"Press X For Trophies" Coming to PSN

Aranea Highwind

46 minutes ago, Slava said:

I wonder how far you can go with the meme. I mean, imagine 1 minute platinum games that make fun of 1 minute platinums. I think there's potential for actual bits of satire or trolling. 

Like you can name a game "Trophy System Destroyer DX". Or put "Please go outside" as a trophy name. Or give button prompts like "Press X for the trophy" but they are wrong every time, so you have to press every button on the controller. 

I still hope for the ultimate troll, but it has to be a part of the established series like "Jumping (food)", where one of these games turns out to be actually insanely hard. And they'd name the platinum "The real plat was the friends we've made along the way" or something like that.

A trophy description of "Awarded for downloading the game" would be an appropriate troll at this point

• Like 2

These games have one good thing: In the past, only the rich could collect many platinums, since the games cost a lot of money and many simple platinums had to be imported from Japan, which was also very expensive.

Through these games, normal and low-income people can also get involved at the top. Which is a good thing.

8 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

No way is that the "Evilest thing I can imagine" lol

Don't take this too literally. I'm just having fun.

Adding DLC to 2 of these games instead of 1 is already more evil, so yeah. ?

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

Just now, Sikutai said:

These games have one good thing: In the past, only the rich could collect many platinums, since the games cost a lot of money and many simple platinums had to be imported from Japan, which was also very expensive.

Through these games, normal and low-income people can also get involved at the top. Which is a good thing.

this is a fair point. Equal opportunity across the board. Nothin wrong with that.

To all those people bitching...

Step Up, or get stepped on

1 minute ago, Slava said:

Don't take this too literally. I'm just having fun.

Adding DLC to 2 of these games instead of 1 is already more evil, so yeah. ?

Me too! lol

To be fair, anygame that has ever been released up till this point, could have a sudden release with super hard DLC.

This happened to me with Comet Crash, it was a great game, easy 100% and then the DLC came out like 5 years later and was really quite hard lol

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AlphaLiquid-X said:

Or we can wait until we actually know what this game *is*, to see if it's actually Plat Trash or if it's just satire (either successful or not). I mean, there's *definitely* an issue with some "developers" just shitting out poorly hobbled together garbage in order to make a quick buck. But being cheap and/or easy to plat doesn't automatically make a game garbage. There's a *huge* difference between Plat Trash and satire games (like Mayo), Indie developers using a company like Ratalaika to port their games, and developers that tried and failed to make a good game. 

Unless you’ve been asleep for the past year, it’s pretty obvious that the front page is loaded with stacks of five minute games. 

Quality control is clearly lost on Sony, because they need to satisfy their corporate executives with endless pockets of money.

• Like 1

I hope the depth of the game won't be too much to bare. Still waiting for a game that will let you just get trophies right as you launch it without any button presses, then we'll have so REAL fun!

People used to bitch about Steam achievement games where you'd get around 1500 of them in 2 hours of gameplay, but I think we surpassed them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Quality control is clearly lost on Sony, because they need to satisfy their corporate executives with endless pockets of money.

I agree with you that these games are awful and have diluted trophy hunting but cmon now you can't just blindly blame everything on Sony. Things have gotten this far because trophy hunters decided to buy this sort of trash up at every opportunity for the last couple of years not because Sony came up with some grand scheme to make money off us with shovelware garbage that don't bring em any significant amount of profit if any at all. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

you can't just blindly blame everything on Sony. Things have gotten this far because trophy hunters decided to buy this sort of trash up at every opportunity for the last couple of years not because Sony came up with some grand scheme to make money off us with shovelware garbage that don't bring em any significant amount of profit if any at all. 

Thats all he does is whine about Sony. If he was smart, he'd move onto PC or Xbox.

9 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I never cared of leaderboards, completion rate or shitty games in general. I platinum or just play the story of games which I enjoy.

You can have 1000 shitty games or 1000 hard games each to their own.  It's your money, it's your time. The only problem which I have with these games is that the whole main page is filled with 8 stacks. But it's also a nit pick. It will never destroy my gaming experience and there are other sites where I can see the newest games.

So the only people who really care about those stuff are people in the leaderboards or people who think platinum numbers matters. 

exactly. I play what i want, plat what i want or can. So many people miss out on good games because it has online trophies or some shit. "Omg my virtual ego cant be inflated more if i have unobtainable trophies" hahaha

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Letenko said:

People used to bitch about Steam achievement games where you'd get around 1500 of them in 2 hours of gameplay, but I think we surpassed them.

They still do. That’s why their achievement system isn’t worth it. 

5 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

I agree with you that these games are awful and have diluted trophy hunting but cmon now you can't just blindly blame everything on Sony. Things have gotten this far because trophy hunters decided to buy this sort of trash up at every opportunity for the last couple of years not because Sony came up with some grand scheme to make money off us with shovelware garbage that don't bring em any significant amount of profit if any at all. 

Take a look at games from the 2008 - 2015 era and compare them to now. 

PSN games usually didn’t get a platinum. Blacklight Retribution didn’t get a platinum despite being a multiplayer game difficult to 100%. 

You had exceptions like Trine 2 on the PS3 which gave you the platinum for minimal work. Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time allowed auto pop platinums after you finished them once on another platform. Both Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 allowed most trophies to autopop since you simply transferred the saves. The same thing a lot of PS5 games allow after you finish their corresponding PS4 version. 

These were the exception, now they are the rule. 

The standards suck, but then again, so do most facets of entertainment in this day and age. Obviously the standards changed, because you never would of saw this crap back in 2012 - 2015.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

The sequel to this game should also be pressing the X button, but have some Dominatrix or similar on screen, belittling you the whole time.

This made me chuckle a little too hard ? 

Only ever bought one of these “games” which exist for trophy achievements only. It was Finger Fitness, and I feel bad about it ever since.

Not really fussed about the existence of these games and those that chase them, but there are definitely too many now.

I do like the Heavy Rain reference though