Multiplayer still active?

Deluziion90

I am at the tail end of getting the Platinum -- just need 2 more Mass Races and I think 9 more Versus Matches. In order to get into most Multiplayer Matches quickly I have to turn on Cross-Platform Sessions in the Settings. I also noticed an influx of new players around Christmas time (lower level than the usual bracket of people).

Last night I even discovered that PS4 players can group with PC players. I was standing around waiting for a Mass Race to start when I got a PC-player invite, we even got one Versus Match done! We got credit for a 1 vs 1 Versus Match but when I queued for Mass Race we didn't get any Versus credit, unfortunately.

Great game that is a lot of fun; just wish there were more Store options as well as better Backtracking... Sometimes you go off course then get stuck behind a tree or some signs and it just ruins your run ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tranquility101 said:

Great game that is a lot of fun; just wish there were more Store options as well as better Backtracking... Sometimes you go off course then get stuck behind a tree or some signs and it just ruins your run 1f913.png

My sentiments exactly. I'm enjoying the game but these aspects of the game have been a little annoying. The lack of store options really threw me. This type of game seems like it would be filled with items to customize your character but everything seems to be built into playing more to keep unlocking stuff.

• Like 1

Second day of playing and you guys weren't lying :D..

Around ~25 FFA matches completed no trouble finding matches ~1min max waiting time even at 2am in the morning (EU)

15 Mass races completed

currently working towards 30 districts captures (24 while typing)

I'm finding matches in no time. Map feels like a huge MMO 

• 5 months later...

I'd say it is!

Mass races have zero issue with matchmaking, there's often multiple instances of it spawn even if you turn up late (5min entry window) you'll have a lobby. 
FFA was definitely easier around daylight hours for your region (I'm not 100% sure if there's regions you connect to but it definitely felt it because night time UK time was d e a d for FFA, but mass races still had no issue) and it can take anywhere from 1-10 minutes to matchmake into a race. So not terrible if you have it open while you work on anything else - it'll automatically quit out whatever race you're in at the time to load you into the FFA race

Tricks Battle - this one definitely had smaller windows of opportunity I felt. I did it over two days during UK afternoon when queues were popping and I didn't want to risk it not happening. 

TL;DR It's active enough to plat it without too much trouble, just might take a little smidge of patience/non-degen hours gameplay to get FFA/Tricks Battle done 

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, JunkSkelington said:

Okay i take it back trying to search for FFA games is really bad. You wait 10-30 minutes to play a 90 second game and have to do this 50 times. 

It depends on the current running FFA event, some are much more popular than others. Showdown isn't a popular listing, and this week turning FFA into solo Showdown is pretty meh. When FFA is races or tricks and you're playing in peak hours you'll get around 3-5min ques. Which still isn't super fast, but it isn't awful. Helps when weeklies include MP challenges along with sponsor resets.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

It depends on the current running FFA event, some are much more popular than others. Showdown isn't a popular listing, and this week turning FFA into solo Showdown is pretty meh. When FFA is races or tricks and you're playing in peak hours you'll get around 3-5min ques. Which still isn't super fast, but it isn't awful. Helps when weeklies include MP challenges along with sponsor resets.

That's good to hear, was hoping it was just the weekly event keeping it dead. Luckily you can still fast travel and fly around getting collectibles while in queue for a game. 

• 4 months later...

I spoke with someone the other day who said they're having trouble finding FFA games and other stuff and told me to trade the game in for something else because this platinum would be difficult to achieve since its not very active atm, is this true? should I trade it in for another game ? I don't wanna start the game then not finish it

I'm in the EU if that matters 

9 hours ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

I don't think I've ever had a problem finding games, I mean it may take a couple of mins but it's never gone higher than 6 mins so I'd say it's fairly active and it's just a fun game to play regardless of whether you get the plat for it or not.

okay thank you very much !?

9 hours ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

Recently went back to do the FFA and mass race trophies. Personally I didn’t have to wait longer than 5 minutes for either, best tips I found was to search in the evenings (local time) and weekends for best results. 

thank you for the reply! Will defo give it a go ?

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm it’s still fairly active - even 60 player mass races fill up in no time at all (though it does help that you don’t have to go manually searching for it, the other modes would benefit from that).

Tricks Battle seems more popular than FFA but I did find they were both a little less active during the week, so I suggest focusing on them at the weekends. I got lucky with FFA as this week’s switched to a 1v1 BMX battle, making it super quick to find someone; before then it was a trick race that needed about 12 people and I’d be waiting a lot longer if I left it too late in the evening to get on. But really it hasn’t been too challenging to get everything done.

• Like 2