New Launcher coming in May for PlayStation

Lord_Bane999

19 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

Nope. No issue here. Just bought my items and even pop the trophy.

Edit: Nevermind. Read the question wrong. You're buying directly from the PSN store and not the in-game store 1f602.png

Even clicking the in-store options gives me an error. If you're fine then hopefully it's because of the March 23rd system update. 

I decided to contact the Fall Guys support team myself to clear up confusion hopefully. Here is what I sent them and how they replied back to me -

My email to them -

Hey, I have a question relating to the new launcher and how it will affect trophies. You guys put up a FAQ page that says the old trophy list will be removed/deleted. Does this actually mean that my trophy list will be deleted and replaced with an identical list tied to the new launcher or will I now have two trophy lists, one of which will be discontinued.

Im a trophy hunter and I haven't managed to get 100% of the trophies on the current list and I don't wanna be stuck at some arbitrary trophy % without the ability to ever finish it.

My hope is that the old trophy list will be removed from my profile so that I don't have a trophy list that is literally impossible to earn trophies on. I hope you guys can clear this up for me.

Their reply -

Heya Dexlucis, 

Thanks so much for contacting us today! I'll be happy to answer your questions ;)

Yes! The old trophy list will be removed and replaced with a new one when the new launcher goes live, this means that you won't have an unfinished achievement list in your profile. 

If there is something else we can help you with, please do not hesitate in coming back with us. 

Kind regards, 

Abe
Fall Guys Player Support

Edited by TVDex252
  • Like 3

I created an account just for this. I had an email exchange with them as well and as I don’t know how to post pics on here, I will try to explain how it went down (but short it down). M=me, S=support.

M: first email

S: standard response

M: I have seen this info. Will I have two lists on my PSN profile, one of which is incomplete?

S: When the old launcher ceases to exist, the old trophy list ceases to exist.

M: Is this even possible? I have never heard of this before.

S: It is possible and is what will happen in this case.

M: To clarify, my list on my personal PSN profile looks like:

- Fall Guys 70%
- Batman Arkham Origins 58%
- Tomb Raider 100%
Will the new one be added and the old one removed so my list looks exactly the same, or will it look like:

- Fall Guys 70%
- Fall Guys 70% (unobtainable final 30%)

- Tomb Raider 100%

S: Your first statement is correct. The old 70% list will be removed and replaced with the new 70% list. There will not be 2 separate lists.

M: One person who opened the new launcher now has 2 lists with 100% completion. Will the first one he had be removed when the old launcher disappears?

S (new person): According to the information we've received from the Devs, the old list will be removed entirely, so you needn't worry about an unfinished list lingering in your profile.

The final one is what really makes me unsure again, lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tombwarrior97 said:

I created an account just for this. I had an email exchange with them as well and as I don’t know how to post pics on here, I will try to explain how it went down (but short it down). M=me, S=support.

M: first email

S: standard response

M: I have seen this info. Will I have two lists on my PSN profile, one of which is incomplete?

S: When the old launcher ceases to exist, the old trophy list ceases to exist.

M: Is this even possible? I have never heard of this before.

S: It is possible and is what will happen in this case.

M: To clarify, my list on my personal PSN profile looks like:

- Fall Guys 70%
- Tomb Raider 100%
Will the new one be added and the old one removed so my list looks exactly the same, or will it look like:

- Fall Guys 70%
- Fall Guys 70% (unobtainable final 30%)

- Tomb Raider 100%

S: Your first statement is correct. The old 70% list will be removed and replaced with the new 70% list. There will not be 2 separate lists.

M: One person who opened the new launcher now has 2 lists with 100% completion. Will the first one he had be removed when the old launcher disappears?

S (new person): According to the information we've received from the Devs, the old list will be removed entirely, so you needn't worry about an unfinished list lingering in your profile.

The final one is what really makes me unsure again, lol.

Yeah the support team seems to all be saying the same thing, its going to be removed on May 9th. So either we're about to see a first in Playstation trophy history or the dev team gave them some REALLY bad information.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

Yeah the support team seems to all be saying the same thing, its going to be removed on May 9th. So either we're about to see a first in Playstation trophy history or the dev team gave them some REALLY bad information.

Yeah, pretty much. I’m not taking any chances - doing what I can to get those legendary pieces, but it’s brutal.

If they wanted to do that properly they should have just added the new launcher to existing trophy list. We saw that it is possible with the games like Okami HD. Why spawn new list and then confuse people is beyond my understanding. 

• Like 3

The old trophy list won't get removed. If removing trophy lists was possible, Sony would have deleted all those test trophy lists that pop up in here after every major console release or trophy update release. 

Unless they suddenly changed the rules, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just another case of support not being given enough info to work on

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tombwarrior97 said:

They have a survey for feedback on their Instagram, perhaps it’s worth filling it out with our wishes for legendary items in an event/featured items. If enough people make noise…

Here's the link to the survey: https://linktr.ee/FallGuysGame

Adding on to this, if players are interested in providing feedback I would also recommend filling out a suggestion/feedback ticket for Fall Guys Support at https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-us/requests/new since that directly links to your account as a player.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KCF392 said:

Here's the link to the survey: https://linktr.ee/FallGuysGame

Adding on to this, if players are interested in providing feedback I would also recommend filling out a suggestion/feedback ticket for Fall Guys Support at https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-us/requests/new since that directly links to your account as a player.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 7:31 AM, KenjiCBZ said:

If the old trophy list gets deleted, I guess that means that every milestone achieved after earning the original Platinum gets screwed. No thanks.

Oooh I never thought of this, I put a lot of thought and energy into my milestones, don’t want to see that lol

On 25/03/2022 at 1:31 PM, KenjiCBZ said:

If the old trophy list gets deleted, I guess that means that every milestone achieved after earning the original Platinum gets screwed. No thanks.

Something like this has already happened to me. Not sure due to which game, however - I just know I made sure that Minecraft plat for PS4 was my 1000th trophy, and it was. Then at some point, it wasn’t anymore, according to PSNprofiles.

• Like 2

I think that with "deleted" they simply mean that a new player starting the NEW fall guys won't be able to install the previous trophy list, due to the fact that it will be, in fact, deleted. Anyone who installed the original trophy list and has at least 1 trophy will not be able to remove the list anymore.

There have been few cases of trophies whose requirement got altered, or new trophies were added to the base game, but I'm sure that there has never been a trophy that was truly deleted, let alone a full trophy list.

Just remember what support from WB said about Mad Max, you can't trust anyone's word from supports if it is related to trophies.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

Just remember what support from WB said about Mad Max, you can't trust anyone's word from supports if it is related to trophies.

This in a nutshell^

Frontline customer support, cannot be trusted to give reliable and accurate info where trophies are concerned.