Hard Pass Trophy

TrophyChief

2 hours ago, JohnCar88 said:

I just don't understand why people sent him message, if you had a question why not asking it here so everyone can see.

Everybody assumes that they’re the only person having an idea. So when they think “It’s just one message, what harm could it do?” they’re not considering the fact that that there are tens - probably hundreds - of other people thinking the exact same thing.

It’s very similar to the recent issues around GameTheory and the theorised FNAF ARG. Every “just one phone call” became part of a collective of hundreds of phone calls.

11 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I had an email back from 2K. They informed me that the only way they can escalate the situation and fix it is if I take a video proving that there’s an issue with the game. I asked him how I’m supposed to do that when it’s obviously glitched for the trophy. Like seriously how am I supposed to take a video of some thing that’s glitching 1f62d.png I told them that I’m very disappointed in them as a company and that I would’ve thought they would’ve had a bigger backbone to admit they have a glitch and to fix it

I tried to open a post on their forums and I still haven't gotten a registration email from them so I can post and no way for me to resend the email. Which might explain why there is nothing on the forums about it. They just got their fingers in their ears.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I had an email back from 2K. They informed me that the only way they can escalate the situation and fix it is if I take a video proving that there’s an issue with the game. I asked him how I’m supposed to do that when it’s obviously glitched for the trophy. Like seriously how am I supposed to take a video of some thing that’s glitching ? I told them that I’m very disappointed in them as a company and that I would’ve thought they would’ve had a bigger backbone to admit they have a glitch and to fix it

That is very disappointing. Yeah, how can you show a video, LOL! So frustrating!

20 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I had an email back from 2K. They informed me that the only way they can escalate the situation and fix it is if I take a video proving that there’s an issue with the game. I asked him how I’m supposed to do that when it’s obviously glitched for the trophy. Like seriously how am I supposed to take a video of some thing that’s glitching ? I told them that I’m very disappointed in them as a company and that I would’ve thought they would’ve had a bigger backbone to admit they have a glitch and to fix it

Edited by Tripple_Barnett
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, PhxlPlays said:

Paths (14/15)

1. Laura & Max

- Laura tried to help Max after he was attacked in the storm shelter.

- Max was concerned about Laura's wellbeing in the prison.

- Laura was sympathetic to Max over his rejection letter.

- Laura was supportive during their imprisonment.

2. Above the Law

- Laura was honest with the cop about the accident on the road.

- Laura didn't try to take Travis' gun.

- Laura used the syringe on Travis during her and Max's escape.

- Laura did not shoot Constance.

- Laura did not attack Jedediah.

- Travis decided to work with Laura to find Silas.

3. A Fool's Errand

- Jacob removed the rotor arm from the minivan.

- The minivan failed to start, so the counselors couldn't leave Hackett's Quarry.

- The rotor arm fell out of Jacob's pocket when he was swimming in the lake.

- Jacob chose to dive into the lake in search of the rotor arm.

- The rotor arm is lost forever.

- Jacob got his hand caught when grabbing the rotor arm.

- Jacob narrowly escaped drowning.

4. Down the Rabbit Hole

- Abi chose not to help Emma break into the Cabin.

- The cabin remained locked and couldn't be explored.

- Kaitlyn, Abi and Nick break into the locked cabin, alerting the creature to their presence.

5. Playing With Fire

- Emma chose not to take the fireworks with her.

- Emma fired the shotgun into the air when rejoining the others.

- Emma found nothing of use left at the firepit.

- Without the fireworks, Ema was left defenseless against the hunters in the woods.

6. Watch Your Step

- Dylan opened the trapdoor in Chris' office.

- Dylan loosened a rung on the ladder.

- The ladder rung broke when Abi climbed up.

7. Pieces of Silver

- Abi came to Nick's aid when he was attacked in the woods.

- Nick appreciated Abi trying to help him during the attack.

- Abi shot Nick in the poolhouse and he fled out the window.

- Abi offered Laura her bracelet to fashion into a silver bullet.

8. Finders Keepers

- Ryan raced through the forest in time to see Nick being dragged away by a hunter.

- Ryan took a shot and hit the hunter.

- Ryan picked up the vial dropped by the hunter.

- Laura declined Ryan's offer of the blood vial.

9. Distraction

- Jacob didn't distract the hunter.

- The hunter poured blood over Jacob's face.

- Ryan heard a rustling in the bushes but didn't shoot.

- Jacob was captured by the hunters.

10. ???

11. The White Whale

- Laura did not shoot Travis when escaping her cell.

- Ryan shot Chris Hackett with silver, curing his line of infection.

- Ryan survived the ordeal at the Hackett House.

- Laura, Travis and Ryan decided to work together to find Silas.

- Laura, Travis and Ryan run Silas down after he attacked the car.

- Laura killed Silas, ending his line of infection and curing every living person who was bitten at Hackett's Quarry.

12. Teambuilding

- Dylan and Kaitlyn went to the scrapyard to find a working vehicle.

- Kaitlyn and Dylan worked together to escape the scrapyard.

