Trophies to Fight Cancer (Event)

Custom Badge Designs Questionnaire!  

335 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pink character would you like on your badge?

• Shionne (Tales of Arise)
    • Rin (Catherine)
    • Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    • Fetch (Infamous)
    • Poison (Street Fighter V)
  2. 2. Which Orange character would you like on your badge?

• Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
    • Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
    • Kazuha (Genshin Impact)
    • May (Guilty Gear)
    • Yosuke (Persona 4/Dancing All Night/Arena)

This poll is closed to new votes

I have completed my 1st orange game and second overall game for this event.

L2b492f.png

pVOhIfQ.png

Right now, I'm going to look for a feel good AAA game. That took a lot out of me mentally and psychologically to plat. It was, in a word...an "agony" to finish and an agonizing experience. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WDB_Chaotic said:

@Beyondthegrave07 Is it too late to sign up for this, because if not id like to join :)

Not too late. This is meant to be an open event until the end of November. Just make sure you report back your games.

Also, I'll go ahead and add my third game that I completed (2nd Orange).

L0ef248.png

Edited by Starrk_01
  • Like 1

Well, I am certainly going to pop a lot of platinums in the coming months once I get Final Fantasy XIV as my 200th, so I might hit a few with orange and pink in their thumbnails, but I have two long terms I can work on while grinding out those damn collectibles in Idyllshire. xD

L76860a.png
(This is the icon for Dragon Quest XI S, not the original XI)

Pink: The dragon in the background

Orange: Bottom of the XI and borders of the "Dragon Quest" words

L816c10.png

From one of your examples: Pink is the cloudburst and orange in the "5".

I'll check all of the future games I will platinum(I intend to do a 24 hour marathon of the easy ones so I will pop like 37 platinums in 24 hours) and see if any qualify for pink or orange duty. If they do, you might be breaking your bank, but hey I am a big fan of Games Done Quick's charity marathons so I enjoy doing things for a good cause. ;)

Games Done Quick: "He's donating for cancer! AWESOME!" ^_^

Also, I did the poll and decided on Amy Rose for Pink and Kuzuha for Orange because none of the characters spoke much to me. I almost chose Fetch because I had platinumed Second Son on older accounts and know about her, but I didn't really like the Infamous series much and Second Son was painful to play through for me because it was so dark. :(

Edited by winter_bird_22
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kessarath said:

Hello everyone.
I am pleased to take part in this unique event.

My two games are: ORANGE (Tearaway Unfolded) / PINK (Catherine Full Body)

La05aab.png Lf1017c.png

AND... third...

Night in the Woods if the color of the leaves counts as orange?

Ld6cee1.png

Sorry, Grave and I talked and Night in the Woods looks brown to both of us.

• Like 1

I'm hoping this game counts for my first game as an orange! It'd be nice to give Cancer a nasty big cat scratch from this game.

Legend of Kay Anniversary (PS3)

Lf9ac0f.png

Also for future reference I'd like to know if either or both of these two can be considered orange before I start either of them?

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

L3af927.png

I think at least Ron's hair should count for Orange.... ?

and

Mars: War Logs

Lb2319e.png

It looks more orange on the game page on the site, so I'm a little unsure on this one. Pasting it in here - it looks more of a red-ish colour.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I'm hoping this game counts for my first game as an orange! It'd be nice to give Cancer a nasty big cat scratch from this game.

Legend of Kay Anniversary (PS3)

Lf9ac0f.png

Also for future reference I'd like to know if either or both of these two can be considered orange before I start either of them?

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

L3af927.png

I think at least Ron's hair should count for Orange.... 1f606.png

and

Mars: War Logs

Lb2319e.png

It looks more orange on the game page on the site, so I'm a little unsure on this one. Pasting it in here - it looks more of a red-ish colour.

All three games can count as orange.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starrk_01 said:

All three games can count as orange.

Thanks for the clarification - that's great to know!

I completed Legend of Kay two days ago - so that should be my first completion for the event.

Legend of Kay: Anniversary

So you can find the specific time I got the platinum in the above link if you need to.

