I hate the god damn True Millenium Tower

me_is_caveman

Seriously! Everyone kills me in 1-2 hits even at level 99 and job level 99! Saeko's idol healing abilities aren't enough, Peerless Resolve isn't enough, nothing is good enough! Fuck this game! ?

And people on playstationtrophies.org are saying this is 4/10 plat difficulty! BS! That tower pushes this plat difficulty up to 8 or 9 at least!

Edited by me_is_caveman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, me_is_caveman said:

Seriously! Everyone kills me in 1-2 hits even at level 99 and job level 99! Saeko's idol healing abilities aren't enough, Peerless Resolve isn't enough, nothing is good enough! Fuck this game! 1f621.png

And people on playstationtrophies.org are saying this is 4/10 plat difficulty! BS! That tower pushes this plat difficulty up to 8 or 9 at least!

Millennium Tower is preferable and far more relaxing to things like Mahjong from earlier installments.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, jslo34 said:

As someone currently working on Yakuza 0 I'll take the true millennium tower grind anyway over trying to figure out how to play mahjong, shogi, and about half a dozen other eastern gambling mini games 

Mahjong made me give up on the plat initially. Took me 3 years to come back to the series. As soon as I learned how to play mahjong I loved it. Meant all the other plats became relatively easy too. I’d definitely persevere as the Yakuza plats are definitely some of the most rewarding around.

The other gambling games are easy enough, especially if you get the special items for them. In a couple of the games I’ve had to save scum a bit, but nothing severe.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, me_is_caveman said:

Seriously! Everyone kills me in 1-2 hits even at level 99 and job level 99!

You have all jobs classes ranked to 99 or just one?  You really need a dedicated healer in there.  Err on the side of defense and healing throughout the whole thing.  Also lot of enemies in there are weak to fire, ice, or lightning.  You will learn after running it so many times which spells to use against who.  Also that thread da-Noob123 linked has lots of good info.  I  maxed about 75% of all job classes before doing it.  I got it in two tries but that was after running the normal version tons of times (probably like 50+) for the money and understanding the enemies without them being able to nuke me in 2 hits.  Even with that all being said, sometimes you just run into bad RNG, and you will lose because the game says so.

25 minutes ago, kinnyman said:

You have all jobs classes ranked to 99 or just one?  You really need a dedicated healer in there.  Err on the side of defense and healing throughout the whole thing.  Also lot of enemies in there are weak to fire, ice, or lightning.  You will learn after running it so many times which spells to use against who.  Also that thread da-Noob123 linked has lots of good info.  I  maxed about 75% of all job classes before doing it.  I got it in two tries but that was after running the normal version tons of times (probably like 50+) for the money and understanding the enemies without them being able to nuke me in 2 hits.  Even with that all being said, sometimes you just run into bad RNG, and you will lose because the game says so.

Do I really need all jobs for all characters at 99? That seems like a huge grind!

And do the stat boosts from leveling up a job carry over if I switch to a different job?

And I had Saeko as healer, but the enemies have so many consecutive turns! She gets K.O.'d before I get a chance to heal.

Edited by me_is_caveman

8 minutes ago, me_is_caveman said:

Do I really need all jobs for all characters at 99? That seems like a huge grind!

And do the stat boosts from leveling up a job carry over if I switch to a different job?

1 job at 99 is enough. You'll want a handful of other jobs around 30 too. If you check a job's skills, every 5 levels or so will be a stat boost. That stat boost carries over to other jobs. You also don't need any crafted or upgraded equipment, so it's really not as much grinding as everyone says (not to say it's necessarily easy).

Here's my guidance on the tower. One of the main things is to just edit your party before every fight so you can always hit the enemy's weakness.

Edited by Milktastrophe
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, me_is_caveman said:

And I had Saeko as healer, but the enemies have so many consecutive turns! She gets K.O.'d before I get a chance to heal.

You gotta read the thread that was linked earlier.  The guy who posted on page 1 was where you're at right now.  Some people will say you need multiple jobs maxed, Milktastrophe didn't, and others too.  So if you can follow their guidance and get it, mission accomplished.

