This is what Marvels Avengers should've been like! (NO SPOILERS)

Still on the first "Level" and I completely agree, I never got the hate for it (probably cause I knew Avengers was Trash and I skipped it entirely) but the moment I read "like Mass Effect" in an article I was sold ?

Don't know if it'll be in my top games of the year (it might though) but sleeper hit might work cause it seems like a lot of people are choosing to skip it ?‍♂️ sucks to be them I guess haha

• Like 1

This just shows that it's always best to wait till more is revealed before judging or jumping to conclusions. Still remember the overly negative reactions when it was first shown off and everyone was calling it the next avengers despite knowing next to nothing about it. Couple months later now it seems to be getting mostly positive reception. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

10 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

This just shows that it's always best to wait till more is revealed before judging or jumping to conclusions. Still remember the overly negative reactions when it was first shown off and everyone was calling it the next avengers despite knowing next to nothing about it. Couple months later now it seems to be getting mostly positive reception. 

True but to be fair, they had good reason to aswell, but like the saying goes never judge a book by its cover, but theres the internet now and people judge cause they can, but considering there first Marvel game was a huge dissappointment it was a fair assessment to either wait or not get hyped. but i agree with were your coming from.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Still on the first "Level" and I completely agree, I never got the hate for it (probably cause I knew Avengers was Trash and I skipped it entirely) but the moment I read "like Mass Effect" in an article I was sold 1f602.png

Don't know if it'll be in my top games of the year (it might though) but sleeper hit might work cause it seems like a lot of people are choosing to skip it ?‍♂️ sucks to be them I guess haha

Well the PSNP Year End Awards are coming in a month and Sleeper Hit is one of the categories ?

• Like 2

The voice acting is very rough in some spots.. same with the vocal audio. 

Environments get really cool though as you play. Very impressive in some cases. 

Not sure I'm a huge fan of the flashbacks to when he was a kid. It was cool seeing the 80s-era house (When they let you roam it), but his mom to me is super annoying and unneeded.

I'd still mark it as a 7/10, so far (On Chapter 5 currently. I'm taking my time with it because I'm guessing I'll finish it this week at some point.), which is still a very good score.

I agree. But towards the end of the game couple of areas I wanted to break my controller. Some of the sliding areas, the part where you have to crash land, and the stupid fog area!!!  It became a chore to play later in the game. Not enough combat and areas that just dragged on with dialogue. No skip cut scenes and can only fast forward in some areas. I'm glad I got the platinum.  

10 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

So far, rubbish experience with this game. Full of bugs and glitches. Another over priced and unfinished game 

Every bug outside of a collectable bug that you have to do a specific action to trigger and an easily fixable trophy bug have been minor at best for me. 

Checkpoint reload has fixed all of them but those two.  I have no doubts they'll patch those either. 

The game is easily an 8/10 and the only game this year, that wasn't a remaster or remake, that I couldn't put down until I finished.  It's currently umong my GOTY contenders.  I'd pay full price again if I had the choice.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Every bug outside of a collectable bug that you have to do a specific action to trigger and an easily fixable trophy bug have been minor at best for me. 

Checkpoint reload has fixed all of them but those two.  I have no doubts they'll patch those either. 

The game is easily an 8/10 and the only game this year, that wasn't a remaster or remake, that I couldn't put down until I finished.  It's currently umong my GOTY contenders.  I'd pay full price again if I had the choice.  

That’s shameful. I’ve had nothing but bugs and the screen keeps jumping. It’s like I’m playing online with bad connection sometimes. 
With none of these issues yeah I think it’s a good game. But like most games they are spoiled.

Is it too much to ask for a finished game? 
And prices of games is ridiculous, I rarely pay full price. I nearly always pay under £30.. ghost of Tsushima I bought £69 because I had no issues with the PS4 version and I loved the game. I’d support sucker punch in the future. But Ubisoft, EA, Square enix to name a few are disgraceful. It makes me mad about the gaming community, yet myself and others still play their games even if they were bought cheap…

sorry mini rant over ? 

On 02/11/2021 at 6:16 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

The voice acting is very rough in some spots.. same with the vocal audio. 

Environments get really cool though as you play. Very impressive in some cases. 

Not sure I'm a huge fan of the flashbacks to when he was a kid. It was cool seeing the 80s-era house (When they let you roam it), but his mom to me is super annoying and unneeded.

I'd still mark it as a 7/10, so far (On Chapter 5 currently. I'm taking my time with it because I'm guessing I'll finish it this week at some point.), which is still a very good score.

I can’t get past how Rocket sounds like Plankton lol. I love how Drax sounds, I think they nailed him. The dialogue between characters is pretty refreshing (without the bugs) it’s made me laugh a few times not gonna lie. But I’ve had a couple moments where I’ve not explored a dead end or I’m not moving and the other character is making some quirky remark about something I’ve not even done. Kinda takes away the moment from when you do explore an extra area.. 

