Bingo Bonanza 2022

Why do I do this to myself...

Alright, so I was on the fence about the event, I kinda forgot about Bingo 2021. Seeing now that people legit got passionate about 2022, I said why not, let's join too. Also in the spirit of fairness, whatever gets generated first time will go.

Here's my card...

AExxLKf.jpg

Most of the fields are pretty decent, not sure what to pick from "In a Series new to you". However that stupid field "Cooperative Game" ruined my day ? I can't stand co-op man!

If I find a game and dual wield controllers like a boss does it count as Cooperative game? Because my god, the fellow grandpas and grandmas will laugh at me if I can't complete that damn field :( 

Couldn't just have gotten some Anime based stuff instead...no it had to be stupid co-op...

Also for Peripheral-based...uh....yeah...imma finish a fighting game with my fight stick, if that counts @Squirlruler. I did check the previous pages and I saw the rules are abit blurry. Not buying a VR/Oculus/phone that can handle "Party pack games" just for this xD 
Else should I reroll?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Why do I do this to myself...

Alright, so I was on the fence about the event, I kinda forgot about Bingo 2021. Seeing now that people legit got passionate about 2022, I said why not, let's join too. Also in the spirit of fairness, whatever gets generated first time will go.

Here's my card...

Most of the fields are pretty decent, not sure what to pick from "In a Series new to you". However that stupid field "Cooperative Game" ruined my day 1f602.png I can't stand co-op man!

If I find a game and dual wield controllers like a boss does it count as Cooperative game? Because my god, the fellow grandpas and grandmas will laugh at me if I can't complete that damn field :( 

Couldn't just have gotten some Anime based stuff instead...no it had to be stupid co-op...

Dude - Elden Ring will technically have co-op in it... whether you actually use it is not for the Bingo Card to know ?

Also for Peripheral-based...uh....yeah...imma finish a fighting game with my fight stick, if that counts @Squirlruler. I did check the previous pages and I saw the rules are abit blurry. Not buying a VR/Oculus/phone that can handle "Party pack games" just for this xD 

Surely any fighting game could be considered to be "peripheral based" - after all, fight sticks and fight pads are a borderline requirements for some - and they are certainly games crafted with those peripherals in mind....

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Dude - Elden Ring will technically have co-op in it... whether you actually use it is not for the Bingo Card to know 1f609.png

Damn, that's some old timer hustle strats right there ?here I thought "oh no i have to play It Takes Two, nooooo". Big thanks! 

And yeah for fighting games I will go with a very old school pre-2000 one entry, just to not bend the rules even further, because those were designed for the arcade cabinets. Haven't used the fightstick in a while anyway. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bl4ckb1rd92 said:

Spawned an Expanded Universe - I honestly don't know what game franchises there are that started as games and became movies and such.  This one has me scratching my head.  Help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

A lot of JRPGs (Tales, Persona, etc.) have anime adaptations, which would seem to qualify for this one. Final Fantasy VII would've been perfect if you didn't finish it earlier this month, but if you have any similar games in your backlog I'd look to those first.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

As @Xylobe said - Astro's Playroom should work, along with The Playroom, The Playroom VR, or the PS Vita Welcome Pack.

Also, I'm not sure if it is quite in the spirit of the original intent...

...but technically, all the games in the PS Plus Collection are made free in perpetuity to everyone who gets a PS5, so could be argued to be "free-to-Play" in some loose sense...

So my choices are currently get a PS5 or a VR system? Those both won't happen.  Also, dosen't the PSPlus collection require PSPlus making them not really free-to-play? I'm not sure if they fit the challenge.

Did a full look of the Free game section on PS4 and only found these games that have a story completion trophy:

- Don't Bite Me Bro!

- Dungeon Defenders II

- Path of Exile

- Skyforge (?)

- Star Trek Online (?)

So I honestly don't know what to do... I think this category is really restrictive.

1 hour ago, ArtikSkarab said:

So my choices are currently get a PS5 or a VR system? Those both won't happen.  Also, dosen't the PSPlus collection require PSPlus making them not really free-to-play? I'm not sure if they fit the challenge.

TBH, I was thinking more that since those games are made free to people with PS5's, you could play them on PS4 and still be kind of "in the spirit" of the box anyways - after all, people without PS+ who draw the "Free PS+ Game" box can still complete it just by playing a game that was on PS+, even if they didn't get it that way themselves...

1 hour ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Did a full look of the Free game section on PS4 and only found these games that have a story completion trophy:

- Don't Bite Me Bro!

- Dungeon Defenders II

- Path of Exile

- Skyforge (?)

- Star Trek Online (?)

So I honestly don't know what to do... I think this category is really restrictive.

I had a look, and one that seems doable, and sounds like it is reasonably good, and not an insane time sink might be Super Animal Royale?

