIs... never used it's feature since I got my Vita. ^_^

I'm from Australia so not sure if my vote counts.

My 3DS holds 1645 hits with 883 unique people. I travel to the city for classes so I bring my 3DS with me.

Of course your vote counts! I was only using US and Canada as an example. Also, that's crazy how many hits you've had! Maybe I should have the total number of hits higher?  :unsure:

Of course your vote counts! I was only using US and Canada as an example. Also, that's crazy how many hits you've had! Maybe I should have the total number of hits higher?  :unsure:

Well I've had my 3DS since it came out (Zelda 25th Anniversary edition). Sold my old one when it came out.

All the time, mostly with people at work whose identities I'm still not clear on, lol. Everyone else are just random people I pass on the street. Even though, I do tend to run into the same Mii's according to where I am...I suspect they are workers at the movie theaters and grocery stores that I frequent. I'm the only one of my friends that own a 3DS or is in portable gaming at all for that matter.

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

yea, I street pass every time I go out. I usually get 1 or 2 street passes when I go to Walmart.

When I head over to home depot that's when i receive 10+ street passes since the high school is so close by.

So I guess if you want to boost up your mii population schools are good places to be.

Just don't be creeping around if your not attending that school!  :ninja:

• 1 month later...

I bring my 2DS with me wherever I go just to find people with Streetpass.

I live in Chicago and have a hard time finding people :(

Could just be the weather we've been having lately (-20 F today) and I just got it for Christmas.

Hopefully I find more this spring/summer.

Edited by rsoto1125

• 2 weeks later...

I take my 3DS everywhere with me, but even if I go to my nearest city it's very rare I'll tag more than 3 people.

My 3DS won't communicate with the relay points in places like McDonalds either for some reason so that's even less tags.

My mothers' 3DS frequently gets 20+ hits from the relay points in the city though. Really pisses me off sometimes.

Before I moved, I would street pass almost daily with my friends. Then I moved to an area where almost no one has a 3DS, so now I only get maybe one or two a week at best. I even use public transit and barely get passes, it's so sad... I make sure to take it to cons though. I more than make up for it then. I usually get 100+ before I get annoyed checking it every few minutes haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I streetpass a lot. I usually bring my 3DS with me when I go outside just in case I meet someone (and I tend to do about 1/3 or 2/3 of times, when going to the city...) I also bring it to school since several of my classmates also own 3DSes.