Giveaway #4

Roronora_Zoro666

This is the fourth of 5 possible giveaways.

This is gonna be similar to the event of the first giveaway, except with a topic in mind.

The goal is to guess what my favorite platinum is, but give me a very interesting or exaggerated reason as to why that is.

My profile can be found here.

The most creative and/or funniest will win the card.

The time limit is midnight on Christmas Eve, so Christmas morning. My timezone is Central Standard Time (CST), so bear that in mind when guessing.

• Like 4

I'll go with your 200th Platinum, Batman Arkham Asylum. Im a big fan of using good games for milestones (most of my milestones are decent lol). But what I find interesting by this is you have platted this game three times and the first time around the PS3 version was your 10th Platinum and coincidentally (with this giveaway in mind) you got your 200th plat which was 10 months ago! Kind of has a weird connection with the numbers. :D

• Like 1

Well this is an easy one. Your favourite platinum is clearly "My Name Is Mayo". Not because of the highly engaging gameplay loop, although you certain enjoyed that, but because of the journey of self discovery it took you upon. This game taught you of the true potential present within your store cupboard. If a simple yet elegant jar of mayo can be made so classy by that suit, or so alluring by that cheeta outfit, then imagine the potential of your ranch dressing for example. These thoughts changed your life for the better and your store cupboard certainly thanks you for ever deigning to play this game.

sorrynotsorry

Edited by jpwbjpwb

It's LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham. Your first LEGO completion.

I'd ask you to sit down for my astounding reveal but the truth is that you already are, aren't you? You haven't been able to leave that wheelchair since you were a child, heedless of your parents' repeated warnings to tidy away your LEGO when you were finished playing with it. You thought you knew better. You thought stepping on a LEGO brick barefooted would never happen to you. How wrong you were.

That fateful night when you woke up to go to the bathroom in the darkness of your room. You relive it every time you shut your eyes, don't you? Forgetting to put your slippers on before crossing the floor to the hallway. The sudden crack, the blinding shock of pain as the bones in your right leg detonated in unison. The doctors said you had stepped full force on the Batwing, maybe even a little of the Penguin Chase set as your knee gave way beneath you. They said it was a miracle that you hadn't landed on the Joker's Funhouse and shattered your spine. They said you were lucky to be alive.

But you didn't feel lucky, did you? No. You blamed everybody except yourself. Over time, you grew bitter and twisted in your hatred for LEGO. You were like a LEGO set yourself; a boy made of several hundred tiny bricks... but the ones in your heart were missing, gone, lost underneath some existential sofa somewhere or chewed beyond function by some existential labrador. You wanted revenge. Your newfound phobia of playthings ruled out any public burnings or retaliatory attacks against Toys 'R Us. Then you found the games.

Yes, by completing the LEGO games, you could prove your mastery over these toys that had ruined your life. To gain every trophy, to attain the platinum and to proudly display it on a public forum. The fact that you couldn't actually die in any of these games was the icing on the cake. You could play as Harry Potter, Bruce Wayne, Bilbo Baggins, Han Solo, even the nameless civilians that began to look more and more like the friends, coworkers and family that you had long since grown to resent. You could watch them explode over and over in LEGO form, only to be forced back together, back to life, to live the pain anew like wretched Prometheus feasted upon by the eagle. They would feel that pain, Your pain.

And so it continues and so shall it ever. No amount of LEGO platinums will ever re-brick the gaping wound in your soul that one careless childhood moment forever marked you with. There is no measure of justice to be found in your actions. LEGO itself is an abbreviation of the Danish "leg godt": "play well". And so you have... but you play a game without end. God help you.   

• Like 1

As a kid, a SEGA was the only thing you wanted for Christmas. You behaved all year long, and you helped people in need. You sworn you would always ve good to people in Christmas times, and Santa made your wish come true.

Wrapped up in colourful silk paper, your new console and a Sonic The Hedgehog 2 cartridge along with it. You spent as much time playing it as you spent time writing about it. You were fascinated.

As an adult, you found it on the PS Store, and a single tear rolled down your cheek. You looked in your wardrobe's drawers and found your old writings about it. That was the moment you decided to become a Guides Author.

On 12/23/2021 at 5:45 PM, Ashbo said:

I'll go with your 200th Platinum, Batman Arkham Asylum. Im a big fan of using good games for milestones (most of my milestones are decent lol). But what I find interesting by this is you have platted this game three times and the first time around the PS3 version was your 10th Platinum and coincidentally (with this giveaway in mind) you got your 200th plat which was 10 months ago! Kind of has a weird connection with the numbers. :D

Thats an interesting analysis. I never put much thought into the time in between the plat and the connection to it being my 10th plat.

You were spot on the game being my favorite. But, I actually plat the game 6 times and I did an entire 100% run after I’ve long since plat it for a let’s play, so I guess 7.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:37 PM, LC-Fraggers said:

It's LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham. Your first LEGO completion.

I'd ask you to sit down for my astounding reveal but the truth is that you already are, aren't you? You haven't been able to leave that wheelchair since you were a child, heedless of your parents' repeated warnings to tidy away your LEGO when you were finished playing with it. You thought you knew better. You thought stepping on a LEGO brick barefooted would never happen to you. How wrong you were.

That fateful night when you woke up to go to the bathroom in the darkness of your room. You relive it every time you shut your eyes, don't you? Forgetting to put your slippers on before crossing the floor to the hallway. The sudden crack, the blinding shock of pain as the bones in your right leg detonated in unison. The doctors said you had stepped full force on the Batwing, maybe even a little of the Penguin Chase set as your knee gave way beneath you. They said it was a miracle that you hadn't landed on the Joker's Funhouse and shattered your spine. They said you were lucky to be alive.

But you didn't feel lucky, did you? No. You blamed everybody except yourself. Over time, you grew bitter and twisted in your hatred for LEGO. You were like a LEGO set yourself; a boy made of several hundred tiny bricks... but the ones in your heart were missing, gone, lost underneath some existential sofa somewhere or chewed beyond function by some existential labrador. You wanted revenge. Your newfound phobia of playthings ruled out any public burnings or retaliatory attacks against Toys 'R Us. Then you found the games.

Yes, by completing the LEGO games, you could prove your mastery over these toys that had ruined your life. To gain every trophy, to attain the platinum and to proudly display it on a public forum. The fact that you couldn't actually die in any of these games was the icing on the cake. You could play as Harry Potter, Bruce Wayne, Bilbo Baggins, Han Solo, even the nameless civilians that began to look more and more like the friends, coworkers and family that you had long since grown to resent. You could watch them explode over and over in LEGO form, only to be forced back together, back to life, to live the pain anew like wretched Prometheus feasted upon by the eagle. They would feel that pain, Your pain.

And so it continues and so shall it ever. No amount of LEGO platinums will ever re-brick the gaping wound in your soul that one careless childhood moment forever marked you with. There is no measure of justice to be found in your actions. LEGO itself is an abbreviation of the Danish "leg godt": "play well". And so you have... but you play a game without end. God help you.   

My WORD!

This was a mouthful and I broke down crying and laughing at every sentence. Honestly, I already called you the victor by the second paragraph.

This was by far the most creative take on the event, I enjoyed the read and you definitely left me with the urge to hire you as my biographer. You can make the most meager of tasks sound riveting. Kudos, just kudos. 

Also, was LEGO Batman 3 really my first LEGO plat? I’ve honestly been thinking it was Harry Potter ? 

I also wanna shoutout @B1rvine for giving me the second best laugh out of the event, shame you didn’t post. ?

“Is it Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle because Platinums are unbreakable? :P

Edit: Video is up.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 3