Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

13 hours ago, totakos1 said:

I don’t think Auto-pop should count… I mean I am sure like me pretty much everyone else can just do it and say we are done! That’s not the challenge it’s meant to be I am guessing! should be something new no matter what we have done! But hey that’s just me! It’s your challenge @Rebourne07

Sorry man, I do understand the sentiment against auto-pops, but it's been in the rules to allow them since the beginning :)

On 12/1/2021 at 11:11 AM, Rebourne07 said:
  • Auto-pop platinums count. The goal of this event isn't to put a bunch of restrictions on everyone to make it as hardcore as possible. The goal is to have fun. If you wanna auto-pop Spider-Man Remastered for your 3/10, that's fine. 

• Like 1

Definitely your event, but I don't see the point of coming into this challenge and being able to effectively make moot one of the games. Do you at least have to have done the game originally this year? Otherwise it's not a "2022 Challenge" if I can play FF7 years ago and autopop it for this year's challenge. Just food for thought I don't know. I guess it's a little late to change the rules anyway. Although, if you actually played the game then you wouldn't need the autopop to be the game you submit for the challenge. Dur.

Anyway I'm working on Dragon Quest Builders as we speak and am going to get the online trophies in New Gundam Breaker out of the way this weekend. DQB is more fun than I've had with a game in a while.

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 2

• 1/10 - Oxenfree (PSNP) 
  • 2/10 - MediEvil (PSNP)
  • 3/10 - ✅ LEGO DC Supervillains (PSNP) 
  • 4/10 - Darksiders Genesis (PSNP)
  • 5/10 - Goat Simulator (PSNP)
  • 6/10 - Devil May Cry 3 (PSNP)
  • 7/10 - Spec Ops: The Line (PSNP)
  • 8/10 - Max Payne 3 (PSNP)
  • 9/10 - Dead Space 2 (PSNP)
  • 10/10 - Hollow Knight (PST)

mAgUhmg.png #253 - Goat Simulator

Ui67L8B.png

Currently working on Spec Ops: The Line.

• Like 3

Another one for the challenge: My Hero One's Justice

1/10 - The Wolf Among Us - :platinum: 

2/10 - Hitman GO

3/10 - Yakuza 6 Song of Life

4/10 - My Hero One's Justice- :platinum: 

5/10 - Hitman Blood Money

6/10 - Guacamelee 2 - :platinum: 

7/10 - Blazblue Chronophantasma - :platinum: 

8/10 - Furi

9/10 - Hollow Knight

10/10 - Persona 4 Arena

I'll take playstationtrophies' ranking, because there's more 3/10 games available out there that I want to try :D 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kramers001 said:

1/10 - Oxenfree

2/10 - The Forgotten City 

3/10 - Crosscode

4/10 - Bully

5/10 - Salt & Sanctuary

6/10 - Hades

7/10 - Rain World

8/10 - Devil May Cry HD→ Doom (1993)

9/10 - Splasher 

10/10 - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus :platinum: (19/1)

Yeah, I'm currently having way too much nostalgia trip with Doom (1993) to not plat it, so unfortunately Devil May Cry is getting replaced.

WHOA! Congratulations on doing Wolfenstein 2!!!

• Like 1

I want to join!

1/10   - Grim Fandango Remastered

2/10   - Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

3/10   - Horizon Zero Dawn

4/10   - Control 

5/10   - Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

6/10   - Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered

7/10   - Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

8/10   - Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2

9/10   - Hollow Knight

10/10 - Tetris Effect

• Like 1

• 1/10   ⚪️ Farming Simulator 22 (PSNP)
  • 2/10   ? Spyro the Dragon (PSNP)  
  • 3/10   ? Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PSNP) 
  • 4/10   ? The Survivalists (PlatPrices)  
  • 5/10   ? The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PS5 (PSNP)
  • 6/10   ⚪️ Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PSNP)
  • 7/10   ⚪️ Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (Platprices)
  • 8/10   ? Peggle 2 (Platprices)
  • 9/10   ⚪️ The Witness (PStrophies)
  • 10/10 ⚪️ Hollow Knight (PStrophies)

Peggle 2 done! Loved it. Was surprised by the 8/10 difficulty ranking, but I kinda understand it, without the DLC it can be quite challenging. 

This platinum was 7 years in the making, but that’s what I love about this challenge, revisiting unfinished games and giving them another go. 

• Like 4

On 2.2.2022 at 11:12 PM, BigE1286 said:

1/10 The Wolf Among Us (PSNP)

2/10 Rocket League (PSNP)

3/10 NieR:Automata (PSNP)

4/10 Control: Ultimate Edition (PSNP)

5/10 Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PSNP)

6/10 Bayonetta (PSNP)

7/10 Yakuza 0 (PSNP)

8/10 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 [PS5] (PSNP)

9/10 Vanquish (PSNP)

10/10 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PSNP)

Another one down with The Wolf Among Us... My first Telltale game and i really enjoyed it. Always thought i watch a movie instead but it was really good. 