Edited by FocusDR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FocusDR said:

That’s shameful. I’ve had nothing but bugs and the screen keeps jumping. It’s like I’m playing online with bad connection sometimes. 
With none of these issues yeah I think it’s a good game. But like most games they are spoiled.

And prices of games is ridiculous, I rarely pay full price. I nearly always pay under £30.. ghost of Tsushima I bought £69 because I had no issues with the PS4 version and I loved the game. I’d support sucker punch in the future. But Ubisoft, EA, Square enix to name a few are disgraceful. It makes me mad about the gaming community, yet myself and others still play their games even if they were bought cheap…

sorry mini rant over ? 

I can’t get past how Rocket sounds like Plankton lol. I love how Drax sounds, I think they nailed him. The dialogue between characters is pretty refreshing (without the bugs) it’s made me laugh a few times not gonna lie. But I’ve had a couple moments where I’ve not explored a dead end or I’m not moving and the other character is making some quirky remark about something I’ve not even done. Kinda takes away the moment from when you do explore an extra area.. 

Are you on PS4 or PS5?  I think PS4 is a little worse, but from what I've been seeing it's not usually too bad.  I'm on PS5 but plan on eventually platinuming the PS4 version down the road. 

I'm confident they'll be patching up a lot of the issues fairly quickly though, they were pretty good about that in the Deus Ex games.  At lease it isn't a Cyberpunk situation though.  It could be WAYYYY worse.  I had more issues with Avengers as well iirc.

First party Sony games 90% of the time are given plenty of time for polish before release.  I agree the publishers you listed tend to leave polising to the players and it's a terrible practice. 

Edited by Snake2410

20 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Are you on PS4 or PS5?  I think PS4 is a little worse, but from what I've been seeing it's not usually too bad.  I'm on PS5 but plan on eventually platinuming the PS4 version down the road. 

I'm confident they'll be patching up a lot of the issues fairly quickly though, they were pretty good about that in the Deus Ex games.  At lease it isn't a Cyberpunk situation though.  It could be WAYYYY worse.  I had more issues with Avengers as well iirc.

First party Sony games 90% of the time are given plenty of time for polish before release.  I agree the publishers you listed tend to leave polising to the players and it's a terrible practice. 

Yeah PS5, and I plan to platinum it on PS4 in a couple months. I will play again tomorrow but if it winds me up again I’m done with it. 
very true, it could be much worse! I gave up on cyberpunk, what a flop that was.

Edited by FocusDR

4 hours ago, FocusDR said:

sorry mini rant over ? 

Yeah it’s very hit and miss. I do like Drax though. I’ve laughed a few times as well.

Am I the only one who hates the mom character in the flashbacks? I find her annoying and she looks like she could be his sister.

It’s very odd. Oh well, I’m slowly working my way through it. Making it easier to digest the constant Rocket banter too lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 11:36 PM, Rothwilder said:

Not sure how you can compare this to Avengers.  Agreed the multilayer has many issues. But the campaign on Avengers was a great story as well

thank you 

everyone bashes avengers, I think most of them didn’t play it.  I liked the story, it was good to passable.  

if you want to rip on post campaign grinding, go for it.  But the story was just fine 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the story in Avengers. The end game grind cops a lot of hate (among other terrible decisions Crystal Dynamics made) but I haven't seen many complaints about the story itself.

I'm not sure an Avengers game where you play as one character like you do in Guardians would've turned out so well either.

Good to see this game is doing well though. Will pick it up soon.

• 1 month later...

I got the platinum for both games. I’d say avengers has the much superior gameplay, but guardians is written and voice acted perfectly.

without doubt one of the most boring trophies I’ve ever tried to obtain (and I really do mean ever) was the 50 hive trophy in avengers, and it really affected how I felt about the game....I literally could not wait to finish that game, at the time I remember feeling like I was going to work at the worst job I ever had whenever I booted up to enter ANOTHER hive. But up until that trophy I was enjoying how it played and doing so with other people.

obviously guardians I’ve finshed much more recently due to avengers being a year or so old now, but I got to say, unlike others on here I found before release I was actually looking forward to guardians and didn’t have any real expectation that it would be bad. but I did end up feeling way let down by the really basic and linear gameplay. It was dull. I’d go as far to say that by the last few chapters I was bored of playing this. The characters chatting with each other and the writing for those scenes are engaging, maybe some of the better written scenes I’ve seen in games this year, and it definitely saves it from being a terrible game....but there is no getting away from however pretty the fighting looks, the actual gameplay for this is way too basic to keep interest into the 2nd half of the game.

and whilst I agree with another post here that it was nice to see the characters not having to be exact replicas of the actors who played them in the movies, did anyone else get really distracted by the fact that starlord looks exactly like England left back Luke shaw??

• Like 1