Hard Pass Trophy

TrophyChief

But has anyone actually tried messaging Supermassive? SMG are the devs...not 2K. 2K is well known for being dicks about things like this...they think their games are perfect and they literally never are. Maybe you'll have more luck from the devs? 

Granted at this point it doesn't matter. They know about it, there's no way they don't, You have a ton of gaming news sites reporting about this trophy. I even saw one yesterday mention "message board members are even collaborating to try and find a solution"...they didn't mention here directly, but that was an obvious shout out. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

But has anyone actually tried messaging Supermassive? SMG are the devs...not 2K. 2K is well known for being dicks about things like this...they think their games are perfect and they literally never are. Maybe you'll have more luck from the devs? 

Granted at this point it doesn't matter. They know about it, there's no way they don't, You have a ton of gaming news sites reporting about this trophy. I even saw one yesterday mention "message board members are even collaborating to try and find a solution"...they didn't mention here directly, but that was an obvious shout out. 

I never got a response from SMG, but others on the forums said SMG directed them to 2k support 

Okay I've been following this thread and trophy since last weekend, but I can't seem to find a straight answer, even in these 15 pages of message board (apologies if I missed it)

Has anyone confirmed they found at least one tarot card per chapter, chose Move on, but did not pick up Hierophant, chose "Move on" and still did not get the trophy?

6 minutes ago, robertluke1 said:

Okay I've been following this thread and trophy since last weekend, but I can't seem to find a straight answer, even in these 15 pages of message board (apologies if I missed it)

Has anyone confirmed they found at least one tarot card per chapter, chose Move on, but did not pick up Hierophant, chose "Move on" and still did not get the trophy?

Yea, it's been tried multiple times, just seems those 3 achievers got lucky.  I personally did my all tarot card run while choosing move on every time and nothing.

10 minutes ago, robertluke1 said:

Yes) It's was second after ignore all cards

I have a crazy idea I’m gonna attempt Saturday when I’m off work. Here’s my playthrough plan.

The icon for the “Hard Pass” trophy is a Raven which is an animal that’s associated with death. The description of the trophy is to “refused Eliza’s help”. 

My plan is to play through the game on a fresh save, ignore all tarot cards besides the hierophant card, and get Eliza killed in the flashback. That’s about as big of a refusal as you can get. All of this would occur at the end of Ch. 9 after collecting the card with Abi.  

I’ll report back ASAP. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KoeichiHero said:

I have a crazy idea I’m gonna attempt Saturday when I’m off work. Here’s my playthrough plan.

The icon for the “Hard Pass” trophy is a Raven which is an animal that’s associated with death. The description of the trophy is to “refused Eliza’s help”. 

My plan is to play through the game on a fresh save, ignore all tarot cards besides the hierophant card, and get Eliza killed in the flashback. That’s about as big of a refusal as you can get. All of this would occur at the end of Ch. 9 after collecting the card with Abi.  

I’ll report back ASAP. 

thats definitely a different idea.. so the Raven lives. she dies.

13 minutes ago, KoeichiHero said:

I’ll report back ASAP. 

Ya gonna shoot away the raven in ch1 or no?

13 minutes ago, KoeichiHero said:

I’ll report back ASAP. 

if you didnt get  hierophant card you cant see the flashback 

I've been silently following this thread as well and I agree.

You guys are doing an amazing job indeed! It's nice to see the community get together and work together to figure things out.

I wish I could contribute somehow, but I wouldn't know any other way you guys haven't tried yet.

Thank you all for your hard work! ♥

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spartaruckus said:

Ya gonna shoot away the raven in ch1 or no?

Shoot away the raven? I don’t remember this choice in Ch. 1.

2 minutes ago, xNawaFxAyedx said:

if you didnt get  hierophant card you cant see the flashback 

The Hierophant Card is the ONLY card I plan to get in my playthrough.  

24 minutes ago, KoeichiHero said:

I’ll report back ASAP. 