- Abigail and Emma found silver shells in the storm shelter.

- Emma and Abigail found their way into the lodge.

- Kaitlyn has Dylan's company in the lodge.

- Kaitlyn failed to overcome Caleb.

Side Note: You can save Caleb, Dylan and Kaitlyn at the lodge.

13. Love's Labours Lost

- Ryan decided to free Jacob from the basement.

- Ryan successfully opened Jacob's cage, freeing him.

- Laura and Ryan heard more of Travis and Constance's conversation.

- All the cage doors opened when Laura broke the fusebox.

- Jacob found himself alone in the woods.

14. A Pound of Flesh

- Ryan chose not to remove the knife from his stab wound.

- Ryan had to be careful not to exacerbate his injury as he fled from Bobby.

- Bobby took his knife back, worsening Ryan's bleeding.

- Ryan chose to accept Laura's offer to bite him.

- Ryan was saved from blood loss.

15. Keepsakes

- Jacob picked up Emma's silver bracelet.

- Emma noticed Jacob wearing her missing silver bracelet.

Clues

Freakshow Fire (8/9)

1. Harum Scarum Poster

2. Escapology Trunk

3. Broken Cage

4. ???

5. Damaged Memorabilia

6. North Kill Gazette

7. Charred Sheriff's Badge

8. Discarded Signage

9. Ticket Stub

Hackett History (18/19)

1. Family Photo

2. ???

3. Trail Camera

4. No Swimming Sign

5. Old Camp Photo

6. Police Car Keys

7. Box of Matches

8. Triggered Bear Trap

9. Scrawled Limerick

10. Bizarre Yet Bonafide Podcast

11. Old Quarry Tools

12. Miner's Lunchbox

13. Rum Still

14. Scrapyard Note

15. Hunting Trophy Wall

16. Hackett Family Tree

17. Chalkboard Doodle

18. Inscribed Jewelry

19. Ancestral Portait

Camp History (12/12)

1. Bloodied Collar

2. Hunting Notice

3. Camp Plaque

4. Camp Song Recording

5. Information Signpost

6. Lodge Renovation Plans

7. Counselor's Ledger

8. Letter to Camp Nurse

9. Kid's Letter Home

10. Spooky Drawing

11. Campers Photo

12. Camp Letter

Evidence (10/10)

1. Empty Vial

2. Torn Bags

3. Bloated Corpse

4. Attack Photo

5. Claw Marks

6. Memory Card

7. Cease & Desist Letter

8. Scarred Flesh

9. Kaylee's Letter

10. Trail Cam Footage

Tarot

1. The Fool

2. Temperance

3. The Hanged Man

4. The Star

5. The Tower

6. Strength

7. The Magician

8. The Devil

9. The Hermit

10. Justice

11. The Moon

12. ???

13. The World

14. The Empress

15. The Lovers

16. Wheel of Fortune

17. The Emperor

18. Death

19. The Sun

20. Judgement

21. ???

22. The High Priestess

Eliza

Prologue (Move On)

Chapter 1 (Move On)

Chapter 2 (Move On)

Chapter 3 (Move On)

Chapter 4 (Move On)

Chapter 5 (Move On)

Chapter 6 (Move On)

Chapter 7 (Move On)

Chapter 8 (Move On)

Chapter 9 (Move On) -- During this chapter, I ignored The Hierophant card. After choosing Move On, the trophy popped during the next scene with Eliza. If it didn't pop there, it popped when Max woke up in the tree. Also, it took awhile for it to register on my profile.

Side Notes:

- I started from the prologue using Chapter Select from my cleared cloud save.

- During Chapter 1 when controlling Abi, I scared the Raven by the radio hut. Also, Eliza appeared in the window.

- During Chapter 2, I chose Rocky Road and picked up the Tarot card.

- During Chapter 3, when controlling Abi in Shady Grove, I went in the opposite direction and found the Trail Camera.

- While searching the police station during Chapter 7, I went to Travis' office first. I went to his desk and interacted with it. Laura picked up the phone and Eliza told her to kill all of the Hacketts. That's when I decided not to kill any of the Hacketts besides Chris. After that, I grabbed the clues needed to listen to the podcast and hid the syringe in her cell.

I did it with a lot of save clouds..nothing f****** poppin trophy. GUYS I KNOW IM SURE dat damned trophy MUST be 1000% bugged !! 3 players just got 3 lucky damned bugged trophy????? well I wait for patch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quirinus_Lucius said:

I did it with a lot of save clouds..nothing f****** poppin trophy. GUYS I KNOW IM SURE dat damned trophy MUST be 1000% bugged !! 3 players just got 3 lucky damned bugged trophy????? well I wait for patch.

Thanks for letting us know. I was waiting to see someone confirm whether the paths worked or not because I really want my 9th playthrough to be my last one!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Send them video where you choose "Move on" and nothing happens.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, sshirogumi said:

Send them video where you choose "Move on" and nothing happens.

