RE2, RE3, RE7 PS5 Trophy Thoughts/Autopop?

The_ThrillBlazer

7 minutes ago, Seamndel said:

It could be argued that PSNp also nudges players in the direction of series completion , since games of the same IP are now also categorized into "Stages". 

Well… okay… 

I can’t say I would ever have assumed that the reason those “stages” were included was to encourage people to play every iteration of every entry…

…if anything, I would have assumed the opposite - that they were divided into “staged sub-groups” so people knew which ones were duplicates that they didn’t need to play for series completion…?

Frankly, even if I’m wrong, and that was the original intent - that system was put in place long before PS4-PS5 autopops.

There’s no way it could have envisioned the current system, so no chance that that intention would still be relevant now.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 9:57 PM, OTPYG said:

Love the salt. Imagine being so annoyed how others choose to do what they want with their games and utilising a feature the devs decided to implement. Says more about you than it does others, really. #prioritiesinlife

Well said! Bunch of whiny kids getting so hurt over a feature that saves you time especially when you got responsibilities but still want to hunt for those nice virtual trinkets to up your level or "feel accomplished". 

Time is money. Also I'm pretty sure you don't have to use the auto pop feature.... But I guess being mad is better than being rational these days. Or just be a normal gamer boy/girl for once, play the game despite having the trophies unlocked to see how it looks on your nice 4K TV/monitor. But I guess collecting trinkets is life for these kids or something. Do you I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

I have already platinumed RE2 and RE2 for RE2 when the conversion took place it stopped @ 60% excluding hardcore and finishing the story for both characters and the 4th survivor. For RE3 I am still downloading, will provide an update once the import is complete.

EDIT: RE3 Platinum auto popped normally.

Edited by an-inFamous1337
An update to the post

On 6/16/2022 at 6:27 PM, ClearMindJoker said:

Well said! Bunch of whiny kids getting so hurt over a feature that saves you time especially when you got responsibilities but still want to hunt for those nice virtual trinkets to up your level or "feel accomplished". 

Time is money. Also I'm pretty sure you don't have to use the auto pop feature.... But I guess being mad is better than being rational these days. Or just be a normal gamer boy/girl for once, play the game despite having the trophies unlocked to see how it looks on your nice 4K TV/monitor. But I guess collecting trinkets is life for these kids or something. Do you I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I would argue that being given a free platinum would hardly feel like you accomplished something, and your saying time is money, but your not getting paid to play/plat games quickly. I’m missing something here right?

But what do I know, I’m just a low key from troll that for some reason is trying to put effort in this dwindling hobby as all these auto popping/rat stacks destroys any credibility this site could have.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 7:19 PM, m678hk0078 said:

For those who want to autopop:

Remember only enter the game when the game is FULLY installed

Otherwise it will only pop the trophies of the main game for you. Leaving you at 9x%

However you can solved this by deleting the PS5 save and importing the PS4 save again after the game is fully installed

Thanks!

21 hours ago, Cannibal_Wombat said:

All trophies for Resi 2 (including plat + DLC trophies) auto-popped for me straight away after I'd passed the save file conversion screen after launching the game.

Update: tried Resi 7. A random selection of my PS4 trophies (in which I only got 55% in total originally; most of the main game ones and one of the Not A Hero trophies because that DLC was free!) popped when the save conversion had finished. I was missing about 13 or so including the three golds at the end of the list. Loaded up a late-game save, finished the game and those golds popped along with a couple of others. Still missing: End of the Night, In the Bag, Back Off Mrs B!, Duck If You Love Life, 1st Place at the Science Fair, Can't Catch Me, Out Before Dessert and Mr Nowhere. Very annoying.

As mentioned, I didn't get the platinum originally on PS4 but had the main game at 87% (didn't play on Madhouse or get all the coins/files trophies). Also, originally I just had a vanilla copy, whereas the disc I now have is the Gold Edition. I don't know if either of those things makes any difference! I had planned to go back to this game to get the plat anyway so it's not such a huge deal. Just Resi 3 left now for which I have the plat on PS4 - just hope that one auto-pops properly! Not so keen to re-play that one (even though the original is one of my favourites in the whole series; the remake just felt a bit hollow).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dekaku said:

I love how easy those "trophy hunters" get agitated. Oh noes, people can autopop trophies of a game they legitimately platted before, such audacity, 0/10 worst game evar~, my hobby gets destroyed by other people playing the way they want waah waah.

Ummmm no the games are still fire(resident evil 2 remake being one of the best titles I played this gen) 

If you want to be given free stuff without working for it be my guest.

But ppl have the right to be annoyed that they put legit effort when others take shortcuts.

The worst part is these games are such high quality that the whole idea of someone skipping the games(without seeing in full glory all the enhancements the ps5 has given them)is pretty wrack.

On 6/18/2022 at 1:23 PM, Wild-Arms-R said:

Ummmm no the games are still fire(resident evil 2 remake being one of the best titles I played this gen) 

But ppl have the right to be annoyed that they put legit effort when others take shortcuts.

The worst part is these games are such high quality that the whole idea of someone skipping the games(without seeing in full glory all the enhancements the ps5 has given them)is pretty wrack.