I wanted a buffer so I maxed a lot of the jobs.  Been awhile so I forget which stat affects your turn order (agility maybe), but you can rank up job classes specifically for those stat boosts or specifcally for those spells that you may want to have.  Yes the grind is crazy, but I felt it was worth it for me.  Give Milktastrophe's strat a try and see if it helps you avoid it.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/272324-yakuza-like-a-dragon/faqs/78735/true-final-millennium-tower

That's a guide I used that shows you the enemy composition for each fight, weaknesses, and suggestions. Like others, I suggest you get a good number of jobs up to 30, which is pretty quick if you farm the vagrants in the Kamurocho Underground. I used Kasuga, Saeko, Han, and Zhao. You'll want to make sure each of the guys have elemental moves; you'll probably be doing very little physical attacking. A lot of the mobs you can get paralysis on them using the Oribital Laser or the Fulminating Forecast move, which makes them more manageable. 

• Like 1

Seriously? "Millennium tower too hard" thread again? There are so many guides and builds for True Millennium tower these days.... Read the guides, watch videos, make proper build... And yes, difficulty as around 5/10.

Edited by vanslayder

42 minutes ago, vanslayder said:

Seriously? "Millennium tower too hard" thread again? There are so many guides and builds for True Millennium tower these days.... Read the guides, watch videos, make proper build... And yes, difficulty as around 5/10.

Just because you became good at something hard doesn't mean you should retroactively call it "not hard", using your newly gained skill as the baseline. By that standard, nothing is hard.

• Like 1

It really does suck and it's keeping me from playing the PS5 version (I was able to do it on PS4 as plat 400). Kinda of sad they included a trophy like that in a masterful game. 

Hard enemies, no saves or checkpoints.

The final boss will always do an insta-kill move where you gotta have your healer ready and the proper buffs to take the damage. 

I'll pass on this stack, for now. 

Did the tower earlier on today, running Kasuga, Han and Zhao as their default classes and Saeko as idol. All levelled up to max in those roles and at least 30 in the others. I couldn't bring myself to grind in the underground anymore. Followed a combination of guides and set ups and got it done.

Regular enemies gave me more grief than the bosses did but I think that's more due to the numbers. Wiped on the final boss once but that was due to my own stupidity and attacking on a turn I should have healed on. Did get lucky on a couple of other occasions as well.

Enjoyed the challenge of it overall but the grind to get there was a bit much at times.

Seriously I don't understand why so many people have problems with this. I beat it today with level 96 and 90 job level with 2-3 other jobs around level 30. Kasuga-Hero, Zhao-Gangster, Han-Hitman and Saeko-Idol. Kasuga always using Resolve, Saeko just healing and using lower defense spells and other boys spamming their strongest moves or element spells. Make sure you have covered all elements with every guy, use mana potions between fight nad use only attacks that enemies are weak against. I only had problem with Amon, where he and Saejima almost killed Kasuga, but other than that had no real problem, just ress KO characters. I don't know if they patch it but spent like 2 hours grinding in a dungeon which is not that bad as everyone makes so. 

Two tricks that helped me:

1) Chef job has an ability called Peppermill Blow which is a good damage dealer and definitely worth getting on all characters in addition to electric (fortuneteller), ice (host), and fire abilities.

2) For Amon, the best dmg dealing ability i found was the Essence of Bonecrusher from Ichiban which does about 2k per use.

3) Make sure to equip courage pendants on the last fight.  And time masochist poundmate after evil grin.  I got hit with orbital laser without masochist up but still beat it somehow.

Hardest mobs for me on the way up was the Loan Shark guy

The more grinding I did the more it helped with this trophy. I took multiple Jobs to 99. Spent hours in the Sewers.

Store potions and items in your Item Box to reduce stress climbing the True Final Tower! When you go to the store/Pharmacy to buy healing items it'll usually only let you buy up to 10. But then you store 10 in the Item Box and go back to buy 10 more. Not the fastest way to stock up but it would definitely take a lot of pressure off, having some extra Mana Potions for the Tower climb.

Here was my final team setup:

Ichiban [Hero Lv.99] EX EX Bat

Saeko [Idol Lv.99] EX +5 Microphone

Zhao [Host Lv.99] EX +5 Bottle

Joon-gi [Hitman Lv.99] EX +3 Knuckles

yah i had 30 potions in my item box to restore MP.  You will use alot of MP climbing the tower so you need reserves that you replenish once you hit the item boxes in the Tower.  I did it with Adachi (Enforcer), Ichiban (Hero), Saeko (idol) and Jonn-gi (hitman).  I only had Ichiban with EX EX Bat, didn't farm weapon upgrades for the rest.

I found this guide to be the best for pointers in terms of how to prepare:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon/walkthrough/18

I then used the gamefaqs guide for studying each encounters which lists the MOB weaknesses so you can climb the tower and get to Amon.

Edited by ByteTyson