Account Ranking (Based on rarity Average)

Going on from the EZPZ discussion , should a PSNprofiles account have a colour coded rank percentage beside the users name (Red for Higher Average and Green for lower Average), this way without sifting through games on an account , a calculation based on the games would easily determine the “quality” of the account.

This can also reflect on a rarity leaderboard which I think everyone wants too.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

What if someone has played the same games as you and earned the same trophies from them as you, but also played 500+ ezpzs?

Should your account be praised and theirs shamed?

On a rarity leaderboard based on points per rarity of trophy both users will have the same rank, since the 500+ ezpz games will ammount to nothing.

• Like 1

I don't care about the ranks and leadearboard since I just play and get the platinum of whatever I feel like, BUT the idea of giving like a new rank depending on the rarity of your platinums doesn't sound bad at all.

I know people don't want to be marked or bla bla bla... but if you supposedly "enjoy" games like the Mayo one I don't see why you will be affected by that. Also maybe you don't like hard games or games that take too long/to many things to get the platinum and that is also okay but give the opportunity to others to show or feel good for what they have accomplished.

I writting all this stuff and probably I would be mid tier in rarity trophies but still it call my attention the idea. The more customized we can have our profile here, the funniest.

To be clear I think that this to function need lots of thinking and I just like it for the customize option that can offer. I don't want to shame nobody etc... I'm to happy with my own profile ? 

PD: Only giving my opinion here, I don't want to look for a debate :ninja:

イエス波動❗

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

On a rarity leaderboard based on points per rarity of trophy both users will have the same rank, since the 500+ ezpz games will ammount to nothing.

But OP wants to ''shame'' accounts with a color code

Lets say

Player 1 has crypt of the necrodancer plat and nothing else = low average, green color

Player 2 has crypt of the necrodancer plat + lots of ezpzs= high average, red color

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

But OP wants to ''shame'' accounts with a color code

Lets say

Player 1 has crypt of the necrodancer plat and nothing else = low average, green color

Player 2 has crypt of the necrodancer plat + lots of ezpzs= high average, red color

No the color code it simply a suggestion , there is no intention of shaming… any other ideas to implement the rarity score would be most welcome :)

6 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

No the color code it simply a suggestion , there is no intention of shaming… any other ideas to implement the rarity score would be most welcome :)

Then what is the point of this tread. You just retracted your only suggestion.

Do you want a rarity leaderboard but want someone else to figure out how it should work?

8 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Wouldn’t it be quicker and less hassle to get the tape measure and have a penis measuring contest? 

You’re proposing grading profiles? ? because there isn’t enough judging around here already. 

I have a proposal.. everybody who needs that reassurance and ego boost should add a tag to their posts like this

‘I’m better than you’ 

‘your profile is sh*t’

Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah all day long.

N.B can I have my tape measure back……

I think it would kind of punish people for people for platting genuinely fun games just because of the high completion rate. I also don’t really see what it would solve because there are some easy games out there with a low percentage rate and there are also some tough games out there with a high percentage rate.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lewis_Y123 said:

I think it would kind of punish people for people for platting genuinely fun games just because of the high completion rate. I also don’t really see what it would solve because there are some easy games out there with a low percentage rate and there are also some tough games out there with a high percentage rate.

because no matter how many times u explain it, the mathematically challenged don't understand there is no correlation between rarity and difficulty 

• Like 2

The discussion about filtering was different, people want to find good games lists without having to dig into a pile of spamming trash that gets added almost everyday of the week, this whole coloring thing is just another way to segregate everyone, and in the end no one but you cares about your own profile, I'm hardly taking care of my own profile let alone others.

• Like 1

Rarity leaderboards are a better option.

If people don't care about trophy rarity, they can simply not use that leaderboard, but this suggestion is basically trying to call out those people and it could easily start turning members against each other. A great example of this is how cheaters are handled on this site.

If someone is caught cheating they must hide the game to remain in the leaderboard. Thus, most people assume if someone has a game hidden, they must have cheated. Obviously, that's not always true, but that is the general perception on this site. Adding another visual indicator to make it easier for some more...vocal members to identify people that play in a way they don't agree with is not a good idea.

Also, anyone who is familiar with the issue knows that their accounts already give themselves away as they have a shit ton of gold trophies compared to someone at that same level.

While I think all the EZPZ stacking is shameful, it's their choice, and they are entitled to it.

3 hours ago, dzstrpc said:

What if someone has played the same games as you and earned the same trophies from them as you, but also played 500+ ezpzs?

Should your account be praised and theirs shamed?

ezpz trophies just shouldn't count toward leaderboards it doesn't mean people should shame you for having them.  the ezpz games are played for leaderboard rankings.  this would get people to quit focusing on them and play real games.  It's best to look at the positive in this, to go after the leaderboards people no longer have to fill their day playing jumping hotdog games.  They can now get back to gaming.  Problem is people look at the negative,  nobody could predict these crap games taking over the way they have.  This wasn't what the leaderboard was suppose to be lets see you can stack the most ezpz games.

TBH it's not as many people exploiting these easy stacks as you may think.  The situation is that it is becoming a nuisance and even people atop the leaderboards some of them would agree.  Many of them don't want to be playing and paying for that crap but it's what they gotta do to stay near the top.  They've been sucked into it.  

Lastly very few accounts have both the good games and the bad most people tend to go one way or the other however there are a few good accounts with a lot of ezpz trophies too.  i've always said playing  something easy doesn't take away from the great accomplishments you have.  These jumping hotdog stacks are on a whole new level of crap though so best thing to do is not count them because nobody takes and account near the top of the leaderboard seriously with these games on them.  When I look at the top leaderboard guys number one and two on that list to me have nothing I still look at hakoom.  tusman this guy probably has the best overall profile as far a quantity and quality on psn profiles.  Streamforce has a nice profile.  Some of the very top guys though all they have done is play jumping hotdog stuff, not impressive at all.

• Like 1

It just seems so pointless though? you have to understand that not everyone cares about rarity and therefore shouldent get some permanent marker on their account that only exists to demean them. With your idea should people avoid playing popular games with non rare trophies to avoid being judged by you? This just seems to be some way to boost your ego and put down the 90% who play games they like instead of games that offer the "rarest" trophies  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pjcooper2012 said:

It just seems so pointless though? you have to understand that not everyone cares about rarity and therefore shouldent get some permanent marker on their account that only exists to demean them. With your idea should people avoid playing popular games with non rare trophies to avoid being judged by you? This just seems to be some way to boost your ego and put down the 90% who play games they like instead of games that offer the "rarest" trophies  

do you really think people like jumping hotdog?  It takes 2 minutes to get the platinums are you trying to tell me that people play those games past that for their enjoyment?  I think you should try to evaluate the situation better instead of just worrying so much about being judged on PSN profiles.  Nobody knows who you are everyone knows you as your screen name and nothing more.  It's not about judgments it's about creating a proper leaderboard for everyone to enjoy so why not have two leaderboards one for rarity and one for quantity?  What about poor people who can afford to waste thousands of dollars on jumping hotdog games over the years to compete for the leeboard are you judging them because they don't have as many platinums as you?  It's not about judging it's about bettering the site!

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 3