Hardmode is total BS.

caasuaI_

I don't get it... why does people think this is a hard plat? I made 100 % in a couple of days after getting it for free with PS+. Compare the "hardmode" with veteran or realistic in the hardest Call of Duty games. Then I mean like World at War or the Black Ops series... especially the VITA version. These are examples of real "hardmode".

15 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I don't get why people still can't comprehend the fact that other gamers have different levels of skill sets other than their own. Maybe to some people this IS a hard Plat. Not all gamers are the same. Different genre's require different skills, what one finds easy may be hard to plenty of others.

I guess you're right. But I'm not a good player all around. I playing more or less all day several days a week and for 3 years. I don't to go to a job and I have no school. I have no obligations except kids and a pretty understanding wife. I got 17 platinums ONLY so far... and this one was one of a few that I actually felt was really easy. I would say 17 platinums is pretty bad for playing several hours a day for a few years. I know a guy that have about 120 platinums at the same amount of time. But sure... you're still right. Everybody is different and not everybody is playing 24/7. But in general... I would still consider this as an easy plat. 

Edited by A-Rebirth

This is basically of the easier plats out there.  The main game is essentially just a tutorial for the "real" levels that people make and share.  

There's a few hard levels in "Death Mode" that you'll get frustrated at, but with unlimited attempts and no penalties for failing, anyone should easily get them if they put any real effort into them.  The only other levels are "Beat Mode" which even your grandmother could do if you helped her, if you follow any guide with the answers.

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2015 at 10:27 AM, Juzota said:

If you want a challenging game that doesn't spit in your face by randomising stuff play Trials Fusion. It has some ridiculously hard levels, but you can beat them by learning and practicing the game mechanics. In Sound Shapes practicing doesn't do shit because of the random stuff that can ruin your perfect run. Why would I wanna play a game that doesn't reward me in any way if I master the game mechanics? After I beat some of Death Mode levels, I didn't feel like I accomplished anything because it was all about luck. In the other hand when I finished some of the Extreme-tracks on Trials Fusion it felt like all the time and effort paid off because I really needed to know how to play the game and it was all about skills and very little amount of luck.

So, fuck Sound Shapes. Never gonna play it again.

If you want to dip into the hard, but fair, platformer world, try N++, Fenix Furia, Super Meat Boy, Spelunker HD etc. :)

On 12/17/2016 at 3:08 AM, B1rvine said:

This is basically of the easier plats out there.  The main game is essentially just a tutorial for the "real" levels that people make and share.  

There's a few hard levels in "Death Mode" that you'll get frustrated at, but with unlimited attempts and no penalties for failing, anyone should easily get them if they put any real effort into them.  The only other levels are "Beat Mode" which even your grandmother could do if you helped her, if you follow any guide with the answers.

It's not one of the easier plats, because it is not judged by it's easiest trophies, but rather the hardest. You say there are a few hard levels in "Death Mode", that means the plat is a bit hard too. That is however not the problem most people got. The problem people got is when they do near perfect runs and they still fail, over and over. When the spawns you get makes it so you can't possibly win, regardless of how well you play. That's frustrating and poor game design.

• Like 1

Just got all the trophies in Sound Shapes.

Mechanica took over 100 attempts. Invaderoids is just awful, and Event Horizon # 1? Yeah lets put two guys with lasers, two water streams (what else are they called), and random notes for you to go back and forth.

I came close to rage quitting but thankfully persevered and managed to complete Galaxanoids with 0.1 seconds left. Great design there Queasy Games. Let's not throw in luck based trophies like this, because I came damn near screaming a couple times.

Glad it's all over. Just need to autopop the trophies on the other two platforms and I can move on.

• Like 1

Also, the rarity % is quite skewed for this game, simply because people can autopop it after platting it once. General consensus seems that the Vita version is the easiest. Someone who plats the game on the Vita, can then cross-save and auto pop the PS3 and PS4 versions without ever playing them, and even though it's the same game just on a different system, they might be awful at it. So for that, the game cannot be judged on difficulty based on rarity %. 

