Worth a Platinum?

I am personally willing to sink a maximum of 120 hours into this game the roadmap is fine it is a huge game and it was really hyped so they had to add extra content here and there I love lego game plats but they are really tedious I usually only do games where I have decent progress for 100% completion like around 50ish this game is long but I am ready for this platinum journey only after all collectible glitches are fixed 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Too, it depends on how you feel about the Star Wars source material as a whole. I sense this Plat won’t feel long and boring because of the enjoyment I’m having at a casual pace but if it were a brand I was only semi interested in, I can see where it would feel tedious. For a Star Wars fan, it’s a dream and truly one of the better Star War games overall, IMO. Having all films covered, the nostalgia feels, all the bells and whistles, and the mass quantity of characters and call backs is wonderful.

• Like 4

I’ve never platted a LEGO game (the cleanup is too long and too much of a collectathon for my liking) so I am sure I won’t invest the time for a platinum here.  But I will definitely play it as Star Wars is a franchise I really like.

If I do go back and platinum a LEGO game, it will most likely be Force Awakens as I don’t think that is as long as other LEGO games I’ve played (Marvel Superheroes, Avengers, Batman 3)?

Ok, I am pretty close to Platinum in LEGO Rock Band but that has 2 very difficult trophies remaining.

• Like 2

I don't even have 50% completion yet in trophies or even the game itself, I think. I will give this advice: wait a bit longer before trying to get all the collectibles. None have glitched for me yet, but Kyber Brick glitches and the like are really common right now. 

Most people should probably wait to get a lot of the collectables a few weeks to even a few months from now. 

I'd like to get the platinum for this game, but I don't know if I will ever end up getting it. I've never gotten a platinum for a Lego game, and this is the longest one yet.

I have a really unpopular opinion about this game, but you might want to hear it. To me, this is the worst LEGO game since quite some time. I only played the first movie, but I doubt the formula will change. The game doesn't really have LEGO levels the way you knew them. The whole first movie was just walking from point A to point B in "open" world, with 5 levels in between. 3 of them are races, 1 is a boss fight, and in 1 you have to collect some stuff and play a little minigame, every one of them takes like 5 minutes to finish. I was waiting for an actual level to show up, but I realised it's never really coming. They just totally scrapped the usual levels, where you follow the story, fight a lot, do puzzles, and later you replay it with different characters for the 100%, now it's all just races and bossfights, takes 2 minutes for the true jedi, 5 minutes to finish, and the only similiar level to the oldschool ones is the one where you collect stuff and play a little minigame, but it's like 1% of what it once were. There is more stuff in the open world to do, but I find it pretty boring, that said, I never liked in in the previous games. The only think that I like about it is the new fighting system, but on the other hand I really miss unique finishers from different characters, unless they are in, and I just didn't have a chance to see one. I really liked LEGO plats/100% and I've been collecting them across multiple platforms for years, but this one seems like a stretch. I will keep playing for now, but the game is a huge disappointment to me.
Please note that it's just my opinion, I'm very happy for everyone enjoying the hell out of this game.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, W0ndrful101 said:

I have a really unpopular opinion about this game, but you might want to hear it. To me, this is the worst LEGO game since quite some time. I only played the first movie, but I doubt the formula will change. The game doesn't really have LEGO levels the way you knew them. The whole first movie was just walking from point A to point B in "open" world, with 5 levels in between. 3 of them are races, 1 is a boss fight, and in 1 you have to collect some stuff and play a little minigame, every one of them takes like 5 minutes to finish. I was waiting for an actual level to show up, but I realised it's never really coming. They just totally scrapped the usual levels, where you follow the story, fight a lot, do puzzles, and later you replay it with different characters for the 100%, now it's all just races and bossfights, takes 2 minutes for the true jedi, 5 minutes to finish, and the only similiar level to the oldschool ones is the one where you collect stuff and play a little minigame, but it's like 1% of what it once were. There is more stuff in the open world to do, but I find it pretty boring, that said, I never liked in in the previous games. The only think that I like about it is the new fighting system, but on the other hand I really miss unique finishers from different characters, unless they are in, and I just didn't have a chance to see one. I really liked LEGO plats/100% and I've been collecting them across multiple platforms for years, but this one seems like a stretch. I will keep playing for now, but the game is a huge disappointment to me.
Please note that it's just my opinion, I'm very happy for everyone enjoying the hell out of this game.

Played a lot of the original style ones like Lego Star 2 and Complete Saga, Indiana Jones, Batman, both Harry Potters, and then whilst I haven't played this new Star Wars, I have played Ninjago: The Movie, and DC Super Villains. 