People are entitled to valuing their time. I have played and completed Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 once on the PlayStation (excluding the completions of the PlayStation 5 versions of the games due to saved data conversion) and twice on the Xbox (including Resident Evil 2: Z Version and Resident Evil 3: Z Version). My time was valued in favor of ray tracing, high frame rate, 3D audio, and fast loading. I can probably experience the features on Resident Evil 4 when it releases next year.

• Like 2

On 18.6.2022 at 7:23 PM, Wild-Arms-R said:

"The worst part is these games are such high quality that the whole idea of someone skipping the games(without seeing in full glory all the enhancements the ps5 has given them)is pretty wrack."

So skipping good games is pretty wrack for you. Should i look into your Profile to see how many hundreds of good games you skipped? Your sentence doesn't make any sense.

1 hour ago, janpham said:

"The worst part is these games are such high quality that the whole idea of someone skipping the games(without seeing in full glory all the enhancements the ps5 has given them)is pretty wrack."

So skipping good games is pretty wrack for you. Should i look into your Profile to see how many hundreds of good games you skipped? Your sentence doesn't make any sense.

Your aguement dosnt make since, I never skipped good games? 

3 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

If you compare yourself to others or your accomplishments to theirs you will always find something to complain about regarding this hobby and life. I strongly suggest focusing on your own enjoyment of games and try to prevent yourself from preaching to others about how things should or should not be played. This is a hobby. Let’s let people decide for themselves how they want to engage in it.

Ok Void, we all know how you choose how to trophy hunt, so yes you can have the right.  ; )

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

On 18.6.2022 at 4:43 PM, Dekaku said:

I love how easy those "trophy hunters" get agitated. Oh noes, people can autopop trophies of a game they legitimately platted before, such audacity, 0/10 worst game evar~, my hobby gets destroyed by other people playing the way they want waah waah.

Nah, it just "devalues" a platinum. And it is okay to notice a trend of people who don't want to overcome challenges anymore. This also applies to the flood of trash like the Breakthrough games. In the end this hobby used to revolve around the community of dedicated trophy hunters. Speaking of changes and the effects it has on this hobby should be the norm.

• Like 4

On 14/06/2022 at 3:38 AM, MarcusPunisher said:
On 14/06/2022 at 3:38 AM, MarcusPunisher said:

It autopop Resident Evil 2 for me. I assume same goes for the other.

Q6N07Ra.jpg

is anyone else having problems with transferring the saves? i can see the saves in my system but when I enter the game it says no save files detected what do I do 

22 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Your aguement dosnt make since, I never skipped good games? 

Ok Void, we all know how you choose how to trophy hunt, so yes you can have the right.  ; )

I tried giving you some personal advice to prevent you from consistently getting frustrated with posts and the hobby in general. You chose to personally attack me. Evidently I wasted my time. Also, I would strongly recommend running your posts through spell check if you choose to attack others on the site. It gives it a bit more bite.

13 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I’m so tired of coming to a post to be met with the superiority complex over and over. Nearly every post I read turns into a slanging match about ‘nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh you autopop trophies’ or ‘nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh you do EZPZ platinums’.

I don’t know when people will just let others be without swinging their cocktail sausage about. Different strokes for different folks! Live and let live and stop shaming people for their gaming choices.

Let me just for ONCE read a thread that doesn’t make me feel like cr*p by people who think they’re better than everyone else!

Don’t worry the lady gamer has finished her outburst and is going back under her duvet with Ben & Jerry’s 270c-1f3fc.png

I completely agree. I’m sick of reading about the right way to trophy hunt. I always thought this was a personal hobby, but it seems like people want to hold others to the same standard that they hold themselves to when playing video games. I’m not taking sides, but this is getting stupid.

Edited by VoidVictorious
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

I completely agree. I’m sick of reading about the right way to trophy hunt. I always thought this was a personal hobby, but it seems like people want to hold others to the same standard that they hold themselves to when playing video games. I’m not taking sides, but this is getting stupid.

Im glad I’m not the only one. It winds me up so much, I go on a post to find something out and I end up being insulted when I wasn’t even part of it ?

Grateful to those on this thread that were helpful and informative without being judgemental. Salute!

Anyway I usually let it go over my head. But once a month I won’t take that shizzle.. just throw brownies at me I’ll be fine ?

See ya next month for the next instalment of PMSGamer ☺️

• Like 3

I haven't purchased a PS5 yet, but as long as there is an option not to autopop on games, I'll be happy. More options are good, I just hope every upgrade gives you said option and doesn't force it on you.

I think there is a world of difference between liking a game enough so you want to replay it and get the trophies once more rather then upgrading your game, just so you can increase that trophy number on your profile by not doing anything. One step away from stacking 5 min. platinums honestly, but that's just my 2 cents. To each their own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Letenko22 said:

I haven't purchased a PS5 yet, but as long as there is an option not to autopop on games, I'll be happy. More options are good, I just hope every upgrade gives you said option and doesn't force it on you.

I think there is a world of difference between liking a game enough so you want to replay it and get the trophies once more rather then upgrading your game, just so you can increase that trophy number on your profile by not doing anything. One step away from stacking 5 min. platinums honestly, but that's just my 2 cents. To each their own.

It’s tricky, but if you want to replay something or do a stack, deleting your save and playing offline should work.