The Last of Us price not dropping? :( anyone know why?

uVclouDz

Being a flagship title that hasn't had many predicesors, unlike titles like Assassin's Creed or Batman, combined with the factor that it has seen as many awards as it has -- it just hasn't been something necessary.

A majority of the copies have already sold around launch time, if not near the end of 2013; it's really only been out for less than seven months.

It has seen a few seasonal discounts; even a console bundle for 2013 Holiday.

Will it ever get a price drop? Sure. It'll probably drop to $40 in the next month or so. But because of it's fiscal success, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the DLC made it's way out first.

• Like 1

Due to the success of the game, The Last of Us will probably be 60 dollars for a while longer since it's has been months since it was release, People are still willing to buy it even at that price, Hell I am actually considering to buy it myself even at that price (but i am saving for a PS vita, so I probably won't buy it yet) and when I do buy it, chance are that it will still be above 40 dollars cause the game is consider a Masterpiece by many gamers.

Amazon has it for $30-$40 new.

Well, we know someone who doesn't buy games online, don't we?

Just order it online as mentioned above or go to a store that offers a price check like best buy and get it for the same price without having to wait for shipping. 

It's rather simple when you think about it, man, and a few people here have alluded to it already: it's a game that will continue to sell at full-price for another few months because of its sterling reviews and reputation amongst gamers. The Last of Us is one of those universally lauded things that are a rarity in any medium, so if you were Naughty Dog and, say, Gamestop, wouldn't you continue to sell the game at the highest price until sale figures go down? It's basic business, my friend; don't drop the price until sales figures drop, then drop the price a little bit to lure more customers and raise the sales figures, rinse repeat. In other words, people are still buying the shit out of the game, and will probably continue to do so because it's being hailed as the greatest game ever by more than a few, and Gamestop and other companies know this. 

• 4 weeks later...

The price for The Last of Us is still high because so many people are playing it and want it. It's just as popular now as when it was first released,if not more so. It's a lot of money for a game that's been out almost a year,but trust me,every cent you spend for this game is worth it. :)

• Like 1

Agreed, honestly I'm not going to forget the first time I played the game, and when I started to play Left Behind I felt like I w living in a parallel universe or something like that cause It was like too good to be true, I'm glad it was real  :lol:

Pretty much. Left Behind was so amazing. I was so into the game,and it was just like when I played Tlou for the first time. Game is perfect :)

• Like 1