Right… but which one? Any of them? A specific one? We don’t know which chapter to send. And the email said “for further study” that’s not exactly helpful 

Edited by sealightbreeze

5 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Right… but which one? Any of them? A specific one? We don’t know which chapter to send. 

Record an entire playthrough, they will have fun analyzing that. Maybe we should all sent them one. They kind of deserve it.

Edited by JohnCar88

It's really great to see like all community trying to resolve this Hard Pass mess ? Even if it's just bug, yeah.

It's a shame that @SzzMN couldn't get first plat. ?

And dislikes to Supermassive Games who ruined good/fun experience  with game by just one trophy ?

31 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

The guy who took himself off the website randomly reached out to me with these details:

“I'm starting to believe this trophy is bugged in 1.02”.

”Try this: Uninstall the game. Go to Network under the Settings on your PS5. Disconnect your console from the internet. Install The Quarry without updating it. You should have version 1.0. Stay offline and play through the Prologue. After it's over refuse Eliza then wait until the game starts to update”.

“Make sure you have your old save stored in the cloud and that it doesn't get overwritten”.

”Reload it and use Chapter Select to start from Chapter 9 then Refuse Eliza at the end I tried playing the game offline with version 1.0. I went through the prologue and finished it. I refused Eliza and the game started to update I figured it was a no go from the point to be able to finish the game in 1.0, so I unistalled the game at that point I updated to version 1.02 and downloaded my loud save. I started from the prologue again and continued playing through the game”. From this point he chapter selected back to the prologue and played the game as he detailed beforehand.

I then asked if he’s on disc version which he is, it seems like he was playing without patch and in the prologue when he refused Eliza the game forced the update so he uninstalled it and installed it with the patch.

Also he said this in regards to the community because I asked how he was doing “Yeah. I'm going to change my settings back. I wasn't mad or annoyed by any messages. No one was rude or toxic”.

I'm relieved that no one was rude or toxic to him. Hopefully this works for people who have the disc version which I sadly do not!

45 minutes ago, JohnCar88 said:

Record an entire playthrough, they will have fun analyzing that. Maybe we should all sent them one. They kind of deserve it.

I should send 2K links to all 33 of my videos across my 8 play throughs, LOL

• Like 3

I just finished a full playthrough of 1.0, no Hard Pass

- Reinstalled, fresh save file

- Followed PowerPyx guide for everyone lives and all Hacketts die

- Moved On every opportunity

- Skipped The Hierophant card and missed The Tower

53 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

The guy who took himself off the website randomly reached out to me with these details:

“I'm starting to believe this trophy is bugged in 1.02”.

”Try this: Uninstall the game. Go to Network under the Settings on your PS5. Disconnect your console from the internet. Install The Quarry without updating it. You should have version 1.0. Stay offline and play through the Prologue. After it's over refuse Eliza then wait until the game starts to update”.

“Make sure you have your old save stored in the cloud and that it doesn't get overwritten”.

”Reload it and use Chapter Select to start from Chapter 9 then Refuse Eliza at the end I tried playing the game offline with version 1.0. I went through the prologue and finished it. I refused Eliza and the game started to update I figured it was a no go from the point to be able to finish the game in 1.0, so I unistalled the game at that point I updated to version 1.02 and downloaded my loud save. I started from the prologue again and continued playing through the game”. From this point he chapter selected back to the prologue and played the game as he detailed beforehand.

I then asked if he’s on disc version which he is, it seems like he was playing without patch and in the prologue when he refused Eliza the game forced the update so he uninstalled it and installed it with the patch.

Also he said this in regards to the community because I asked how he was doing “Yeah. I'm going to change my settings back. I wasn't mad or annoyed by any messages. No one was rude or toxic”.

Will try to play around with the 1.02 patch and hopefully just pops randomly

Edited by Valor-Red

9 minutes ago, KoeichiHero said:

Hi. I’ve been following this thread silently waiting to see if y’all find a solution to this trophy. You guys are doing amazing at working together. I Wanted to offer the kind words for those who’ve put into a lot of time and energy into this. 

Exactly this. I know I haven't really done much in this forum but its been really nice seeing a community of gamers come together like this :')

• Like 1

I would blame this more on 2k then SMG. A lot of times publishers and developers have very strict agreements and 2k not wanting to affect their sales putting a "don't talk about it" order wouldn't surprise me. Not just about this specific issue but any issue that might effect sales. 2k giving generic turn off turn back on, clear cache, and send video help desk responses to me shows it's more 2k than SMG. While SMG has responded by pointing us to 2k which to me would seem to be something they are instructed to do and 2k giving us the run around to protect sales. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quirinus_Lucius said:

wait for patch.

people dont wanna believe a game can be bugged and have problems. "but but 3 people... 3 people sir got it. so its possible"

(insert stupid long method here + hours of time wasted)

"i got nothing. but they did so ill try again "

its literally bugged across every platform and no one wants to just come back in a week or 2 or a month when a patch probably addresses it.

Definitely wouldnt be the first trophy fixed via patches. People are just way too impatient.

• Like 1