Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

13 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Thank you! The Photo mode in this game is so much fun to play around with 1f601.png

It is certainly a gorgeous game so it’s nice to have the option to document your playthrough with such pretty pictures. ?

Sadly I don’t have a PS5 but when I upgrade this will definitely be one of the very first games I play. I loooove me some Ratchet & Clank.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

It is certainly a gorgeous game so it’s nice to have the option to document your playthrough with such pretty pictures. 1f606.png

Sadly I don’t have a PS5 but when I upgrade this will definitely be one of the very first games I play. I loooove me some Ratchet & Clank.

For sure! I lost track of how many screenshots I took throughout my playthrough haha

That's okay, the upside is that the longer you take to get a PS5, the cheaper you can probably find this game and a lot of others that were released in the past year or so :D

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 10:15 PM, Rebourne07 said:

You're good, you can change however many times you want. Also, you can count Ultra Street Fighter IV as your 9 or as your 10 if you'd like since PST has the average difficulty at 9.49 which means it can be counted as a 10 if you want. 

Thanks for the offer but I think I’ll keep it as a 9. I have plenty of experience with UMVC3 and have platinumed it once already. Plus there’s a couple other games I’m looking at for my 10/10 as well. 

• Like 1

PSA :)

Sup guys! Since Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring are coming out soon I figured I'd put this out here now. If you buy a new game and platinum it right after it launches, you can use those games in the challenge at whatever difficulty level they are rated...but you might have to wait a bit for guides to come out and votes to be cast in difficulty polls for them to have actual ratings. Some sites like PowerPyx will rate them before/on launch, but others like PSNProfiles and PlaystationTrophies take a while. I know some are counting on Elden Ring being a 6, 7 or 8...and I'm sure it will be, just know that brand new games have to have established ratings from somewhere just like older games before they can be counted. For voting sites like PlaystationTrophies...I'd say wait until there's like 10+ votes or 2 months have passed since launch, whichever comes first to say a game there has an established rating. Hopefully that sounds fair to everyone, if not PM me. Gonna be a great couple of months full of awesome new games :D

• Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 10:55 AM, totakos1 said:

Update: 1 more completed, my 4/10 Deathloop, I do got to say it is an incredible game and I definitely recommend it for everyone that has a ps5! Next one is going to be Returnal! Still having issues deciding my 1/10 and 10/10 ( hopefully Elden Ring will be 10/10…. Really doubt it ) 

1/10: 

✔️ 2/10: Ratchet and Clank: rift apart (psn profiles) 

✔️ 3/10: Watch dogs: legion (psn profiles)

✔️ 4/10: Deathloop (psn profiles) 

5/10: 

6/10: 

✔️ 7/10: Demon’s souls (psn profiles) 

✔️ 8:10: Mega Man 11 (psn profiles) 

9/10: Returnal (plat prices) 

10/10: 

Some awesome plats there, well done! Just about to start Mega Man 11, how did you find it? 

• Like 2

One announcement and one change:

Announcement: I am almost to the platinum for my 10/10 game, The Binding of Isaac. I only have two trophies to get, Platinum God and Real Platinum God, for collecting all of the items in the stats page. I've gotten all of the character item unlocks except Dark Room with Samson and Boss Rush with Eve and Eden, but the hardest unlock(Godhead) is done - I got The Lost's last character unlock(The D100) yesterday with some struggle. (The Peep and Bloat are the worst bosses to fight as The Lost as they jump around and their splats can hit you. :()

I do have to max out the Donation Machine which is hard as it keeps jamming when I have a lot of coins. Also need to unlock the rest of the co-op babies to get 100% Secrets, but all in all, all the trophies except for getting 100% in each stat category is done. (I've unlocked all the Endings, beat Mega Satan a while back.) I've only got a few items left. The hardest ones to find will be Steven and Godhead.

Change: My 3/10 will now be changed to The Tower of Deadly Monsters because it is listed as 3/10 on PSNProfiles by the guide. Once again World of Final Fantasy is ignored, but I had this game on an another account and decided to just do it as it doesn't take long to complete. I've platinumed this game on so many accounts, why not this one? It's goofy and the mechanics are not too difficult.

Edited by winter_bird_22
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Some awesome plats there, well done! Just about to start Mega Man 11, how did you find it? 

Thank you, you have a great list as well! For nostalgic reasons I had a blast with it and overall I think it’s a very good game! Difficulty ( I see you wrote that great guide of Crash 4 ) comparing it with that game it’s way easier 2 of the trophies only challenging-hard! speed run which you can spend 10 sec and buy a certain part to make it easier and the trials which in a way is the exact opposite and you can take your time and have no issues just remember the weaknesses of the bosses! Best of luck!

• Like 2

On 13.2.2022 at 3:05 AM, Arzoden said:

Just posting a list update, first post was a little over a month ago :)

1/10: The Pig D [ Finished ]

2/10: Brave Match [ Finished ]

3/10: Void Gor [ Finished ]

4/10: Superhot

5/10: Flinthook [ Finished ]

6/10: Limbo [ Finished ]

7/10: Echo 

8/10: Furi

9/10: Wargroove

10/10: Shadow Warrior

Limbo does not have a platinum Trophy :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, totakos1 said:

Thank you, you have a great list as well! For nostalgic reasons I had a blast with it and overall I think it’s a very good game! Difficulty ( I see you wrote that great guide of Crash 4 ) comparing it with that game it’s way easier 2 of the trophies only challenging-hard! speed run which you can spend 10 sec and buy a certain part to make it easier and the trials which in a way is the exact opposite and you can take your time and have no issues just remember the weaknesses of the bosses! Best of luck!

Awesome, thanks for the response :D Looking forward to starting it very soon. 

• Like 1

In the Binding of Isaac home stretch, just got my final character item unlock(Judas' Shadow, which happened to drop in the Chest on the run I unlocked it on xD) and now only need nine more items: (I am sure I unlocked all the secrets that aren't connected to these items.)

1. Raw Liver (secret room item)
  2. Steven (random gold chest, unlocked it by defeating the Steven Boss)
  3. Super Bandage (need to make a Super Bandage Girl, made the Super Meat Boy and almost got Super Bandage Girl but sadly Depths 1 was Double Trouble Room :()
  4. Blue Candle
  5. Red Candle
  6. Stopwatch (need to stop bombing the donation machine and donate a lot, back down below 300 coins :()
  7. Black Lotus (I saw this in another file but not seen it yet)
  8. MissingNo. (Luckily haven't seen this yet)
  9. Godhead (Need to farm angel rooms for this, found that RNG manipulates if you take an active item before rerolling it)

Doing Isaac Runs to use his D6 to reroll stuff. Holding on other games because I am seriously considering making Binding of Issac my next platinum. ;)

• Like 1