Does This Game Require A Microphone?

DarthPunisher

On 31/10/2021 at 0:09 PM, DarthPunisher said:

I’m interested in trying this game, it looks fun!  But from the couple of reviews I’ve watched or read, it seems like you might need a microphone to play it and I don’t have one.  Is that going to make it impossible for me to play it?

You kind of need a mic for the concept of the game to work

I mean, you technically don’t need one to play but I highly recommend it since it will take away from the fun of the game if nobody talks and not having one makes it very hard to actually play and progress.

Edited by shxrpay
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Forunth said:

Definitely got cured from any will to play mic based online games :D

Yeah, I kinda experienced that when I was playing, not as badly due to a lack of misogyny and racism, but enough to understand.  

What I assume was 5 friends who were playing together in what I think was French. On the first vote, the were all discussing, I didn't understand and they all voted for me within one second of each other, I then said that they were all mistaken (I was innocent and had been the only one to hand in the keycards,) then one of them just said in a shouted in English "OH MY GOD SHUT THE F*** UP YOU F***ING LOSER!"

So yeah... play with friends...

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 6:39 PM, Forunth said:

Lol, I tried playing it, I was shy, because english is not my native language, I can write without a problem, but I am insecure about my pronounciation and strong eastern european accent. Got like two matches, one some kid was making fun of me because I was apparently "talking from some forgotten shithole" and the other match some dude started being all disgusting the moment he heard my voice "oh, how old are you guurrrl? Are you blonde or brunette?" 

Bruh, I am trying to play a game, not get bullied or try to find new boyfriend. Definitely got cured from any will to play mic based online games :D

I'm so sorry that happened! A big part of the community is sadly really toxic, and even if I don't use to have a mic, I've been harrased too (for using LGBTQ+ related things/names mainly). Most big games are a really toxic place for women and the worst part is that the rest of the teammates won't do anything about it, even if it's a friend of them that is harrasing people.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, Forunth said:

Lol, I tried playing it, I was shy, because english is not my native language, I can write without a problem, but I am insecure about my pronounciation and strong eastern european accent. Got like two matches, one some kid was making fun of me because I was apparently "talking from some forgotten shithole" and the other match some dude started being all disgusting the moment he heard my voice "oh, how old are you guurrrl? Are you blonde or brunette?" 

Bruh, I am trying to play a game, not get bullied or try to find new boyfriend. Definitely got cured from any will to play mic based online games :D

Sorry that you had such a rough experience. I'm sure that made you feel much worse about your accent, but please don't let that prevent you from talking more. Every game has their share of assholes and pervs, but I'm sure if you stick through it, you'll find better people to play with! You should be proud of your English skills, not made fun of because they're not perfect. I couldn't imagine trying to have a conversation in another language, other than my own. 

Do consider this: You write in better English than most native speakers. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I had pretty much the same experience playing with randoms. Telling everyone to shut up, swearing at people, or screaming into the microphone, or just not playing the game properly.

Basically you've just got to find someone or a small group of people who wants to play the game properly with a mic, and then add them as a friend in the game afterwards, and then create a party with them and just play like that.

Then block and/or report the people that were being toxic, swearing and being rude.

https://www.firstclasstrouble.com/code-of-conduct

Every single ps5 has a mic built in. There's zero reason not to communicate. You don't have to do a play by play or ask people what the weather's like, but if you know something important don't be scared to say a few words if it makes the game easier /better /faster. 

Knowing something and not telling anybody is just wasting your own time. 

On 7.11.2021 at 5:27 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Sorry that you had such a rough experience. I'm sure that made you feel much worse about your accent, but please don't let that prevent you from talking more. Every game has their share of assholes and pervs, but I'm sure if you stick through it, you'll find better people to play with! You should be proud of your English skills, not made fun of because they're not perfect. I couldn't imagine trying to have a conversation in another language, other than my own. 

Do consider this: You write in better English than most native speakers. 

Thanks, I guess multiplayer games are just toxic from the start, reading peoples experiences here in the comments :) no matter their country of origin, race or gender. It's just when you are not strongly confident in your skills and someone points that out it's hard to push through and not just clam up and leave any multiplayer games behind. Thanks for the kinds words tho! 

• Like 1

I would say this game require a lot of communication. You can choose between voice and texting but in-game voice is the best to play the game. 

in-game voice chat lets Personoid to talk to each other and plan their move, for resident you'll hear voice based on distance which is the best real experience and fair to Personoid to do aggressive move in dark corner. 

Best way to play the game is to play with your 5 friends with voice chat. Even we cannot use in-game voice because one of my friend having problem and need to use PSN party chat but we choose to mute after dead or getting killed and still Personoid still able to plan team move perfectly which at this point you’ll start to enjoy the game.

• Like 1