The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

32 minutes ago, CraigyCX said:

Do you only receive points for purchases over a certain amount? I just picked up Death’s Door in the sale and hit level 2 but I don’t seem to have received any points. Sorry if this has already been asked. 

No, any amount counts. It's seems the system is just a bit buggy in general right now and doesn't always reward points where it should. Hopefully this is something that will get better with time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

No, any amount counts. It's seems the system is just a bit buggy in general right now and doesn't always reward points where it should. Hopefully this is something that will get better with time. 

Thank you for the response. That’s a tad annoying. Hopefully the points get added later or I’ll have to find a way to chase it up. 

32 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Oh it's most definitely buggy the challenges are very hit or miss if they register or not and points for purchases is the same. I already got cheated once for points and once for a challenge. I hope they fix this mess very soon.

I saw a few days ago there was some sort of snail collectible for playing any PS4/PS5 game. It had over 2 hours left on it, and I switched between 3 different PS4 games during that timeframe and not a single one unlocked the campaign...

Imagine if there was a similar campaign to get free points for doing something like that, I would be so pissed off if I didn't get the points properly! Luckily I don't care for the collectibles.

I don't know how a product launch like Stars could be this badly glitched, do QA teams not exist anymore?

Edited by Jerry_Appleby
typo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I saw a few days ago there was some sort of snail collectible for playing any PS4/PS5 game. It had over 2 hours left on it, and I switched between 3 different PS4 games during that timeframe and not a single one unlocked the campaign...

Imagine if there was a similar campaign to get free points for doing something like that, I would be so pissed off if I didn't get the points properly! Luckily I don't care for the collectibles.

I don't know how a product launch like Stars could be this badly glitched, do QA teams not exist anymore?

I didn't get it either, gonna contact support.

Even if you don't care about the collectible, you should contact support to have them get it to you so in the future if you need supports help for something actually important they can see that they did help you in the past for legitimate issues.

New reward monkey was released and drum roll please...

It's a reference to the 2001 Japanese horror film Pulse.

Boggles my mind how obscure they keep going with these. I wonder if it's a copyright thing that they're not doing the more famous horror icons.

Seems there will be two new campaigns on November 1st in your time zone.

The first one is "Play Wherever" which awards 75 points (value $0.30 where I am) for doing four 5 minute Remote Play sessions.

The other one is another 50 points extra ($0.20 in value) for buying one of the following brand new, fully priced games digitally:

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II - Cross-Gen Bundle
The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki Ⅱ -CRIMSON SiN-
STAR OCEAN THE DIVINE FORCE
Gotham Knights
PGA 2K23 Cross-Gen Edition
NHL® 23 PS5™

Borderline shameful to use a $0.20 carrot for buying a $60 game IMO. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

lmao, making games that just came out (when the bulk of people that would have wanted them already bought them) as apart of the bonus points for games to buy sounds on brand for this program.

My thoughts exactly. Guess I’ll wait to buy the new God of War until December and get my free $0.20. Lmao

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Smashero said:

I have two:

- use remote play 4 times for at least 5 mins,

- play one (?) of those games: Guilty Gear Strive, Dragonball FighterZ, Street Fighter 5, UMvsC3, MK11, Tekken 7

Fighting game challenge popped instantly for me, I ran the PS4 version of Street Fighter V on a partial download on my PS5 via remote play app on a tablet.

Oddly enough, no progress toward remote play challenge. Maybe it has to be done over the actual internet from two different connections and not just the same connection.

9 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

The first one is "Play Wherever" which awards 75 points (value $0.30 where I am) for doing four 5 minute Remote Play sessions.

The other one is another 50 points extra ($0.20 in value) for buying one of the following brand new, fully priced games digitally:

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II - Cross-Gen Bundle
Gotham Knights
NHL® 23 PS5™

4 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

My thoughts exactly. Guess I’ll wait to buy the new God of War until December and get my free $0.20. Lmao

That's not how this works. I bought TUNIC during the previous campaign. I got 50 points for the campaign + 799 points. I've paid 799 Czech Crowns for the game, approximately $30. So, it total I received 849 points for buying the game.

