Are you willing to spend $10 on 7 trophies?

leonaustin

6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

This game looks like it could be fun. Like split screen Worms in 3D with Cats and Tanks.

Sigh, the images look trophy images looks cute and the idea that this is a worms 3D game is cool. The game looks like it has some good ideas. 

But man this trailer.. The game looks really rough and not worth 8 euros / 10 dollars in this state imo. Better of buying the OG worms games. 

4 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Then why not make a decent trophy list? If you're going to make a 5 minute list, why would you not take advantage of potentially a few hundred extra sales for people that just want the easy plat?

Seems like an odd hill to die on, but what do I know. Maybe they are planning lots of DLC down the road.

They simply don't know how the trophy process currently works. They don't know that any developer is free to classify their game as a "large scale" game, regardless of how small it actually is, nor do they realize doing so will result in a few more sales.

5 hours ago, czDante92 said:

if you want something cat related, I can recommend Cat Quest :D fun game and easy plat

then cat quest 2 - which improved several aspects of the first game - both are often on sale ?

On topic: by the trailer this game is absolutely terrible, 10 bucks is really expensive for something of this quality, 1 buck would be fair and maybe to play with your little brother a bit.

43 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

They simply don't know how the trophy process currently works. They don't know that any developer is free to classify their game as a "large scale" game, regardless of how small it actually is, nor do they realize doing so will result in a few more sales.

They have another game with a platinum. And it has about 20 owners with a less than 60% platinum rate. Adding a platinum doesn’t automatically guarantee any more sales. 

11 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

They have another game with a platinum. And it has about 20 owners with a less than 60% platinum rate. Adding a platinum doesn’t automatically guarantee any more sales. 

I would have thought this to be obvious, but people need to know a game exists before they buy it. Doesn't matter what the price is, what it contains, who made it, etc if you don't know it's available.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

I would have thought this to be obvious, but people need to know a game exists before they buy it. Doesn't matter what the price is, what it contains, who made it, etc if you don't know it's available.

With all the claims that adding a platinum will result in more sales, I didn’t think anything else mattered. I guess it’s not such a direct correlation as people claim then. 

49 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

With all the claims that adding a platinum will result in more sales, I didn’t think anything else mattered. I guess it’s not such a direct correlation as people claim then. 

You're honestly telling me, that if this game had a plat, was maybe $5, and took 5 minutes to complete, that you don't think this game would have a thousand owners?

I mean the ZJ ball game is over a thousand and has been out 2 days. More people have posted in this thread than have purchased Racing Bros. Clearly there is a market for garbage, but it has to be priced right and have a plat. Garbage without a plat isn't going to sell.

But perhaps, as you say, the devs don't care, and are quite happy with a few dozen sales. I stand by my original point, and regardless of what your opinion is about garbage plat games, they most certainly do have an audience, and I guarantee you this game would already have a bitching thread about how it devalued the leaderboards if it had dropped with a plat.

• Like 2

Well, I'll let everyone know since I did end up buying the game to out of curiosity.

100% takes about 8-10 minutes if you know what you're doing, it's simply spawning in a lobby, and driving to a level 6x.

The legendary trophy I personally thought was referring to the Campaign (which level 1 is impossible to beat). Where you're actually meant to just join a turn based level, and kill one of the tanks you created, simple enough as you control both tanks.

Controls and overall mechanics are very clunky, every interface and level loading screen is a freezing mess (at least on the OG ps4 as I don't own a pro).

I'd say this game is only worth it for those people who are running out of titles to play, and are at the point where 'every trophy earned counts'. And maybe for people who want their names permanently on the front page of the leaderboards/first achievers and what not.

Gameplay-wise, it reminds me of an old computer game called Pocket tanks, but in 3d.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

Does it seem like they were going for a Hogs of War vibe?

Dunno if anyone even remembers that game on PS1, but if this game has a campaign and gameplay anything like that i'd be up for it, just mebbe only when it goes on sale.

That’s exactly what I thought! Seems it’s not very well remembered these days. Shame.

• 8 months later...

i tend to skip over non plat games if they're above a certain price. usually lower priority but i do buy some sometimes.

typically skip the ones over 5$ unless the gameplay is really good.

• Like 2

Considering a lot of us regularly buy dlc for 10$ that sometimes has only 2-5 trophies most of us would be hypocrites for saying we wont. The real question is whether wed pay 10$ for this game as i bought the crocs world games(albiet on sale for a dollar)despite them only having 4 or so trophies its more dowb to interest in the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ill spend 10 dollars on one real trophy cat in my eyes, my pet. He can have any toy he wants from the pet store. 

as for the game.. if people want to spend money on games like this or those bowling story ones, let them. It isnt your money, so what does it matter how someone else spends theirs?

• 1 year later...