Ghost at the Feast trophy help

SublimeHawk

I’m trying to do the Ghost at the Feast trophy. I’m using the method from PowerPyx’s trophy guide. After I link Wenjie and Egor together with the regular enemies using Nexus, and shoot the regular enemy in the head, the headshot kills all the regular enemies but not Wenjie and Egor. Then they run away and I can’t kill them without getting spotted, which voids the trophy. I’m using a silenced SMG. I have no idea why it’s killing all the eternalists but not the 2 visionaries. Trophy is driving me insane lol.

• Like 1

The damage to the “normal” guy needs to be enough to kill the Visionary, I believe. So you might need to use a stronger gun. I just used a Rapier with explosive rounds and immediately ducked behind the roof while turning on invisibility, worked easily enough.

Also a good tip: set the invasion mode to Friends Only — Julianna kept invading me and messing this up when I had it on single-player mode, but switching to FO kept her from ruining my run. 

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

I would recommond equipping the trinket that allows the gun to keep its damage from a distance. it may be that the bullet is weaker at the distance you are shooting from.

Also, I found a better way to kill Aleksi rather than waiting for him to be grinder food. I immediatley went to the rooftop and killed everyone with the Nexus link. Then ran to the Grinder room and linked everyone in the room from the balcony. Killed everyone inluding Aleksi immediatley. Ran off. Didn't even give the game enough time to summon in Julianna.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2021 at 0:19 AM, Greyendar said:

I would recommond equipping the trinket that allows the gun to keep its damage from a distance. it may be that the bullet is weaker at the distance you are shooting from.

Also, I found a better way to kill Aleksi rather than waiting for him to be grinder food. I immediatley went to the rooftop and killed everyone with the Nexus link. Then ran to the Grinder room and linked everyone in the room from the balcony. Killed everyone inluding Aleksi immediatley. Ran off. Didn't even give the game enough time to summon in Julianna.

I'm going to try this. Can get to the roof in 1.5 - 2 mins, which makes re-tries less of a pain and will be a lot less frustrating if I don't have to take out Aleksis by meat grinder each time, or at least, can do that AFTER killing Egor/Wenjie. Its those two who are tricky. I don't have a silenced weapon but it shouldn't matter if I'm quick. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

Quick way I found to do this was:

I killed Aleksis first, then back onto the roof, went to the right of it, so imagine all the dancers and Visionaries are now on your left and I quickly 'Blinked' to the opposite rooftop and from there, tagged Egor and Wenjie and then dropped the pair of them. Pretty straight forward if this makes sense.

From there just 'Blink/Shift' to the right hand side of the map, all the way back to the tunnels. You can do this without triggering Julianna if you get through quick enough.

On 9/21/2021 at 5:27 AM, JD-D2 said:

The damage to the “normal” guy needs to be enough to kill the Visionary, I believe. So you might need to use a stronger gun. I just used a Rapier with explosive rounds and immediately ducked behind the roof while turning on invisibility, worked easily enough.

Also a good tip: set the invasion mode to Friends Only — Julianna kept invading me and messing this up when I had it on single-player mode, but switching to FO kept her from ruining my run. 

Mate thanks for the tip about changing the mode to friends only. Made doing some of the trophies so much easier!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ph0nix123 said:

Mate thanks for the tip about changing the mode to friends only. Made doing some of the trophies so much easier!!

UPDATE: Even with Julianna on the hunt, I still got the trophy. So long as you are undetected, you can take your sweet time getting to the scanner. She'll only really chase you if you've alerted enemies. 

I knew about this tip, but annoyingly didn't do it because I was farming slabs hoping she'd drop Karnesis (Aleksis is my least favourite visionary to kill for slabs). Didn't turn it off before trying this trophy and I don't want to have to reset. Haven't been able to try for 2 days due to out of work commitments, so hopefully this time it'll work. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So today I tried for this and the damage transmitted with Nexus seems inconsistent. Whenever Wenje and Egor a both present at the rooftop it would not kill them, regardless of weapon used. But when Egor leaves for the balcony, Nexus WILL work to kill them separately, even with the LIMP-10

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 7:26 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

UPDATE: Even with Julianna on the hunt, I still got the trophy. So long as you are undetected, you can take your sweet time getting to the scanner. She'll only really chase you if you've alerted enemies. 

I knew about this tip, but annoyingly didn't do it because I was farming slabs hoping she'd drop Karnesis (Aleksis is my least favourite visionary to kill for slabs). Didn't turn it off before trying this trophy and I don't want to have to reset. Haven't been able to try for 2 days due to out of work commitments, so hopefully this time it'll work. 

I got this while being hunted as well. Julianna will only pop in at certain spawn points, and knowing where those are in relation to where you are when you get the message is a big help. I knew she would appear on top of the mansion while I was in the street below. As soon as I got the message, I triggered Aether with the Ghost and Flicker upgrades, and stood still. She poked her head out on the roof and I got her with one shot from the gold sniper rifle. I also used that on Wenjie and Egor, but for some reason it took a couple of shots each (even with headshots linked via Nexus). I just kept Aether on as I attacked and I never got spotted. Had to run and hide a couple of times, and endure endless repetition of "Ugh... Better not be Colt" until things settled down.

Most people have already covered the important aspects, however, there is something else I want to add, based on PowerPyx's guide. A poster above has also already mentioned it.

When travelling to and from the exit, go down the LEFT-hand side of the map, not the right. You can blink across all of the gaps, and when you get to the actual castle-like structure you can travel through an opening by the scaffolding and get to the roof. There are no enemies this way, and you also don't need to worry about balancing along the top of the billboards, where it is easy to be spotted by the enemies at the top of the tower.

I would also suggest killing Egor and Wenjie first since it's easier for the two to get wrong. I found that the silenced SMG's not to be strong enough to kill everyone, so instead I used the silenced tribunal, with the perks that made the damage more consistent over longer distances. The Magnum will kill everyone as well, but it seemed to fail the criteria of not being discovered, even though it killed everyone, at least in my experience.

Also, if you are going for this trophy from a clean loop, I would suggest trying to kill Julianna in an earlier time period. You can still complete the trophy without doing so, but she will likely spawn while you are waiting for Aleksi, and it just adds an extra layer of complication. Not only do you need to avoid her detection, but you also need to unlock the tunnels.

• 2 weeks later...

Both the left and right sides are equally doable with the right approach, so go with what you prefer on that front. The real challenge is Juliana and how/when she spawns while you are trying to do this.

You can drastically reduce the chances of/prevent Juliana from messing it up with an invasion by switching your in-game online status to 'friends only'.

I had tonnes of problems with her invading every single time I tried this trophy. But switching it to friends only completely removed her from the equation and I was able to do it without having to worry about her appearing. This also worked really well for me with Quantum Solution because Juliana kept popping in right as I was about to start my kill run.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I’d add that I didn’t use a silenced weapon to kill Wenjie and Egor on rooftops as didn’t have one and nail gun was inconsistent as to whether it would kill them all with nexus. So I just used the special gun which transforms into a duel wield, no silencer. Didn’t alert anyone, Julianna didn’t spawn, straight back to exit. I was just sure nexus was connected to all people on rooftop and shot the nearest one to me in the head when they were all linked.

• 4 weeks later...

Left side of the map when you spawn with the dash ability. Rapier shotgun via nexus to kill the 2 visionaries on the roof. Kill the other dude telling jokes. Sneak back the way you came. This was my last trophy for the Platinum and thought it would be more annoying than it ended up being. Took about 4 tries though.

• 1 year later...