Edited by BloodyRutz

1 minute ago, ZEE11W said:

I have been trying to get the remote play for 5 minutes 4 times. Nothing works. Any ideas. Thanks 

I played PS4 game on PS5 for like 10 minutes - nothing. Switched off the console. Got 1/4 after ~15 minutes while PS was off.

3 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

That's not how this works. I bought TUNIC during the previous campaign. I got 50 points for the campaign + 799 points. I've paid 799 Czech Crowns for the game, approximately $30. So, it total I received 849 points for buying the game.

It works exactly like I said. You are given 50 points extra for buying one of these games, which in my region corresponds to $0.20. That's one third of a percent cashback on a $60 title. 0.33%. 1/300. 1 cent back out of 300 ($3) spent. That's practically nothing.

You also get 4% cashback on ANY game which is fine but the 50-point bonus is shamefully small when we're talking $60 games.

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 2

I've got 4 new campaigns:

• Play Whenever - The Remote play one, 75 points.
  • The Playstation Store selection - The buy a game one, 50 points.
  • Combat of the month club - Start one of the fighting games (Guilty Gear Strive, DBFighterZ, SFV, Ultimate MvsC3, MK11 or Tekken7) - Rare collectible, an arcade machine.
  • Well done, you've defeated Phrike - Start any game - Heroic collectible, an astronaut.

I don't know why some people have different campaigns. The Phrike one is related to Returnal, so maybe have beaten this boss or platinumed the game, idk.

57 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

• Combat of the month club - Start one of the fighting games (Guilty Gear Strive, DBFighterZ, SFV, Ultimate MvsC3, MK11 or Tekken7) - Rare collectible, an arcade machine.
  • Well done, you've defeated Phrike - Start any game - Heroic collectible, an astronaut.

I don't know why some people have different campaigns. The Phrike one is related to Returnal, so maybe have beaten this boss or platinumed the game, idk.

i got all of them but for two. 

buy any game of the list. New cod is with them and I already pre ordered it. I actually thought we are going to get points for pre ordering cod mw2 and god of war. But nothing for cod as of now. 

remote play I have been trying all day. Used my phone. Used my PS5 to connect to my PS4. Used my PS4 to connect to my PS5. Each time after at least 10 minutes I turned them off and waited nothing progressed on the app. 

the rest are easy. Just start any fighting game. For the fighting campaign. 

start any game for Phrike campaign. 

the remote one is still confusing to me. 

On 10/13/2022 at 9:02 PM, ZEE11W said:

this is what I got from them before I even subscribed to Stars, 

02395-D0-A-1-B48-4-E37-91-D2-F5-D6-B93-E

It says I’ll get points because I’m a PS+ member and do not need to cancel. At first I thought points will get added as soon as I register and when the game get released I’ll get bonus campaign available for limited time to complete and earn more points. But I think they meant that I’ll get points when I complete the campaign since I pre ordered it, it will be a special one. I assume.  

I had to dig this old post up lol 

that’s the message I got from Sony before I enrolled in Stars. It says that I will get points for pre ordering both games. But nothing yet for cod. Maybe I need to wait a week for it to show up on my account. 

13 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Call of Duty00ae.png: Modern Warfare00ae.png II - Cross-Gen Bundle
Gotham Knights
NHL00ae.png 23 PS52122.png

I have different games and they all cost between 15€ and 20€.

- Dragon Ball: The Breakers

- Sam & Max Save The World

- Jack Move

- Fueled Up

- Unusual Findings

- The Witch's House MV - Standard Edition

1 hour ago, breakXedge said:

I don't have Returnal (or a PS5) and i'm not getting the Phrike one :/

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

I don't have Returnal (or a PS5) and i'm not getting the Phrike one :/

you don’t have to have Returnal or PS5. Any game works for it. I didn’t play Returnal played different game and it counted. 

Edited by ZEE11W