The guide says its around 20 hours and a 3/10 difficulty, it looks nice, and seems to have generally favourable reviews :dunno:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hope that helps - got to be one or two in there that appeal at least! 1f601.png

Wow! Thank you so much for that, wasn't expecting such a detailed analysis 

Even knowing that I have to choose one of the games, I'll definitely be playing others that got my interest

• Like 1

@Xylobe  thanks for the quick turn-around.  I wound up compiling more sources and found movies based on gamesTV series based on games, and anime based on games.  This one is a link to a list of game franchises, i.e. series' of games.  And ultimately, just a list of lists, complete with links for metroidvania, the banned games, expanded universes, and so on.  I don't believe it's all-inclusive and it definitely isn't sorted by console, so you'll still have a little research to do (like clicking more links), but I think these are a pretty good place to start for anything leaving people scratching their heads.  As with the banned games, I'm posting them in the thread to help people out.  They certainly helped me.

Spoiler
  1. Adventure Uncharted 4  I've technically already been through the story once, years ago, on the easiest mode.  In order to 100% this one, I'll obviously have to go through it on the hardest difficulty.  If I need to select a different game, I'll do so.
  2. One Word Title Anodyne  I'm aware of the glitch compromising the ability to get more than one trophy per session.  I got annoyed, that's why I stopped the first time.
  3. Award-Winning Witcher 3  Always meant to come back to this one.  Never even took it off the console over the course of four year.  Oops.
  4. That You Can Beat In One Sitting - Dungeon Escape  If I can knock out a game in one sitting, I've bought it and played it immediately; it was probably for the dopamine.  Going to need a new one for this.
  5. With A Female Protagonist - Children of the Zodiarcs  I don't remember why I never finished this one.  I probably got side-tracked with work and forgot about it.
  6. Released In Your Birth Month Ancestors  December games are just AWFUL to track down.  Everything was March-August before I found this one.
  7. That You Meant to Play Last Year - Infamous: Second Son  I was going to play it after First Light, but, yeah, life happens.
  8. Reboot or Spiritual Successor Gauntlet  Any game my grandfather calls old is old.
  9. With Gorgeous Vistas Post Apocalyptic Mailman Simulator  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...  At least it's pretty.
  10. Banned In A Country (Indonesia) - Far Cry 3  This one felt like a little bit of a chore, but I'm ready to get back to it.  The story wasn't too bad and I enjoyed the exploration.
  11. Spawned an Expanded Universe - Prince of Persia  Is it the original?  No.  Is it the game that spawned that abhorrent movie?  Yes.
  12. Cult Favorite  - Legend of Dragoon doesn't have any trophies, but if it somehow gets some while this challenge is ongoing, my decision is going to change.  Anywho, asked a friend for a cult classic game and his immediate response was MediEvil.  If it's not a cult classic, let me know and feel free to give me some suggestions.
  13. FREE SPACE Oceanhorn  This is going to be one of my plane/airport games for when I finally take leave.
  14. No Jump Button - Darkest Dungeon  I kept meaning to come back for this one.  Every time I decided it was time, I chickened out.  I'm doing it now.
  15. Releasing Your Inner Weeb - SAO: Lost Song  I think I got this gist of this challenge.
  16. In A Series New to You - Silent Hill 2  I know, I know, I've never played a Silent Hill game before, have I been living under a rock?  Just because I'm goth doesn't mean I consume every gory horror media thing around.  I prefer grimdark fantasy/political intrigue type of psychological horror.  A lot of horror games and movies just feel over the top to be over the top.
  17. That "Everyone" But You Has Played Minecraft  Digital LEGOs with zombies, dragons, and food.  Looking forward to it...
  18. Oldest In Your Backlog Naruto: UNS4  First game I ever popped into my PS4.  Technically, I have 7 physical Vita games that have been on my backlog for MUCH longer, going back to through my first AIT and deployment, but since I synced them without realizing how missing timestamps and internet connections worked, I'm probably never going to finish them, making this the lucky guy that gets picked.
  19. Free to Play Tera  Trying to get a couple buddies to jump in with me on this one.
  20. That Takes "Forever" to Beat - Super Meat Boy  No introductions needed, right?
  21. Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle - Crypto by POWGI  This one seems like a nice relax after work kind of game.
  22. Crafting Mechanics - Greedfall  The amount of running without purpose you have to do in this game is infuriating for such a good story and combat system.  I have been genuinely enjoying this game.  In doses, that is.
  23. Aliens or Robots - Ty 2  There's robots, mechs, and I believe a UFO.  If it needs more of a slap in the face, suggestions are welcome.
  24. By an Independent Developer Zenith  Great game, can't remember why I stopped playing.  Looking forward to actually finishing this story.
  25. Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Bound by Flame  Every time I hit this game up I get distracted by something else.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Copanele said:

Most of the fields are pretty decent, not sure what to pick from "In a Series new to you". However that stupid field "Cooperative Game" ruined my day ? I can't stand co-op man!

@Copanele if you have or are interested in a way out. 2 players are required for this and id be more than happy to help you out with it.

4 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

@Copanele if you have or are interested in a way out. 2 players are required for this and id be more than happy to help you out with it.

Thanks but no thanks xD that was my entire gimmick, I strongly dislike those types of games because they are NOT my type at all.

