Whats your favorite UR Platinum game?

Misshandlad

Hello !

I almost enjoyed all my UR platinums, but I have some big favorites :

- Velocity 2X : so fun and addictive gameplay, coupled with amazing musics

- Murasama rebirth : amazing musics, art and gameplay, super fun DLCs

- Toukiden kiwami : despite being  grindy, I really enjoyed mastering the game and changing my fighting style ! The no armor/compagnons trophies were the most enjoyable in the game

Edited by Leviatanh_
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, Misshandlad said:

I'm looking for something fun to work on over a long time, doesn't matter if the game is just grindy or hard to make you age 10 years while doing it, but I do want it to be a semi decent game atleast. I know this is a subject of oppinion but thats why I'm asking here to get some inspiration to actually research through a list of games.

Alright, then my favorite UR plat (resp. my favorite 100% completion, the DLCs are amazing) could be something for you: 

L1f9cb7.png

Warhammer: Vermintide 2

This is a 4-player coop game set in the Warhammer Fantasy World. The setting doesn't matter much, you can not know anything about Warhammer and still have a blast with the game, the only thing you might be missing out on are some references to known characters, time periods etc... 

The best thing about this game is how amazing the skill-based combat is. In contrast to other FPS games, while there are ranged options (and characters relying on ranged combat), most of the combat will be using melee weapons, which feels incredible from a first person view (especially because it is just incredibly well implemented).

If you want to 100% this you'll first need to get good enough at the game to play on Legend difficulty and, the most time consuming task, complete 80 ranked weaves, i.e., time-limited challenges with specific modifyers. 

In case anyone is interested, I leave here the link to my review of the game. I played the game entirely in a dedicated party of 4, and having no prior experience with the franchise, it took us ~200h to grab the 100% in this amazing game. 

P.S. Shout-out to Trials Fusion as my favorite non-platinum UR game. 

• Like 3

I know it's not for everyone but I love the series so much I feel I need to recommend Sniper Elite 4. First I can't believe it's Ultra Rare, and second did I mention how much I love the series? The first 3 games got Better and better but number 4 is a masterpiece imo. I just find the series so entertaining I'm going to buy it for the XBSX next I think. Anyway, This may not be a game for you but if it is you want the multiplayer titles first. There is 5 DLC packs that I haven't completed yet if you're %100

I'm a little surprised nobody mentioned Hammerwatch... Then again I'm one of only 16 achievers.

Lords Of The Fallen was also a very enjoyable experience, even going as far as doing all three playthroughs on the same character!

Odd how high the completion rate of the Dark Souls series is compared to this underrated game. Sure the story is far more present and may not make much sense at first, but the gameplay and mechanics certainly has the Souls vibes!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Like the ones that we ourselves have? I only have two Ultra Rare Platinum's. Brawlhalla and Rayman. So.... I would honestly say Rayman if thought it was a serious pain 

Doesnt have to be a game you earned yourself, might be something you are working towards.

Also thanks for all the great suggestions. Alot of games I have never even heard of so I have started a Youtube grind to watch alot of the suggested games I have no clue about.

• Like 1

Max Payne 3. I got the platinum a year or two before the announcement of the shutdown, so I did not have to rush it. NYMHC was the hardest part of the game as it required near perfect knowledge of the spawns and quirks of the game, but I had a blast doing it. I was so accustomed to the game that (and I am not joking) I knew all the enemy spawns and could headshot the enemies with hip fire from afar. I once finished a section while talking with a friend without looking at the screen (that was the moment I realised I had played the game too much).

• Like 1