Party Animal help

Lil-Gameboy123

Thinking of starting this, just want to confirm what I think I'm understanding from this thread.

I would use my PS5 and PS4 to boost this. Invite my secondary account to a party on the main menu. Play coop vs bots (doesn't need to be against real people). Then just walk off the edge to end the match instantly -> rematch -> repeat, 500 times.

Is that correct? ?

On 23/08/2022 at 4:14 PM, Skurkitty said:

Thinking of starting this, just want to confirm what I think I'm understanding from this thread.

I would use my PS5 and PS4 to boost this. Invite my secondary account to a party on the main menu. Play coop vs bots (doesn't need to be against real people). Then just walk off the edge to end the match instantly -> rematch -> repeat, 500 times.

Is that correct? 1f914.png

Yes.

Worth pointing out, this won't show in your stats. the match played stat only increases if a match is not a 'short loss' So anything under 1 minute won't show up there. so you'll have to keep tabs of how many you've done yourself.

Also don't forget to toast yourself on both accounts (& spend all money on secondary account on toast) to dramatically increase your coins

• Like 3

On 25-8-2022 at 3:06 PM, Domatron0602 said:

Yes.

Worth pointing out, this won't show in your stats. the match played stat only increases if a match is not a 'short loss' So anything under 1 minute won't show up there. so you'll have to keep tabs of how many you've done yourself.

Also don't forget to toast yourself on both accounts (& spend all money on secondary account on toast) to dramatically increase your coins

That is good to know, I was getting worried when the in-game counter suddenly stopped counting. Now I wish I had started keeping track of it myself... I'll just have to keep throwing matches with my friend until it pops.

EDIT:

Just got the party animal trophy, my in-game counter was still on 336 and all the other ones I did were quick matches where I ran off the ledge at the start. 

Edited by Lil-Gocee

• 2 weeks later...

Did they remove the ability to play party coop vs ai with the newest patch?  

Playing with a friend on pc doesn’t allow me to select the mode only regular 2v2 teams with real players.  Can’t find anything online or in the patch notes that states if this is a change. 

Okay so the menu has changed slightly since the new update (Gizmo character addition). If you're in a party you are no longer able to select Co-Op vs AI under the Normal banner. However while in a party selecting the Bots banner section and selecting Bots/Teams will still allow you to earn the Party Animal and Matchmaking trophies, alongside the other trophies if needed.

Edited by BestUsername----

• 2 weeks later...

Are we sure this method is still working? I've been trying this with a friend. So far, we have over 600 matches and no trophy yet :/

Edit: it eventually worked, I guess, I was playing with a random person and after a few rounds, the trophy did pop

Edited by Fabrago

• 1 month later...
On 04/11/2022 at 1:54 AM, ItsMeBiscuit said:

Me and a friend are way past 500 yet no trophy any ideas?

Same. We've reached over 800 wins, most of them while in a party. It's taking forever!

I would not be surprised if it's glitched, knowing how buggy this game can be...

Nevermind, I gave in. The grind has finally come to an end!

Stopped playing legitimately and repeatedly jumped off the edge at start of match.

Edited by GunBlade

• 3 months later...
On 17/2/2023 at 11:51 PM, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Almost got an AutoHotKey script working so we can AFK party animal, let me know if anyone wants to test it with me.

With a friend, we used arcade to do party animal. You need an open map and to stuck left and square on the controller. You waste only the time when you are choosing the character, so 30s a match. After ~80 matches it kicks you out. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TheBubaknight said:

With a friend, we used arcade to do party animal. You need an open map and to stuck left and square on the controller. You waste only the time when you are choosing the character, so 30s a match. After ~80 matches it kicks you out. 

Really?

That’s an excellent method!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 6:58 PM, TheDarkKratos said:

FIRSTLY - This is an absolutely BRILLIANT idea. Especially if you are doing both the PS4 & PS5 stacks. That's a total of 1000 party matches 1f628.png Thank you so much! I have experimented with your technique, and have discovered a few things that might further help people with this trophy. Firstly, you don't need a Zen Box, Cronus Max, Macro scripts, PC Automation, or Turbo controllers etc, to make this method work 100% effectively. I only used 2 x consoles (PS4, PS5), an Alt account, 2 x standard Sony controllers (DS4, DS), 2 wide rubber-bands for each controller, 2 X copies of the game, and that's all. My self-boosting setup will be completely AFK, and will net you approximately 1 party match every 60 seconds, or less. That includes pre & post character select, the actual fight (varies from 5-20 seconds), depending on the stage, and which characters you select, plus all loading screens. My first experiment I was using 2 x Tazzies. Each actual fight time was almost always 5 seconds. In total you will complete 60 party matches every hour (60 mins). Which is pretty fast considering all of the loading screens etc.