So I will find a game who has co-op embedded into it (like Elden Ring lol) and play that one...solo :D 

10 hours ago, Copanele said:

Thanks but no thanks xD that was my entire gimmick, I strongly dislike those types of games because they are NOT my type at all.

So I will find a game who has co-op embedded into it (like Elden Ring lol) and play that one...solo :D 

If you grabbed it, PS+ this month has Lego DC Super-Villains and all LEGO games with fit your idea.

On 18/12/2021 at 6:36 AM, Blood_Hungry_III said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for "With Mystery or Detective Themes"?

Have you played The Wolf Among Us? The Batman Arkham games? Return of the Obra Dinn is also incredible.

On 24/12/2021 at 6:37 PM, Copanele said:

However that stupid field "Cooperative Game" ruined my day 1f602.png I can't stand co-op man!

If Elden Ring fits better into another slot, consider Portal 2 with a partner on the couch? Moving Out and Overcooked are also good alone or with a couch partner. Overcooked was on PS+ a few months ago.

@Squirlruler: does Bingo count if it's diagonal? Or just rows and columns?

• Like 1

Put down some games for almost all of my categories.Might not follow through on all of them, but it's a pretty good starting spot.

In vertical order:

Award-Winning: Hades - Winner of multiple awards; including multiple GOTY and recently earned a Hugo.

No Platinum Trophy: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse - PSN games are a gold mine for this; looks pretty simple to go through.

Meant to Play Last Year: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - As a person that is always story/universe first in games, I only heard amazing things about this game.

Strategy, Simulation or Management: Valkyria Chronicles - War strategy-RPG that I played a bit back on the PS3.

Has Snacks That Heal You: Costume Quest 2 - You can eat your candies for HP. Charming as all hell.

Racing or Sports: Need for Speed Payback - Was on PS+ and heard decent things about it.

Retro Re-release (OG w/o trophies): Grand Theft Auto III (Definitive Edition) - Will need a ruling call as it's technically not the first re-release, but is one nontheless.

Starts With 1st Letter of PSNID: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - I like Ubisoft open-world games; this centainly is one of those.

No Jump Button: Yakuza: Like A Dragon - Rare are the RPGs with a jump button.

Ultra Rare Platinum: Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs - The only guide I found for this game is badly structured and in french? This is going to be something...

Adventure: King's Quest - I only did the 1st episode, DLC episodes 2-5 are left to do.

Independent Developer: Always Sometimes Monsters - An RPG Maker-style game by a small indie team, Vagabond Dog.

Player's Choice: Ghost of Tsushima - Was so hype for this game, but was wise to wait for a complete edition.

Arcade, Rhythm or Puzzle: Cuboid - I found this game on PSNow recently in another event; it's a pretty neat concept.

Gives You The Feels: Spiritfarer - There is no chance a game about death, grief and a Charon figure can't make me feel something.

No Humans: Seasons After Fall - From the screenshots I found online, I only saw animals in game.

Cooperative Game: LEGO The Incredibles - LEGO games are usually great co-op games.

Crafting Mechanics: Battle Chasers: Nightwar - I don't remember why I stopped playing this game; I remember liking it.

Anthropomorphized Animals: Dust: An Elysian Tail - Ah, one of the big influential furry/anthro games.

In-Game Weather Effects: Just Cause 4 - Tornadoes, lightning and sandstorms were the big ad campaign for this game.

For Another PSNP Event: N/A - Keeping this one empty until I join an event over the new year.

Customizable Hats: Jump Force - I know you can customize your character with various hats/maske/hair accessories.

You Think You Will Dislike: Until Dawn - I actively dislike horror, so I expect to have an aweful time through this.

Free to Play: Dungeon Defenders II - Of the few free games I found, this one looks pretty doable.

With a # or Symbol in the Title: Danganronpa 1­・2 Reload - Numbers and a symbol in the title!

Apart from the ruling call on GTA and the missing game for the 'Another Event' category, I'm pretty hype to start.

23 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Yea, diagonal counts, just like normal bingo :]

? thank you

On 18/12/2021 at 2:19 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Fair enough!

I'll need to do some research - there must be some PSVR games that are only on the sony side...

...Detective Mode: ACTIVATE! ?️

How did you go Doc? Any ideas? This one has me stumped as I don't have VR or a PS Move.

Does anyone have any ideas for "peripheral based?"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

How did you go Doc? Any ideas? This one has me stumped as I don't have VR or a PS Move.

I did manage to find a couple, particularly stuff that is VR games by studios more famous for non VR stuff

- I’ve bought:

Ghost Giant, which is a VR game by Zoink (of Lost in Random fame)

Statik (by Tarsier, who made Little Nightmares)

Déreciné (by FROM Software)

- i figure those will be good for ‘platform exclusive’, but the ones that use Move controllers will also be a good shout for ‘peripheral based’ ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

? thank you

You might try Thumper.  It is peripheral based in that its a VR compatible game.  You don't need to have the VR though and its a pretty solid rhythm game either way. It is better in VR mind you, but just trying to think around the problem here.  You might also consider other games that are VR compatible and play them without the VR. 

• Like 1