Games leaving PS Now (They finally added a leaving section)

GUDGER666

5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

You need to get an actual life, and not constantly rag on people that you disagree with. Just a life tip, you know?

Seeing Silent Hill HD Collection and Metal Gear Solid 4 hurts. Two great classics (Silent Hill HD Collection is Silent Hill 2 & 3 but you get my point) that helped push the envelope in the world of gaming.

Wishful thinking, but maybe we get the original PS1 and PS2 releases of the Silent Hill series in the Retro tier. But this is Konami we are talking about.

2 minutes ago, NewDust said:

Wishful thinking, but maybe we get the original PS1 and PS2 releases of the Silent Hill series in the Retro tier. But this is Konami we are talking about.

We all know Konami is dead, although we've been getting their retro gaming collections which is nice. Going to rejoice and piss in my pants with the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle collection releases. TMNT: Turtles in Time was the absolute shit.

Hopefully this was just the timing for their renewal and they are letting the licenses suspend for a couple of months so that when they relaunch PS+ they can add a large volume of "new" games to the service at the same time.

GTA: Vice City Definitive was announced as leaving on May 2nd when it was added in late January, the web store shows it as leaving May 3rd @ midday.

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Update: Cleaned up the list. 

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow now also shows leaving May 17th. I checked earlier and it didn't say it, so they might be slowly updating the entire Konami library to be removed. I see you already added it to your list.

Edited by NewDust
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 10:33 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Update, a bunch of Sega games leaving PS3. Non of these show as leaving UK store yet for me, but show on NA. 

Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Altered Beast
Comic zone
Crazy Taxi
Fighting Vipers
Nights into Dreams
Renegade Ops
Sega Bass Fishing
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic CD (3rd) 

I should probably purchase these, too. For all we know, they could be delisted from PS3's store soon. And anything else Sega related.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 9:13 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Seriously? 3 years? I don’t have PS Now, but honestly the PS3 catalogue seems like the entire reason why myself or anyone else would even want to sign up for this service.

It's the only reason I subbed originally. To try out stuff like Ben 10 Omniverse (and it's sequel) which were there at the time. It's neat to be able to re-earn a platinum of a PS3 version of a game I already played on PS4 and don't want to buy again (like LEGO games). It's short sighted to forsake older games imo. Yeah you can't download them, but that's Sony not wanting to open the can of worms of b/c actually not being shitty. I can't believe PS5 can't at least somewhat emulate the PS3 enough to play games. It's two generations in the future. If anyone can do it they should be able to, they just don't want to.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 7:08 AM, Elvick_ said:

It's the only reason I subbed originally. ...they should be able to, they just don't want to.

They marketed PS Now — and now Premium — on the fact that you could play games which are now very hard to find at a reasonable price and hardware which is no longer sold. Almost false advertising at this point, at least until they show us what games will be added with the switch over; only reason I even believe that games are being added is because Now has no PS1 games and only the console ports of PSP games, so those at least will need to be included for the original statement to be true.

9 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Catherine is no longer marked as leaving in US.

Anything on the other SEGA/Atlus titles? Thought I would have enough time to blaze through most of them but NiGHTS Into Dreams took longer than I expected, and Crazy Taxi is supposed to have some hangups in it as well...

• 2 weeks later...

I could be completely wrong here, but I wouldn't stress too much over this.

If Japan PS Now is anything to go by then it's just region differences. If you compare the current lineup in Japan with the one on Europe or US there's around 200 games missing between the 2.

And of course, PS3 games aren't available in the Asia market, no idea how many of those will actually leave after the merge. Don't forget, the blog post mentions 700+ games for EU and US and Asia somehow only got 300-400 games 

If you want to play it safe, I would play anything that's not currently on the Asia lineup. Start from licensed games like Adventure Time and Ben 10, maybe also do some Bethesda and Double Fine games since those are most likely to leave the service

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

I could be completely wrong here, but I wouldn't stress too much over this.

If Japan PS Now is anything to go by then it's just region differences. 

Most of the games that left are currently available in NA/EU. 

unless its something like shadow warrior 3 where theres a confirmed leaving date id take it with a grain of salt untill a timer shows up. Theres a lot of games that aren't on us/eu now(i remember japan got the trails of cold steel quadrilogy a month or so back and that have yokai watch 4 which im still pissed never got localized for ps4) so i doubt its gonna be that many. A few will definitely be gone but certainly not 200.

16 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

unless its something like shadow warrior 3 where theres a confirmed leaving date id take it with a grain of salt untill a timer shows up. Theres a lot of games that aren't on us/eu now(i remember japan got the trails of cold steel quadrilogy a month or so back and that have yokai watch 4 which im still pissed never got localized for ps4) so i doubt its gonna be that many. A few will definitely be gone but certainly not 200.

If 250+ have left and been replaced in Asia i don't see why it wouldn't happen in NA/EU, especially when 100s have already left and not even been replaced. 

Edited by GUDGER666

3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

If 250+ have left and been replaced in Asia i don't see why it wouldn't happen in NA/EU, especially when 100s have already left and not even been replaced. 

This is the first time the service has come out in Asia countries besides Japan.

Dw too much about it, I highly doubt 200 games will dissappear like that. I would hate to be proven wrong here. 

Best option is to wait for it to come out in Japan and see if the line up changes too much there. And still it wouldn't be the best comparation. 

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Just a warning that a mass clear out could be coming. Around 250 games left in Asia, and that was just PS4 games.  Anything that Sony didn't put in their list could be leaving. 

This is my biggest concern with the transition into PS+ Premium. I imagine that the PS Now launcher will no longer be used for game launching, meaning that we'll lose the ability to access the majority of PS Now's existing library. It looks like PS+ Premium titles will be accessed directly from the PS Store instead. The worst part about this is that there are quite a few physical-exclusive PS3 titles on PS Now that would cost an arm and a leg to purchase otherwise.

• Like 1