I much preferred the old style hub and mission select way, over the new open world format that the Lego games have. The old ones had that tease of an area where you couldn't through on your original playthrough, e.g. a bounty hunter door, or a room where you needed Killer Croc in Batman, that you were excited to go back on free play to checkout. The original run was also good, at making your solve the puzzles, using the characters available, e.g. creating a bridge, rather than just using R2-D2 to fly across. 

Whilst the new ones are visually cool with the open-world, they've lost all the original charm, (especially the ones with voice acting, that is a sin against half the fun of the Lego games), so it's lost its slapstick and visual humour. With DC Super Villains especially, there was no motivation to use any other character but a flying one as it would take ages to traverse from Gotham to Metropolis all the time, I just used Black Adam for 90% of my platinum run, as he could run through the toxic waste as well.

Some of the roots of this did come from the earlier era as well tbf, the use of the analogue stick for example to build, rather than just using circle to build, was heavily used in the Harry Potter ones. I think that worked well in that one because it was replicating using a wand, but I think they went a bit overkill with it in some the later games. 

Still I think they are good games, and are simple enough platinums to warrant going for them. Just wish some of the older ones, like Complete Saga, had a trophy list originally!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, W0ndrful101 said:

Episode 1 does stick out a bit in terms of gimmick levels, most later episodes have just 1 flying level. However the levels are shorter compared to old ones but I guess you have to take into account how huge this game is and it wouldn’t really be possible to make 9 films with levels as long as they used to be!

• Like 3

I can understand if people do not want to go for the Platinum for this game, it's a BIG game and there is a lot of planets, areas and collectables to grab in this game.... however, while I might be playing it a lot at the moment as I have been doing other things this week... I'm going for the double platinum! PS5 first and then a break before the PS4 version... I love Lego games. what can I say?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Potter13579 said:

It's definitely worth the platinum, but it's probably not worth to do the platinum twice with no autopop....but I'm gonna do it anyway for Star Wars.

Nearly done with PS4 but not sure I could do PS5, couldn’t stomach alllll those collectibles again no matter how much I love Star Wars. Maybe in a few years!

• Like 1

I think I will just do the ps4 version then I am done. I personally love lego plats I have 2 of the best lego game plats myself which are both from the lego marvel collection. But I don't like the grind but just for this game I will do the liberty of getting more than a 1000 collectibles but I can't do it twice because it becomes boring, repetitive, and grindy my order is coming on the 12th of April but I will wait till 30ish April before starting to get collectible bugs outta the way. A little off topic but I might do lego marvel superheroes 2 after I have cleared skywalker saga and a few other games.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:46 AM, Potter13579 said:

It's definitely worth the platinum, but it's probably not worth to do the platinum twice with no autopop....but I'm gonna do it anyway for Star Wars.

Sounds about right. I'm playing on PS4. Don't know if I'll platinum the game or not. But with how long it is, there is virtually no way at all I would ever platinum it twice. 

I could see myself years from now playing on PS5 (don't have one yet) just to redo the campaign and some miscellaneous things. But double plat playthroughs? Nope. 

• Like 1

On 10/04/2022 at 7:37 AM, W0ndrful101 said:

Hey, I've read your opinion about the first movie and that was exactly what I've seen in reddit yesterday. But there, the guy also played the movies IV and V and he said that it was a completely different experience comparing to the first one. I would give a chance on this.

Edited by ChuckieH

To answer your question I would solely depend that on if you like the lego games and more so how much you like Star Wars, because if you don’t like both I’m sure you’ll burn out early.

It’s a fairly fresh take on the lego formula, personally I love it and think it was a step in the right direction, it blows force awakens out of the water for me. Also it would’ve been pretty hard not to make it feel “deja-vu” to the previous games if the level formula stayed the same. 

As for the powerpyx platinum guide I think the hour estimate is very generous. I’ve about 12 hours of actual playtime and I’ve finished the story, have pre sequels 100% free play, and have done a good bit in the hubs as well. I realize the hubs are the biggest part but 20 hours sounds like enough time to get all the story complete + free play clean up for sure.

Edited by Heziip
  • Like 2

Iv'e only played 4 levels so I can't fully judge what the games going to be like but I have an idea how it will be. Up to now I'm dissapointed with the game, the levels themselves have only been 5-10 minutes long and most of the collectables seem to be in the open world area, not in the levels themselves. I expected a lot of the collectables to be in the open world areas but not most of them which at first was overwhemling as I was thinking when is a level actually going to start, instead of traveling to different planets (hubs). Navigating through the menus too is a real hastle too. I was hoping it were going to be more like the complete saga on the PS3 but bigger as to me that is the best Lego game iv'e played, but no, a lot of it looks like it's just filler... I may be wrong as iv'e not played through the game fully.

Edited by ZachBoardyHD
  • Like 2