It’s one of the first things I tried. The trophy is just broke I put in 40 hours within the first 3 days and I’ve slowed and at about 70 hours of testing. Between everywhere we’ve racked up 100s of hours of testing different things. The best thing to do is just email 2K/SMG and don’t play this game I’m sure their numbers getting lower will get them to think twice about this. With how big this has gotten they’ve definitely seen this crap going on they’re ignoring us it’s simple ignore their game. The radio silence from them is absolutely appalling. 

The 3rd person who got the trophy said he’s gonna rent the game and try to recreate his play through he also mentored something about a piano in chapter 9 I’m guessing he interacted with it as Laura not that it probably matters. 

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartaruckus said:

I would blame this more on 2k then SMG. A lot of times publishers and developers have very strict agreements and 2k not wanting to affect their sales putting a "don't talk about it" order wouldn't surprise me. Not just about this specific issue but any issue that might effect sales. 2k giving generic turn off turn back on, clear cache, and send video help desk responses to me shows it's more 2k than SMG. While SMG has responded by pointing us to 2k which to me would seem to be something they are instructed to do and 2k giving us the run around to protect sales. 

Oh definitely it’s 2k. We’ve never had these issues before like this and it’s really making them look bad

• Like 1

I wonder if the raven can be seen in some shooting options throughout the game? for example, maybe when you're shooting the watermelons and bottles, can the raven be seen anywhere? i'm just honestly guessing at this point. or if the raven can be interacted with at other points in the game 

there has to be some raven significance in this game, hence the choice to shoo it away as abi in ch. 1. now i'm gonna play through looking for ravens... oh god.

i know it's related to death, so that would lead me to keep everyone alive, including the hacketts that are possible, even silas. eliza is guiding us to death? not helping us.

Edited by Beatle-Girl

11 minutes ago, KoeichiHero said:

The Hierophant Card is the ONLY card I plan to get in my playthrough.  

In ch1 when controlling abi, if you walk to the radio hu there is a raven on the green fuse box looking thing. If you get too close she will shoo the raven away. It does not have an interact icon and you do not need to push x to do it. Just getting close is enough to trigger the scene 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

It’s one of the first things I tried. The trophy is just broke I put in 40 hours within the first 3 days and I’ve slowed and at about 70 hours of testing. Between everywhere we’ve racked up 100s of hours of testing different things. The best thing to do is just email 2K/SMG and don’t play this game I’m sure their numbers getting lower will get them to think twice about this With how big this has gotten they’ve definitely seen this crap going on they’re ignoring us it’s simple ignore their game. The radio silence from them is absolutely appalling. 

The 3rd person who got the trophy said he’s gonna rent the game and try to recreate his play through he also mentored something about a piano in chapter 9 I’m guessing he interacted with it as Laura not that it probably matters. 

I DID email them. I just got another email from them and they did specify that it is indeed “ a bug” in order to process it to a higher level They needed to have a video. I uploaded it to my YouTube and send them the link. I did think that they finally did acknowledge that it is a bug. So, yes it is glitched

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 1

Everyone emailing smg and 2k. Don’t they have a discord like all other devs/games? That’s how I’ve reported countless bugs for countless games. They usually have a bug/feedback section. Would be really odd if they didn’t have either a discord or a Reddit forum for reporting bugs and glitches. 

Edited by Quink666

26 minutes ago, KoeichiHero said:

When you're walking around the cabins as Abigail, if you wander over past the radio shack, she comes across a raven and spooks it by accident if she walks too far. Then in the window of the radio shack, Eliza pops up very subtly.

21 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

It’s one of the first things I tried. The trophy is just broke I put in 40 hours within the first 3 days and I’ve slowed and at about 70 hours of testing. Between everywhere we’ve racked up 100s of hours of testing different things. The best thing to do is just email 2K/SMG and don’t play this game I’m sure their numbers getting lower will get them to think twice about this. With how big this has gotten they’ve definitely seen this crap going on they’re ignoring us it’s simple ignore their game. The radio silence from them is absolutely appalling. 

I will test the piano, just finish a run identical to him (same path, same collectible(except the emperor card miss it)) and no trophy

19 hours ago, PhxlPlays said:

Paths (14/15)

1. Laura & Max

- Laura tried to help Max after he was attacked in the storm shelter.

