PS3 (4.89) & Vita (3.74) Require Device Password & Remove Account Creation on System

Maxie_M0us3

On 21/05/2022 at 10:03 AM, RuLZek said:

How ? I tested over 10 times now. Whenever I launch alt acc game it immediately removes my main acc profile from trophies app. Never happened that before newest update.

same here man

5 hours ago, El_Moedor said:

are you sure man? I tested it today and I couldn't, because when you click on the trophies tab in the account that has the game, vita asks to log in again and then it doesn't synchronize the trophies with our account. Can you tell me how you are doing and is it working please?

I am not using it, just read about it here, but I see you've already asked in this topic also:

Hi everyone, so i was wondering if anyone has faced this issue before but after the latest update i can't sign into my ps3 of course it tells me to set up a device password and brings up a barcode and i followed these steps but when i enter the new device setup password; here's the catch. It DOES let me in and asks me to proceed to playstation store when i press X it kicks me out and asks me to re enter the password so i type the old device setup password it doesn't work i generate a NEW password and still doesn't work it asks to set up a device setup password with a giant barcode i'm stuck on this endless loop nightmare. However when i delete my user and create a new one enter my email and device setup. Again it DOES let me in but i can't do anything else from there. same issue with different ps3's am i locked out of my account forever? did anyone face this and managed to fix it? please let me know.

Found this on reddit. Seem to be a glitch that happens with sever. Only fix it to wait a day then try again. Hope this help

Copyed for reddit?

For whatever reason I kept getting a server response error when attempting to generate the device password using device-password URL noted in other comments. Maybe this is only a temporary because seems like others have been successful with that very recently. ?

I was able to set device password from my PS3 using instructions below. First you sign into your PSN account on a computer the normal way using 2FA then you navigate as described below to setup you device password:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/account/2sv-psn-login/

PS3 Console and PS Vita: set up 2SV

You cannot activate 2SV on your PS3 console or PS Vita/TV system. You need to activate it through Account Management, a PS5 console or a PS4 console using the guides above.

1 Once 2SV is activated, sign in to Account Management and select Security.

2 Make sure 2-Step Verification is enabled and select Device Setup Password > Generate New Password.

3 On your PS3 console or PS Vita/TV system, enter your sign-in ID (email address) and the Device Setup Password. This will verify the device.

4 Tick the box to enable auto sign-in. If you choose not to enable auto sign-in, you will need to enter this Device Setup Password each time you sign-in.

5 Select Done and repeat on all your devices*

*If you authorise the same device twice, it will be linked to two passwords in your Device Setup Password list, but you can revoke a password and generate a new one any time.

9 hours ago, Zid960 said:

Found this on reddit. Seem to be a glitch that happens with sever. Only fix it to wait a day then try again. Hope this help

Copyed for reddit1f447.png

For whatever reason I kept getting a server response error when attempting to generate the device password using device-password URL noted in other comments. Maybe this is only a temporary because seems like others have been successful with that very recently. 1f914.png

I was able to set device password from my PS3 using instructions below. First you sign into your PSN account on a computer the normal way using 2FA then you navigate as described below to setup you device password:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/account/2sv-psn-login/

PS3 Console and PS Vita: set up 2SV

You cannot activate 2SV on your PS3 console or PS Vita/TV system. You need to activate it through Account Management, a PS5 console or a PS4 console using the guides above.

1 Once 2SV is activated, sign in to Account Management and select Security.

2 Make sure 2-Step Verification is enabled and select Device Setup Password > Generate New Password.

3 On your PS3 console or PS Vita/TV system, enter your sign-in ID (email address) and the Device Setup Password. This will verify the device.

4 Tick the box to enable auto sign-in. If you choose not to enable auto sign-in, you will need to enter this Device Setup Password each time you sign-in.

5 Select Done and repeat on all your devices*

*If you authorise the same device twice, it will be linked to two passwords in your Device Setup Password list, but you can revoke a password and generate a new one any time.