• Like 1

The hardest part of this game was getting through the "Story mode", I was so bored throughout the whole ordeal.
Had a couple of go's at Deathmode at a friends before I dipped into the game myself, which I loved even though I was so fustrated at first haha. So I had no idea there was a story mode and all I could do was wait for Deathmode, which really isn't that bad! But I can understand some would have a tough time on Deathmode, but damn do I love it haha :lol:

I personally found it really easy, a few problem spots.. particularly one of the death levels but I can see why others might struggle with it, if you don't have good reflexes or good rhythm then you're going to struggle because the entire game is based off of audio cues, especially those death mode levels

Edited by SlimSanta94

15 hours ago, MMDE said:

It's not one of the easier plats, because it is not judged by it's easiest trophies, but rather the hardest. You say there are a few hard levels in "Death Mode", that means the plat is a bit hard too. That is however not the problem most people got. The problem people got is when they do near perfect runs and they still fail, over and over. When the spawns you get makes it so you can't possibly win, regardless of how well you play. That's frustrating and poor game design.

Very true about platinum difficulty.  I agree.

Maybe I didn't word my original post correctly.  I should have said nothing in this game is really challenging at all, and while some levels are tougher than others, the worst of them is still pretty easy considering you have unlimited attempts etc.

I still maintain this is an easy platinum, considering it's my fastest. (without cross saves used)  And yes, I know speed doesn't determine difficulty either. But its basically a game with about 15 levels or so if I remember, all of which aren't too bad.

What I generally consider a real challenge is a game that penalizes you for failure (ie you lose all progress and start over), or forces you to do things within set parameters like time, optional objectives (ie challenge mode or similar). Sound Shapes has none of this.  So while a few levels are indeed annoying at first, if they keep at it I don't see anyone "not" being able to do it.

9 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Very true about platinum difficulty.  I agree.

Maybe I didn't word my original post correctly.  I should have said nothing in this game is really challenging at all, and while some levels are tougher than others, the worst of them is still pretty easy considering you have unlimited attempts etc.

I still maintain this is an easy platinum, considering it's my fastest. (without cross saves used)  And yes, I know speed doesn't determine difficulty either. But its basically a game with about 15 levels or so if I remember, all of which aren't too bad.

What I generally consider a real challenge is a game that penalizes you for failure (ie you lose all progress and start over), or forces you to do things within set parameters like time, optional objectives (ie challenge mode or similar). Sound Shapes has none of this.  So while a few levels are indeed annoying at first, if they keep at it I don't see anyone "not" being able to do it.

It is only hard when a game punishes you for failure? I don't agree. The game could be super easy and punish you hard for failing, it would still be easy. The game can be so hard you fail over and over and over, but it doesn't punish you for it.

If you disagree, go plat or in-game 100% N++ and get back to me about this. That game got like 10 secs to 2 mins levels and no punishment for failure. You can try over and over, you even got instant retry if you do poorly and wanna restart a level. No luck. Nobody has in-game 100% it yet, nowhere near, because it's hard, even if it doesn't punish you at all.

This game is far from easy, though you can get lucky and it will be somewhat easy, but what makes it frustrating and poor game design is the luck factor. Luck is fine, but it's usually poor game design if it can render it impossible for you to win.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

The only thing that helps me get through those piece of crap Deathmode levels was muting the soundtrack and playing my own music. Listening to Hotline Miami soundtrack helps me keep my focus and motivation...and stops the waves of anger. Otherwise I would have rage quit after a few minutes of pure frustration. I hate these "no skill just luck" based trophies. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

There is a lot of luck required in the death mode levels.  Just keep trying til you get a nice run of coins near each other and that will buy you a few extra seconds.

It is difficult at first but It's not actually all that hard, it just required practice.

• Like 1