Whilst I'm asking probably silly questions - What's the policy on games that are 100%'s but part of a series - so I know  Sam and Max have parts of their thumbnails that have pinks (I think) and oranges in them, so do I count Episodes 1 through 5 as one completion, or do I count them all as their own separate completions? If I was to do those for example.  I've always wanted to play those, so playing them alongside hoofing cancer in the unmentionables would be a lovely bonus.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

Thanks for the clarification - that's great to know!

I completed Legend of Kay two days ago - so that should be my first completion for the event.

Legend of Kay: Anniversary

So you can find the specific time I got the platinum in the above link if you need to.

Whilst I'm asking probably silly questions - What's the policy on games that are 100%'s but part of a series - so I know  Sam and Max have parts of their thumbnails that have pinks (I think) and oranges in them, so do I count Episodes 1 through 5 as one completion, or do I count them all as their own separate completions? If I was to do those for example.  I've always wanted to play those, so playing them alongside hoofing cancer in the unmentionables would be a lovely bonus.

That is a really good point and I don't think @Beyondthegrave07 thought of that when thinking of this event. I talked to him and we will say we will count them as separate completions for now since they technically have different thumbnails. You can look at my profile and see I know what types of games you are talking about ?.

If this does get abused though we will restrict it to one per series, even if some of the episode thumbnails don't have pink or orange. For example, Back to the Future has orange for 4/5 of the episodes on the PS3. As of right now we will count count that as 4, but if this gets abused we will still count the series as one orange, even though Episode 5 didn't have neither pink or orange.

Of course still the other rules apply for each individual game.

Edited by Starrk_01
  • Like 2

Update # 2 - Completed Two Pink Games

@Beyondthegrave07 & @Starrk_01

L937613.png

Hatoful Boyfriend (PS4) | Current Progress: 100%

L734eab.png

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star (PS4) | Current Progress: 100%

There's really not much to say on either of these. I personally felt that beyond the bird gimmick, both of these Visual Novels, were pretty cliche / stereotypical, with the exception of the BBL / True Ending route of Hatoful Boyfriend. That route took me by surprise and made reading through everything worth it, especially when the reason behind the presence of more sentient birds hit eerily close to home (unintentionally, I know) due what we're dealing with due to the pandemic. If you do decide to read these, you do have to read them in order (Hatoful Boyfriend and then Holiday Star) in order to avoid spoilers for yourself. 

Games Already Counted for this Event:

Spoiler

Orange:

01. Zuma (PS3) (✅)

02. Little Misfortune (PS4) (✅)

Another 3 games from me. 

For Orange, Deus Ex Mankind Divided 

L286cd2.png

Also for orange, Knight's Retreat

L3c5e2a.png

And for pink, Spiral Splatter 

Laac5ee.png

Quick question about rarity, which number matters? Take Suicide Guy Sleepin Deeply EU as an example, it has 84.22% avarage completion, but the platinum is at 79.57% currently. Would it count? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Another 3 games from me. 

For Orange, Deus Ex Mankind Divided 

L286cd2.png

Also for orange, Knight's Retreat

L3c5e2a.png

And for pink, Spiral Splatter 

Laac5ee.png

Quick question about rarity, which number matters? Take Suicide Guy Sleepin Deeply EU as an example, it has 84.22% avarage completion, but the platinum is at 79.57% currently. Would it count? 

Yes it would count as we are looking at platinum %. We don't care about the completion percentage. As long as the platinum % is less than 80% when we check it then it counts for that requirement.

While I'm here, most likely my final game of the event unless if I get through Persona 5 and another game after that, my 3rd orange game, an Advance Wars copy-cat, War Theatre: Blood of Winter.

L67b779.png

• Like 1

First ever forum post! But I felt like this was a good cause and wanted to try my hand at actually participating. This game might be pushing it a wee bit, but it's the first one I completed since the event started. I see some pink, in one of the windows, but please let me know if it's not enough :)

L6eddce.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, VonHypnos said:

First ever forum post! But I felt like this was a good cause and wanted to try my hand at actually participating. This game might be pushing it a wee bit, but it's the first one I completed since the event started. I see some pink, in one of the windows, but please let me know if it's not enough :)

L6eddce.png

First of all, welcome to the forums :D !

Yeah I can see the pink in the windows. This will count.

Edited by Starrk_01
  • Like 1