Awesome man this fixed it turns out that i have to turn on two steps authenticator very weird why they didn't mentioned that i should do it

Before 4.89 i can't even remember the last time a game froze, but since 4.89 every single game has freezing issues on all my PS3s. Anyone else having this issue? I've seen so many issues with this update. 

It's like Sony are trying everything they can to get people off PS3. 

Edited by GUDGER666

7 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Before 4.89 i can't even remember the last time a game froze, but since 4.89 every single game has freezing issues on all my PS3s. Anyone else having this issue? I've seen so many issues with this update. 

Ive only played two games on my PS3 with 4.89 and only for about 25 hours total, but no freezing (or any other) issues here. 

10 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Maybe you're just out of luck.

14 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

No issues on my end on my two PS3s, haven't had a single freeze either, though I've only really been playing PS2 classics on them since the update.

9 hours ago, Lion_Squid said:

Wait a supreme pain in the butt.

I don't think I want to play PS Vita or PS3 that badly. That's probably their goal. Maybe sometime this summer I'll have the energy to sort this out..

It's not that bad. I didn't touch anything since saving this new password on the day the patch released it is the same sa before.

The Device password isn't working and I am typing out the letters correctly including capital letters that it has and now its just going back to the QR code page again, I created one 2 weeks ago [ I am doing Ratchet and Clank 3 on my alt account ] and that seems to have expired and the new one doesn't work either.   

8 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

The Device password isn't working and I am typing out the letters correctly including capital letters that it has and now its just going back to the QR code page again, I created one 2 weeks ago [ I am doing Ratchet and Clank 3 on my alt account ] and that seems to have expired and the new one doesn't work either.   

Device passwords are account and device-specific and don’t expire. You have to manually revoke them for them to stop working. It could be a device internet connection issue, an input discrepancy, or something else. 

Verify the device is properly connecting to the internet and try a new device password. 

PS3 is connected to the web as I have checked it status list but I cannot actually do at test as the PSN fails due to no login , inputted correctly as well - it just won't except the password, is there any way of syncing any PS3 trophies I get on my alt account on another system so I don't get that missing timestamp crap. 

5 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

is there any way of syncing any PS3 trophies I get on my alt account on another system so I don't get that missing timestamp crap. 

No, you have to sync them on the system and account they’re earned on or they won’t pop properly. 

I’d suggest you use the PSN account you’re trying to log in with and create a new device password for that PS3. Once you do that, check the save password box once it’s accepted so you don’t have to change it again in the future. 

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No, you have to sync them on the system and account they’re earned on or they won’t pop properly. 

I’d suggest you use the PSN account you’re trying to log in with and create a new device password for that PS3. Once you do that, check the save password box once it’s accepted so you don’t have to change it again in the future. 

I have already done that twice and the PS3 just goes back to the QR code page every time, it just doesn't accept the code - it won't log in.   

10 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

I have already done that twice and the PS3 just goes back to the QR code page every time, it just doesn't accept the code - it won't log in.   

Are you doing it from the same account you’re creating the device password for? Can you try it a third time? Perhaps you need to talk to actual Sony support about their system being broken if you think it is. 

2 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

Yes and I have just done a third and got the new code via my computer instead of the QR  and typed it out and its just going back to the QR page every time.   

You need to contact PlayStation support so they can walk you through the troubleshooting process step by step. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, this whole system is a nightmare, only 2 of my PS3 consoles work with this new system. I'm in an infinite loop on my other 2 systems where I generate a device password and input the password on PS3 it tries to sign in then bam back to the QR code box in a constant loop tried it about 20 times, and I'm bored with it now.

• Like 1

i can't vouch for 2+ consoles, but the system has worked without trouble for me. most people forget their browsers are set to store cookies and remember passwords, so they keep logging in on the same account and resetting the same password. you need simply use an incognito mode or sign in the actual account you want to reset for the machine code. for having multiples of the same console, i'd go with incognito straight.

Edited by ars