[VIDEO] 1 500 000 credits per hour

OverHypedG

4 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

That's great news, I was almost certain it would be patched but there was still a bit of hope since it was just recently discovered so perhaps PD just didn't have time to patch it yet.

Or maybe because you can 'play' with car's tuning and change the PP,  this is so intentional and within the limits of how to play the game and it just was undiscovered, it will stay as it is! 

8 minutes ago, Steva24 said:

Or maybe because you can 'play' with car's tuning and change the PP,  this is so intentional and within the limits of how to play the game and it just was undiscovered, it will stay as it is! 

Unlikely. It completely breaks the balance of the game for online races in that PP range. They probably will fix it by the end of this month. Apparently the current build was compiled 3 days ago, so they might not have caught on yet.

41 minutes ago, J_Chmielinski said:

Unlikely. It completely breaks the balance of the game for online races in that PP range. They probably will fix it by the end of this month. Apparently the current build was compiled 3 days ago, so they might not have caught on yet.

Agreed, this is not how PD intended for the game to be played. As I see it there's two ways this could be fixed, either make changes to how PP works or simply add more restrictions to the race so that the Tomahawk can't be used. Adding restrictions to the race would be the less riskier approach as changing how PP works might accidentally break something else.

In any case, I'm sure this will be fixed in the next patch.

I think the deal with the Tomahawk is more like a Dev hidden option to test if races are working as intended than actually an error in the PP equation.

They just never expected that someone would find out the setup, because it's something so specific. 

That's the only reason why I see that it only gives the under 600 pp if we use the exact same gear ratios mentioned in the guide, if they aren't exactly the same, it gives a value over 1000 pp (same if we add ballast to the car, and to achieve the required gear ratio values, we need to go through some loop holes). And if we have installed a different set of tires, it gives an error.

I'm quite sure that they can shutdown this somewhat easily. Still, the current patch was really just a minor thing to quick fix the Brand Central invitations, I'm sure that the will address this in the next patch.

Are you sure have EXACTLY the same settings? AFAIK the settings have to match exactly the ones in the video, especially the gear ratios are easy to accidentally get wrong. Also make sure you're using racing hard tires and that you lower the power to 70% under both ECU - Output Adjustment and Performance Adjustment - Power Restrictor.

I followed the instructions in the video and got the glitch to work on my first attempt.

Edited by Janire1911

My first races using the tomahawk were an absolute disaster, non stop penalties and crashes. Now after around 12 races I've managed to get the time down to 16 minutes and 30 seconds with a fastest lap op 1:10.0. Even though it is a glitch and shouldn't be happening, I find this to be good fun and I'm really enjoying finding every second to optimise my time. 

Edited by DutchJordi

I'm fairly certain that it is impossible NOT to get the clean bonus on this race.  I had several full speed rams into other cars spinning them and myself out, and several full speed rams into walls resulting in over a full minute in combined penalty time, and still got the clean race bonus.

I'm guessing clean race bonus only goes away if you go off track or knock another car off track, but since this is a completely walled in track, it makes going off the track impossible.

Thanks for this Tomahawk video! Playing on PS4 Pro this method works too, finally a way to get credits pretty fast :)

I was driving WTC700 championship (using Alfa Romeo 4C Gr4, Porsche Taycan Turbo S or Toyota Supra GT500) that gives 390.000 to 510.000 credits per approximately 30-35 Minutes. Didn't get along with the endurance races, in championship you don't have to bother about fuel and tyres and it's still faster (if yout get all bonus) than driving 1hr for 825.000 Cr.

825.000 Cr in 15-20 Minutes with Tomahawk is far better, thanks!

Thanks so much for posting that Tomahawk video. I saw there was maintenance scheduled for Monday morning, so I've spent the weekend trying to get as much money as possible. Managed to get enough saved for the 2 Legendary cars I'm missing as well as get the Audi R18 TDI, BMW Gr.3 & a couple of cars off my wishlist.
I'm really hoping this doesn't get patched, it's such a chill way to get decent money.

• Like 1

Numerous people on the GT subreddit are saying it still works, you just have to adjust the setup a bit.

https://old.reddit.com/r/granturismo/comments/ubhpw3/pp_calculation_still_glitched/

I will try it out for myself in a couple of hours. Hopefully I can get the rest of the cars off my wishlist.

Edited by EIdain
  • Like 1

I was able to recreate my setup for Rain Intermediate tires, will try to see if I can recreate it for the Rain Intermediate tires at the start with "permission" to change to Racing Medium in-race (that was what I was using, 5 laps on Rain Intermediate, then pit, fuel+Racing Medium and continue to the end of the race).

Edit:

Got my setup back! (kind of...)

I think my suspension settings are the default ones, the gear settings are the usual ones for the glitch.

The personal things:

Tires: Racing Intermediate (or Racing Medium)

ECU Output Adjustment: 90%

Ballast: 120

Ballast Position: 0

Power Restritor: 100%

If you want to "fix" an older glitched setup back to 600 pp, just change the ballast by increasing 1 kg at a time and checking, eventually you should find one value that will put it in the 600 pp range.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EIdain said:

Numerous people on the GT subreddit are saying it still works, you just have to adjust the setup a bit.

https://old.reddit.com/r/granturismo/comments/ubhpw3/pp_calculation_still_glitched/

I will try it out for myself in a couple of hours. Hopefully I can get the rest of the cars off my wishlist.

I confirm this setup is working so go ahead and use it while you still can!

Even if the Tomahawk does get fixed you can do the Sardegna track with Gr. 2 car and using max lean fuel. I have used both the NSX GT500 and the GT-R GT500, both of these cars only need hard racing tries and nothing else. Both will be below the 800pp mark naturally out of the box with the tires. 

By the time you pit on lap 10 everyone will have done a pit plus more. For the last 5 laps use max power for max fun. Using a Gr. 2 car makes the race fairly fast and consistent. Only takes 25min.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Assuming you've already done the original method for the glitch all you need to change is the following:

• ECU - Change 70 to 90

• Ballast - increase this to 3kg

• Power restrictor- change 70 to 90

This worked perfectly, the PP with these settings changed is 594.97.