THE SETUP - It may/may not make any difference, but make sure your cross-play is set to off, and set to console only. I actually used the cross-play on with both of my consoles. So, I guess it doesn't make any difference, unless you are boosting with a buddy. But make sure your region settings are the same on both your PS4 & PS5. That goes without saying. The real beauty of this method is you will get the desired turbo effect without using any full auto turbo controllers. Invite your Alt account or buddy into your game. You want to then select Arcade (easy, infinite retries). Start match. Stages are random, so, if you get a stage that is closed in on the sides, your match will be slightly longer. But you decide if you want to restart and get an open-ended level. Once the match starts, you put one rubber band on the left analog stick (gently), and then around the left part of the controllers. So, your character will be always trying to go left, and fall off. Then put another rubber band around the right side of the controller (top to bottom) so that the flat part of the band is holding down the Square button. Don't worry about damaging your analog sticks. Just make sure they are not too tight. For the sake of my own self-boosting, I used 2 x Rein Dogs. If you don't have them unlocked, you can purchase him, or try other characters. But for the sake of this exercise, he worked perfectly. Experiment if you like.

IMPORTANT - Please note that if after about 5-10 matches using this setup, your loading screens go black, and/or the BG music loops, or your game/console crashes. You will have to restart. But the good news is that I had this problem too. The remedy is simple. Just repeat the setup. But this time beat the first round. Once you're on the 2nd round, you should be good to go. Once I did this, I let my self-boosting session go for about 90 mins, and it ran smoothly. Remember after about 80 matches, your game will stick, and you will have to restart. This is normal. Arcade works perfectly for this trophy because the character select in Arcade doesn't have the clumsy annoying select options on the player screen as it does in other modes. You only need the Square button. That's the Key. The rubber band holding down the Square button duplicates the turbo effect. I don't know if Rein Dog is unique in this respect, but it works. Other characters may or may not work. Feel free to post your finds here. Thank you.

LASTLY - I would like to once again thank TheBubaknight for his/her amazing find. Full Cudos to you. This has made the grind much much less torturous 1f604.png

+1. I can confirm the method works, with a slight caveat - I used TRN to track matches played between my PS4 (alt) and PS5 (main) accounts. They had 0 partied matches prior to boosting this way.

It took ~109 matches to get Life of the Party.

It took ~715 matches before my alt account popped Party Animal.

Oddly, an almost even 750 matches before the main finally grabbed it.

I had social butterfly to start, so it took considerably more matches than anticipated.

I used different characters and stages throughout, and generally didn't bother with running off the map or anything. Just babysat it to reset after any crashes/stalls and push through the timer in between matches while doing background activities, so I wasn't getting many short losses either.

Just in case anyone is doubtful, it does work. Eventually.

Also, should be noted, I did this on the PS4 version of the game as that's the list I started before getting a PS5. I don't intend to do it again, but this appears to be the most active thread/forum and the one that appears in Google results.

• Like 3

On 3/3/2023 at 3:58 AM, TheDarkKratos said:

FIRSTLY - This is an absolutely BRILLIANT idea. Especially if you are doing both the PS4 & PS5 stacks. That's a total of 1000 party matches 1f628.png Thank you so much! I have experimented with your technique, and have discovered a few things that might further help people with this trophy. Firstly, you don't need a Zen Box, Cronus Max, Macro scripts, PC Automation, or Turbo controllers etc, to make this method work 100% effectively. I only used 2 x consoles (PS4, PS5), an Alt account, 2 x standard Sony controllers (DS4, DS), 2 wide rubber-bands for each controller, 2 X copies of the game, and that's all. My self-boosting setup will be completely AFK, and will net you approximately 1 party match every 60 seconds, or less. That includes pre & post character select, the actual fight (varies from 5-20 seconds), depending on the stage, and which characters you select, plus all loading screens. My first experiment I was using 2 x Tazzies. Each actual fight time was almost always 5 seconds. In total you will complete 60 party matches every hour (60 mins). Which is pretty fast considering all of the loading screens etc.