To the whole Auto-pop discussion: I think it's up to everyone how this challenge works out. For me, it would be more interesting if i can find another 8 which i don't already have and i actually wanna play. But i don't see a problem with someone autopopping platinums for this challenge because it doesn't affect anyone else at all. You set up the challenge for yourself and that should be all the fun behind that. I personally could have put Vanquish on 10 because i think pstrophies.org has it as a 9.5 or so, but for the challenge i chose something different i actually wanna play and probably never gonna achieve. ? But that's up to everyone individually, have fun. 

Edited by BigE1286
  • Like 4

So... I'm sure if you check my profile, you can see I made a great deal of progress on The Binding of Isaac. I didn't install any of the expansions so I am playing on the base Rebirth version, which allowed me to earn the Challenges trophy because the game tricks you and says "Complete all 20 challenges" but if you have extra challenges from other expansions, you have to do those too and while I could cheese some of them(like the April Fools' challenge which can be cheesed by grabbing an item like Guppy's Paw and spam using it until you get Mega Blast to destroy every boss in the run, which is ALWAYS The Bloat, the hardest normal boss in the game, it's the Peep with Laser Eyes), some of the challenges are nasty, like the Backasswards Challenge which starts you from Mega Satan and you have to teleport away unless the items you are given give you a broken build. While some of the original challenges are frustration city(like Beans!, where the only damage you do is with butt bombs because you can't shoot tears), they are doable. I completed all 20 Rebirth Challenges and got that trophy, and now I am going to earn the platinum before adding any new expansions so I can keep track of what I need to pick up. Still need to get some Hard Mode Heart kills(especially for Eve, who has no completion marks) and unlock the Lost.

Unfortunately, I might have to install Afterbirth to unlock the Lost with the Lost Poster method as the method in the guide doesn't work for me. I've tested it and done everything right, but I think I have a patched version where you can't use seeded runs or stop playing until you get all four deaths, which is bad. I actually unlocked Blank Card from doing Satan with Eden instead of The Lamb with Eden so I might just use the Jera Blank Card trick.

(I actually got Missing Poster and a sacrifice room but it was during my run of the Demo Man challenge so I knew triggering the poster wouldn't unlock the Lost as you can't unlock characters while doing challenges. :()

I'll make plans and tactic sessions to work on the other games or swap out if need be, but I want to try to clear World of Final Fantasy as I loved that game and have platinumed it on an older account so it can be done. It's just a bit time consuming since you have to 100% it.

On 2/4/2022 at 10:16 AM, Rebourne07 said:

WHOA! Congratulations on doing Wolfenstein 2!!!

Whoa indeed. Anyone who manages to survive Mein Lieben mode without dying has got to be a god gamer. Impossible for me. :P

Since I’m almost done with it I’m going to replace El Shaddai with Kena Bridge of Spirits. Just a few bosses left on master difficulty before the plat. 

1/10: Doki Doki Literature Club 

2/10: Spyro the Dragon 

3/10: Yoku’s Island Express (playstationtrophies.org) 

4/10: Transistor

5/10: Red Dead Redemption 2 

6/10: Disgaea 3 (still extremely tentative) 

7/10: Kena: Bridge of Spirits

8/10: Dragon Ball FighterZ

9/10: Vanquish 

10/10: Either Jump King or UMVC3 

• Like 3

1/10 : Life is Strange

2/10 : Twin Mirror

3/10 : Assassins's Creed Odyssey

4/10 : Alan Wake Remasterd :platinum:

5/10 : BioShock 2 Remastered

6/10 : Judgment :platinum:

7/10 : The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt :platinum:

8/10 : Dark Souls Remastered

9/10 : Darkest Dungeon

10/10 : Devil May Cry 5

Let the fun begin!

Cheers

Edited by Syr_Rys
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Syr_Rys said:

1/10 : Life is Strange

2/10 : Twin Mirror

3/10 : Assassins's Creed Odyssey

4/10 : Alan Wake Remasterd :platinum:

5/10 : BioShock 2 Remastered

6/10 : Judgement

7/10 : The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt :platinum:

8/10 : Dark Souls Remastered

Judgement

9/10 : Darkest Dungeon

10/10 : Devil May Cry 5

I am not sure if the "Judgement" counts for 6/10, since I have another version without puyo-puyo, what do you say Rebourne07?

Let the fun begin!

Cheers

Yep, Judgement counts as a 6/10 :)

• Like 1