Boostable?

33 minutes ago, Kwotey said:

Are the online trophies boostable? Just wondering before I start as I suck at these types of games.

Yes they are. Only downside: no crossplay between PS4 and PS5 (at least when I platted both versions)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

Yes they are. Only downside: no crossplay between PS4 and PS5 (at least when I platted both versions)

Damn, that's unfortunate. Guess I'll have to "downgrade" and play the PS4 version in order to play with friends. Thanks for the heads up.

4 hours ago, Kwotey said:

Are the online trophies boostable? Just wondering before I start as I suck at these types of games.

Yeah, the trophies can be boosted. You’re gonna have to boost anyway, since the online trophies aren’t possible to do legit. The online servers are known to be “dead” as in you won’t find any random matches online.

If you suck at these types of game, don't do it. The online trophies are the least of your concerns, they're super easy and can be done quickly without boosting. The level 9 things and doing a run on the hardest difficulty is where it's at. The 2/10 from the guide is once again a complete lie. It's all doable, but will test your patience and frustration tolerance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Yeah, the trophies can be boosted. You’re gonna have to boost anyway, since the online trophies aren’t possible to do legit. The online servers are known to be “dead” as in you won’t find any random matches online.

Can confirm it's not dead atm, I found a ton of online matches today. But probably won't stay active past a week or so since most casual players will probably grow bored of it.

With that said, I'm not sure I'll get anymore trophies in this. I wasn't a huge fan of it myself. Found it to be a super cheaply made version of Smash Brothers that isn't even exciting at all.

• Like 1

I got all the online trophies yesterday. They were pretty easy but that could be due to all the new players from Plus and most people not being familiar with this type of games. 

To make it easier, change the control settings in the game, select a character and then press square, you can customize every move the way you like

On 7/6/2022 at 7:33 PM, Infernopommes said:

If you suck at these types of game, don't do it. The online trophies are the least of your concerns, they're super easy and can be done quickly without boosting. The level 9 things and doing a run on the hardest difficulty is where it's at. The 2/10 from the guide is once again a complete lie. It's all doable, but will test your patience and frustration tolerance.

That trophy is pretty easy to cheese. Literally searched the trophies name on youtube, clicked the first video and got the trophy on my first try

• Like 3

On 6/7/2022 at 7:33 PM, Infernopommes said:

This is a lie lol. I still don’t know how to play this game and I did both those trophies first try… just use toph

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, joelda23 said:

This is a lie lol. I still don’t know how to play this game and I did both those trophies first try… just use toph

I agree, and even without using the Toph trick, they're really not that hard.  I haven't actively played fighting games since the mortal kombat/street fighter 2 days, and even then I was terrible at them.  But none of the trophies for this game were particularly hard. 

I used Reptar, and since then have played all the other characters and realized I'm better with mostly all of them.  Even on 'hard' and playing the lvl 9 CPUs you can cheese your way through with just about any character using their standard and strong left/right attacks.  Some have decent specials, most really don't.  I found the reach of both April and Powdered Toast Man to be a massive benefit against pretty much everyone.  Using fast moving/hitting characters like Oblina, Catdog, Aang, and Korra made it easy to do multi-hit combos.  I didn't find fighting against any character in particular to be that much of a headache, but from my own personal experience I'd say avoid Garfield, PTM and Helga, if you can.  Everyone else ended up being pretty easy to defeat using only 2 or 3 different moves.  And once you get someone near the edge of the map/platform with 100%+, soften them up with a quick standard combo and then use a left/right strong to finish them.

On 6/7/2022 at 10:10 AM, Kwotey said:

The online was even easier than the offline cause so many people are just trying to get the trophies, so you'll find plenty of people suiciding, which will give you the flawless win and 5 win trophies without trying.  Even though I got the online out of the way first, I wish I had just started on arcade and battles, cause I learned so much just playing with each character for those trophies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matto_lsi said:

I agree, and even without using the Toph trick, they're really not that hard.  I haven't actively played fighting games since the mortal kombat/street fighter 2 days, and even then I was terrible at them.  But none of the trophies for this game were particularly hard. 

I used Reptar, and since then have played all the other characters and realized I'm better with mostly all of them.  Even on 'hard' and playing the lvl 9 CPUs you can cheese your way through with just about any character using their standard and strong left/right attacks.  Some have decent specials, most really don't.  I found the reach of both April and Powdered Toast Man to be a massive benefit against pretty much everyone.  Using fast moving/hitting characters like Oblina, Catdog, Aang, and Korra made it easy to do multi-hit combos.  I didn't find fighting against any character in particular to be that much of a headache, but from my own personal experience I'd say avoid Garfield, PTM and Helga, if you can.  Everyone else ended up being pretty easy to defeat using only 2 or 3 different moves.  And once you get someone near the edge of the map/platform with 100%+, soften them up with a quick standard combo and then use a left/right strong to finish them.

The online was even easier than the offline cause so many people are just trying to get the trophies, so you'll find plenty of people suiciding, which will give you the flawless win and 5 win trophies without trying.  Even though I got the online out of the way first, I wish I had just started on arcade and battles, cause I learned so much just playing with each character for those trophies.

Lol, i actually encountered a suiciding Garfield yesterday when grinding out online. Got like 22 matches with this person but the game froze when i only needed 3 more matches.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2022 at 10:43 PM, jgm4789 said:

Lol, i actually encountered a suiciding Garfield yesterday when grinding out online. Got like 22 matches with this person but the game froze when i only needed 3 more matches.

Was it me?  haha

I was just running off the map last night to get my quick plays and then in competitive to lower my rank.

On 6/10/2022 at 8:48 PM, joelda23 said:

Totally agree with this.  I still don't fully understand how the moves work and I got the plat.  Didn't boost online and completed hard arcade with Garfield on my first try.  Literally just mash square button and throw pies from a distance at people.

Edited by JaneAusten69

On 6/7/2022 at 6:33 PM, Infernopommes said:

idk, you made me curious to try and I picked Garfield based on another reply you got. And while I had to use continue twice, first level since I hadn't ever played him before and just started the game, and the last level because Toph + that shitty level had hardly anywhere safe to stand to spam ranged attacks. But you still get that trophy with continues so that was pretty simple.

Will be interesting to try the other one now. But arcade was fine mostly.

I can't stay connected long enough to even do much online so far. I got one match done, sucked pretty bad at it. I'm concerned over the whole "winning" thing but meh. We'll see.

Took a few tries but yeah the guide’s suggestion  made it easy. The AI is not smart. lol, every time someone died. I just kept getting too close to the edges so got killed. Until this one. Probably 6-8 times or so

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 1:43 AM, jgm4789 said:

I know I’m late, but I think that was me lol