Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

Well mine comes from the "Sidewinder" snake, which lives in the desert (and is :awesome:!)

Here is a video that pretty much sums it up:

Another reference the Sidewinder which I also like is the AIM-9 Sidewinder heat-seeking air-to-air missile :D

220px-AIM-9L_DF-ST-82-10199.jpg220px-AIM-9R_shot.jpg

The 21X was just added on because obviously "Sidewinder" was taken (along with every other name I could think up! :angry:). With 21 being my favourite number :)

I have used the name Sidewinder since my early PC gaming days on Call of Duty 4, and it has stuck ever since, with my friends referring to me as "Side".

Mine was supposed to be TerminusEst, which is always my username everywhere. It originally comes from Castlevania Symphony of the Night. There's a sword in there with that name, and I just thought the name was so awesome when i first saw it. Means, in Latin, this is the end, point of separation, something like that...Castlevania refers to a sword from a fantasy novel, which was designed for decapitation, and the blade has mercury in or on it or something, to prevent coagulation.

I always thought that was funny, given what the sword was built for.

Except someone already had TerminusEst as a username...bleh. So I didn't know what to use after that. Tried TerminusCrow, that didn't work either...so i just kept adding random goth words until something happened, and voila, TerminusCross, lawlz.

• Like 2

When I used to play Midnight Cub: Los Angeles on the PSP, I was thinking about a username I can use for not just that game, but for almost every other game I would play. K9_Rage came to mind, simply because I thought it sounded cool (and I'm a dog person). Not long later I got Internet access at my cousin's house through my PSP, and I created a PSN account. I added _Mastr, because I thought it also sounded cool and made me look badass (which two years later I know damn well it doesn't). There you go, K9_Rage_Mastr. :)

• Like 1

First, i had MonkeyEatWorld, which is obviously related to the band "JimmyEatWorld".

I decided to change it to clean up the trophies, and made "xFakeDecoyx_x96x"

I hated that name the day after i made it. I don't know what i was thinking. I would have been fine with FakeDecoy.

Finally, I made my final account, and wanted something origanal. Someone in my list had the name "agarzaiv". I liked the general sound of that, so i used the "zai" part of that.

The other half "zen" comes from a sophmore world history class i was taking. Thhe rest, well i didn'y know what to put, so i just stuck a "ro" in there to make it sound better.

Before the "ro", it was going to be "zainezen".

I pronounce it z-eye-ra-zen.

• 1 month later...

I wanted my PSN ID to relate to me (howsoever obscurely) unlike some of the other IDs that I have chosen in the past that really were just random/whimsical choices.

I was born in 1977; the year of the 'Snake' according to the old Chinese calendar. So, I pulled out the old Merriam-Webster dictionary, and looked up the scientific genus of the snake, and came up with Ophidia (pronounced "oh-fi-deuh"). Sounded unique enough, so I went with it.

Amazing how much of personality and life-experience goes into a username ... i'm having a lot good of readings ... keep em coming ...

I totally agree, it is neat finding out how people came up with their ID's. Mine is not too special. My first name is Daniel and I leave in Vermont, hence DanielVT. I guess I will have to keep the name even when/if I move away to another state LOL

Mine comes from the F-Zero and Smash Bros star 'Captain Falcon'.

Back during Smash Bros and Melee, I often enjoyed playing as him. Though it was his awesomeness in the original Bros that had the impact on me to create the name when the time came.

That and before hand I had been on several Nintendo forums under the name.

As for my username...

First, I had huge respect for a combo creator called Player 538. This is where I got Senshu, it's basically a general translation for "Player", and I had to have my own number like 538 so.....

I'm a huge Konami fan, ever since. Castlevania, Suikoden, MGS, SIlent Hill...since their PS1 games, I've been totally specializing myself in their games, I've created reviews, FAQS, or even translations. That's where I got my 573.

:)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...