THE SETUP - It may/may not make any difference, but make sure your cross-play is set to off, and set to console only. I actually used the cross-play on with both of my consoles. So, I guess it doesn't make any difference, unless you are boosting with a buddy. But make sure your region settings are the same on both your PS4 & PS5. That goes without saying. The real beauty of this method is you will get the desired turbo effect without using any full auto turbo controllers. Invite your Alt account or buddy into your game. You want to then select Arcade (easy, infinite retries). Start match. Stages are random, so, if you get a stage that is closed in on the sides, your match will be slightly longer. But you decide if you want to restart and get an open-ended level. Once the match starts, you put one rubber band on the left analog stick (gently), and then around the left part of the controllers. So, your character will be always trying to go left, and fall off. Then put another rubber band around the right side of the controller (top to bottom) so that the flat part of the band is holding down the Square button. Don't worry about damaging your analog sticks. Just make sure they are not too tight. For the sake of my own self-boosting, I used 2 x Rein Dogs. If you don't have them unlocked, you can purchase him, or try other characters. But for the sake of this exercise, he worked perfectly. Experiment if you like.

IMPORTANT - Please note that if after about 5-10 matches using this setup, your loading screens go black, and/or the BG music loops, or your game/console crashes. You will have to restart. But the good news is that I had this problem too. The remedy is simple. Just repeat the setup. But this time beat the first round. Once you're on the 2nd round, you should be good to go. Once I did this, I let my self-boosting session go for about 90 mins, and it ran smoothly. Remember after about 80 matches, your game will stick, and you will have to restart. This is normal. Arcade works perfectly for this trophy because the character select in Arcade doesn't have the clumsy annoying select options on the player screen as it does in other modes. You only need the Square button. That's the Key. The rubber band holding down the Square button duplicates the turbo effect. I don't know if Rein Dog is unique in this respect, but it works. Other characters may or may not work. Feel free to post your finds here. Thank you.

LASTLY - I would like to once again thank TheBubaknight for his/her amazing find. Full Cudos to you. This has made the grind much much less torturous 1f604.png

I have to try this when i get home!

EDIT: works like a charm!   A quick tip: if you go to accessibility options in ps5 (don't remember if ps4 has this option) you can put the left stick into l2 and square into r2, put a paper into the triggers and you don't need any rubberband!

Edited by sssMABsss

Party Animal seems to bugged and broken, at least for me. I've tried all of the methods listed on this thread and I still don't have the trophy. 400+ matches in arcade running off the stage with an alt account, 500+ running off the stage in bot matches with my alt account and other people. 0 help from WB support neither. If anyone has any info to help it would be much appreciated.

Edited by MrBrock-_-

8 hours ago, MrBrock-_- said:

Party Animal seems to bugged and broken, at least for me. I've tried all of the methods listed on this thread and I still don't have the trophy. 400+ matches in arcade running off the stage with an alt account, 500+ running off the stage in bot matches with my alt account and other people. 0 help from WB support neither. If anyone has any info to help it would be much appreciated.

I'm pretty sure they patched it out like a few updates ago

I did it with an alt on PS4 and got it back in December or November, after that I tried to help a friend and he went over 700 matches and didn't pop with the suicide exploit, we had to play a normal match for the game to count

I have to try the method discussed here, probably it works in Arcade and not again bots/players

45 minutes ago, ChecoMayor said:

I'm pretty sure they patched it out like a few updates ago

I did it with an alt on PS4 and got it back in December or November, after that I tried to help a friend and he went over 700 matches and didn't pop with the suicide exploit, we had to play a normal match for the game to count

I have to try the method discussed here, probably it works in Arcade and not again bots/players

That is super weird because I've been talking to people who recently got the trophy and most of them have said that jumping off repeatedly worked just fine for them. It worked just fine for me to get the 100 matches trophy 2 days ago but 500 just doesn't pop for me. Arcade mode worked on my alt to get the steam achievements up to 100 too. Jumping off the map instantly should still be considered a party match. It's just really stupid and lazy that there isn't a tracker for this in any way.