- Max was concerned about Laura's wellbeing in the prison.

- Laura was sympathetic to Max over his rejection letter.

- Laura was supportive during their imprisonment.

2. Above the Law

- Laura was honest with the cop about the accident on the road.

- Laura didn't try to take Travis' gun.

- Laura used the syringe on Travis during her and Max's escape.

- Laura did not shoot Constance.

- Laura did not attack Jedediah.

- Travis decided to work with Laura to find Silas.

3. A Fool's Errand

- Jacob removed the rotor arm from the minivan.

- The minivan failed to start, so the counselors couldn't leave Hackett's Quarry.

- The rotor arm fell out of Jacob's pocket when he was swimming in the lake.

- Jacob chose to dive into the lake in search of the rotor arm.

- The rotor arm is lost forever.

- Jacob got his hand caught when grabbing the rotor arm.

- Jacob narrowly escaped drowning.

4. Down the Rabbit Hole

- Abi chose not to help Emma break into the Cabin.

- The cabin remained locked and couldn't be explored.

- Kaitlyn, Abi and Nick break into the locked cabin, alerting the creature to their presence.

5. Playing With Fire

- Emma chose not to take the fireworks with her.

- Emma fired the shotgun into the air when rejoining the others.

- Emma found nothing of use left at the firepit.

- Without the fireworks, Ema was left defenseless against the hunters in the woods.

6. Watch Your Step

- Dylan opened the trapdoor in Chris' office.

- Dylan loosened a rung on the ladder.

- The ladder rung broke when Abi climbed up.

7. Pieces of Silver

- Abi came to Nick's aid when he was attacked in the woods.

- Nick appreciated Abi trying to help him during the attack.

- Abi shot Nick in the poolhouse and he fled out the window.

- Abi offered Laura her bracelet to fashion into a silver bullet.

8. Finders Keepers

- Ryan raced through the forest in time to see Nick being dragged away by a hunter.

- Ryan took a shot and hit the hunter.

- Ryan picked up the vial dropped by the hunter.

- Laura declined Ryan's offer of the blood vial.

9. Distraction

- Jacob didn't distract the hunter.

- The hunter poured blood over Jacob's face.

- Ryan heard a rustling in the bushes but didn't shoot.

- Jacob was captured by the hunters.

10. ???

11. The White Whale

- Laura did not shoot Travis when escaping her cell.

- Ryan shot Chris Hackett with silver, curing his line of infection.

- Ryan survived the ordeal at the Hackett House.

- Laura, Travis and Ryan decided to work together to find Silas.

- Laura, Travis and Ryan run Silas down after he attacked the car.

- Laura killed Silas, ending his line of infection and curing every living person who was bitten at Hackett's Quarry.

12. Teambuilding

- Dylan and Kaitlyn went to the scrapyard to find a working vehicle.

- Kaitlyn and Dylan worked together to escape the scrapyard.

- Abigail and Emma found silver shells in the storm shelter.

- Emma and Abigail found their way into the lodge.

- Kaitlyn has Dylan's company in the lodge.

- Kaitlyn failed to overcome Caleb.

Side Note: You can save Caleb, Dylan and Kaitlyn at the lodge.

13. Love's Labours Lost

- Ryan decided to free Jacob from the basement.

- Ryan successfully opened Jacob's cage, freeing him.

- Laura and Ryan heard more of Travis and Constance's conversation.

- All the cage doors opened when Laura broke the fusebox.

- Jacob found himself alone in the woods.

14. A Pound of Flesh

- Ryan chose not to remove the knife from his stab wound.

- Ryan had to be careful not to exacerbate his injury as he fled from Bobby.

- Bobby took his knife back, worsening Ryan's bleeding.

- Ryan chose to accept Laura's offer to bite him.

- Ryan was saved from blood loss.

15. Keepsakes

- Jacob picked up Emma's silver bracelet.

- Emma noticed Jacob wearing her missing silver bracelet.

