"Press X For Trophies" Coming to PSN

Aranea Highwind

The best part of this by far is that "Game Help is Supported", which means that if you get stuck on any trophies, the game will be kind enough to offer you a hint. 

59 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

Plot Twist, 

One of the bronze trophies is deliberately glitched and the Platinum is unobtainable.

Now I write that down I think there's 10% odds that I'm correct, and this game will be a satire.

Or there's a hidden trophy for "Press X 50 million times" and the forums melt down

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

That's exactly what they're doing.... you pay for a game and spend minutes of your dismal little life pressing X and getting trophies.

Good on the devs. They make money. I don't support the games but im not gonna hate on someone who makes money off idiots stupid enough to pay and stack this shit.

Why so judgemental and mad? Relax. Let people do whatever they want. Besides, criticism can be uttered without hate 

• Like 2

Just now, lostforever77 said:

Why so judgemental and mad? Relax. Let people do whatever they want. Besides, criticism can be uttered without hate 

im not mad. lol I'm supportive of people buying these games. The devs make money, off a game they can throw new skins on repeatedly. Its smart and quick, plus they profit a ton of money.

18 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black then idk what is. Get real dude, and read half your posts that cause threads to get shut down, due to you derailing them from your "insufferable drivel".

Is this supposed to move me in any fashion? Because you failed. 

Who told you to get all hot and bothered?

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I see everyone losing their shit in this thread, but do we even know what this game is? Maybe the title is click bait and intended to be ironic - you know, like the description says.???

I have to admit to curiosity myself on that count. Might be an actually interesting, decent game, designed to spur just this sort of discussion. Or it could be garbage, poorly developed and badly executed, but still not a “trophy trash” game.

Now, I don’t put great odds on that possibility. There’s plenty of people that use the term either incorrectly, or as some half-assed defense against criticism (whether legitimate, good faith, or otherwise.) But it is a possibility. Given that all we have is a short, vague statement and a screenshot of the cross button, there’s not much to go on, and the knee-jerk reaction that instantly swings into two camps (one shaking their pitchforks, taking the title literally, and trotting out the same arguments for the thousandth time, the other leaping to defend - whether vigorously or not - the trophy trash) calling names and tossing poo seems to leave no room for those who are curious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashande said:

I have to admit to curiosity myself on that count. Might be an actually interesting, decent game, designed to spur just this sort of discussion. Or it could be garbage, poorly developed and badly executed, but still not a “trophy trash” game.

Now, I don’t put great odds on that possibility. There’s plenty of people that use the term either incorrectly, or as some half-assed defense against criticism (whether legitimate, good faith, or otherwise.) But it is a possibility. Given that all we have is a short, vague statement and a screenshot of the cross button, there’s not much to go on, and the knee-jerk reaction that instantly swings into two camps (one shaking their pitchforks, taking the title literally, and trotting out the same arguments for the thousandth time, the other leaping to defend - whether vigorously or not - the trophy trash) calling names and tossing poo seems to leave no room for those who are curious.

Agree and disagree. 

The trophy landscape has changed a lot since I first joined up in late 2014. Granted, times change as they always do, but there’s no denying that these so called shovelware titles, whatever the hell people want to call them, have completely engulfed the games section of this website. 

The community has also changed. Granted, these discussions usually end up in the bins because they mostly end on the same outcomes. 

People already suggested a filter but that’s already been shot down. The best thing is to just ignore all this and go about your day. 

Ultimately, these games make money for Sony, and that’s really all that matters at the end of the day. 

I wonder how far you can go with the meme. I mean, imagine 1 minute platinum games that make fun of 1 minute platinums. I think there's potential for actual bits of satire or trolling. 

Like you can name a game "Trophy System Destroyer DX". Or put "Please go outside" as a trophy name. Or give button prompts like "Press X for the trophy" but they are wrong every time, so you have to press every button on the controller. 

I still hope for the ultimate troll, but it has to be a part of the established series like "Jumping (food)", where one of these games turns out to be actually insanely hard. And they'd name the platinum "The real plat was the friends we've made along the way" or something like that.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Slava said:

I wonder how far you can go with the meme. I mean, imagine 1 minute platinum games that makes fun of 1 minute platinums. I think there's potential for actual bits of satire or trolling. 

Like you can name a game "Trophy System Destroyer DX". Or put "Please go outside" as a trophy name. Or give button prompts like "Press X for the trophy" but they are wrong every time, so you have to press every button on the controller. 

I still hope for the ultimate troll, but it has to be a part of the established series like "Jumping (food)", where one of these games turns out to be actually insanely hard. And they'd name the platinum "The real plat was the friends we've made along the way" or something like that.

They can also release these games without a platinum trophy. That would deter the target audience from buying them.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

The ultimate troll would be to release DLC in one of them, from a game years ago and have the DLC have an insanely hard trophy.

I think it would be the apocalypse for many trophy hunters, especially the ones trying to keep 100%

97d.gif

• Like 2

I don’t think games like this ruin trophy hunting, but this website as a whole. 

Front page alone you bare witness to tens of new trash games a day, threads like this bringing future trash games to attention, and a leaderboard full of “pay to unlock”. 

If I just used this site for it’s lists and guides, and ignored everything and everyone else, I’m sure trophy hunting would still feel fun to me and not some arbitrary numbers game. I would’ve never have known this game was coming and get annoyed if I just ignored the front page. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

The ultimate troll would be to release DLC in one of them, from a game years ago and have the DLC have an insanely hard trophy.

I think it would be the apocalypse for many trophy hunters, especially the ones trying to keep 100%

Who can we contact to make this happen? update my name is Mayo, touch Mayo 1 Billion times.... IN EACH COSTUME. ? Or even add DLC to a big game like GTA V where you have to rack up 1million kills. Just to fuck with everyone and their "im a completionist" mentality lol

@SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki that, and even on ps store, people bitch that new games shows all shovelware. Just filter low priced games out. Eliminates 90% from showing up in the results. 

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

They may as well let people fucking buy trophies with a price tag attached to them. 

Fuck these hack developers.

Or we can wait until we actually know what this game *is*, to see if it's actually Plat Trash or if it's just satire (either successful or not). I mean, there's *definitely* an issue with some "developers" just shitting out poorly hobbled together garbage in order to make a quick buck. But being cheap and/or easy to plat doesn't automatically make a game garbage. There's a *huge* difference between Plat Trash and satire games (like Mayo), Indie developers using a company like Ratalaika to port their games, and developers that tried and failed to make a good game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slava said:

97d.gif

No way is that the "Evilest thing I can imagine" lol

As an idea, I would think a McDonalds sponsorship of "The Jumping Fries" would a great idea for DLC.

It would be "The Jumping Fries" week, and you needed to register (basically Singstar, Buzz Quiz style weird external registrations required) into a system and eat actually Fries inside a certain restaurant in order to unlock trophies, and unlock them in the store using special Wifi・Vita Ad Hoc, and or using a Sony smart phone to register the pop, there'd be a 3 day time window/chance where you need to eat Fries at a real restaurant via a special Happy Meal, and once the campaign was over, well you'd be screwed out of those trophies forever.

Also, the DLC would only affect the the USA version, and not the EU. So basically anyone who forged their "American residency" to buy the game off the USA store, well they're screwed already, unless they fancy visiting American for 3 months.

Yes THAT'S RIGHT, there'd be about 12 bronze trophies, one every week, so you'd need to be eating Fries at McDonalds for an entire summer at least once a week.

I can probably think of worse, but that's one that I thought of just now.

If something like that ever happened, the meltdown would be immense.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 4