Clues

Freakshow Fire (8/9)

1. Harum Scarum Poster

2. Escapology Trunk

3. Broken Cage

4. ???

5. Damaged Memorabilia

6. North Kill Gazette

7. Charred Sheriff's Badge

8. Discarded Signage

9. Ticket Stub

Hackett History (18/19)

1. Family Photo

2. ???

3. Trail Camera

4. No Swimming Sign

5. Old Camp Photo

6. Police Car Keys

7. Box of Matches

8. Triggered Bear Trap

9. Scrawled Limerick

10. Bizarre Yet Bonafide Podcast

11. Old Quarry Tools

12. Miner's Lunchbox

13. Rum Still

14. Scrapyard Note

15. Hunting Trophy Wall

16. Hackett Family Tree

17. Chalkboard Doodle

18. Inscribed Jewelry

19. Ancestral Portait

Camp History (12/12)

1. Bloodied Collar

2. Hunting Notice

3. Camp Plaque

4. Camp Song Recording

5. Information Signpost

6. Lodge Renovation Plans

7. Counselor's Ledger

8. Letter to Camp Nurse

9. Kid's Letter Home

10. Spooky Drawing

11. Campers Photo

12. Camp Letter

Evidence (10/10)

1. Empty Vial

2. Torn Bags

3. Bloated Corpse

4. Attack Photo

5. Claw Marks

6. Memory Card

7. Cease & Desist Letter

8. Scarred Flesh

9. Kaylee's Letter

10. Trail Cam Footage

Tarot

1. The Fool

2. Temperance

3. The Hanged Man

4. The Star

5. The Tower

6. Strength

7. The Magician

8. The Devil

9. The Hermit

10. Justice

11. The Moon

12. ???

13. The World

14. The Empress

15. The Lovers

16. Wheel of Fortune

17. The Emperor

18. Death

19. The Sun

20. Judgement

21. ???

22. The High Priestess

Eliza

Prologue (Move On)

Chapter 1 (Move On)

Chapter 2 (Move On)

Chapter 3 (Move On)

Chapter 4 (Move On)

Chapter 5 (Move On)

Chapter 6 (Move On)

Chapter 7 (Move On)

Chapter 8 (Move On)

Chapter 9 (Move On) -- During this chapter, I ignored The Hierophant card. After choosing Move On, the trophy popped during the next scene with Eliza. If it didn't pop there, it popped when Max woke up in the tree. Also, it took awhile for it to register on my profile.

Side Notes:

- I started from the prologue using Chapter Select from my cleared cloud save.

- During Chapter 1 when controlling Abi, I scared the Raven by the radio hut. Also, Eliza appeared in the window.

- During Chapter 2, I chose Rocky Road and picked up the Tarot card.

- During Chapter 3, when controlling Abi in Shady Grove, I went in the opposite direction and found the Trail Camera.

- While searching the police station during Chapter 7, I went to Travis' office first. I went to his desk and interacted with it. Laura picked up the phone and Eliza told her to kill all of the Hacketts. That's when I decided not to kill any of the Hacketts besides Chris. After that, I grabbed the clues needed to listen to the podcast and hid the syringe in her cell.

Yesterday, I following perfectly this method. but can't unlock "Hard Pass"

Surely, At First PS5 Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.

Delete Local Save and then Run New Game as Single Mode. (ver 1.02)

Don't waste your time, This is totally buggy.

26 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

2k said it’s a “bug” so it’s glitched. 

Good, I won't bother doing anything strenuous then. Get what I can, and wait for a patch. 

Don't understand why they need videos though...give the damn game to your QA team and have them do their jobs. Enough people are reporting this, gamers didn't collectively get together and say "hey, let's punk 2K!". So stupid. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Viper said:

Good, I won't bother doing anything strenuous then. Get what I can, and wait for a patch. 

Don't understand why they need videos though...give the damn game to your QA team and have them do their jobs. Enough people are reporting this, gamers didn't collectively get together and say "hey, let's punk 2K!". So stupid. 

Why pay employees when we can just have our consumers do it for us and pay us. Basic corpo mentality.