Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1 Coming to PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

On 5/27/2023 at 3:27 PM, squaresoft4ever7 said:

On the original PS2 version the Solidus button mash would last a full minute on extreme, thank god they fixed that for the PS3 version.  The button mash was still pretty bad though, I can't imagine how bad it was for Vita users 1f62d.png

I had to put the controller on a hard surface and use my thumb and two fingers pressed together to tap it out.  That was like 11 or 12 years ago though and I'm not as spry as I used to be lol.  I never owned a Vita so I never did that version.  Supposedly it had a save transfer added later that popped all the trophies, or at least most of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I had to put the controller on a hard surface and use my thumb and two fingers pressed together to tap it out.  That was like 11 or 12 years ago though and I'm not as spry as I used to be lol.  I never owned a Vita so I never did that version.  Supposedly it had a save transfer added later that popped all the trophies, or at least most of them. 

In theory you can have a save before at the Solidus fight so you won't have to go through hell with the Rays, the elevator, etc.  But I'm uncertain if that works since I've only played MGS3 on Vita.  (Incidentally I've played every port of MGS3 aside from the 3DS version) 

7 hours ago, squaresoft4ever7 said:

In theory you can have a save before at the Solidus fight so you won't have to go through hell with the Rays, the elevator, etc.  But I'm uncertain if that works since I've only played MGS3 on Vita.  (Incidentally I've played every port of MGS3 aside from the 3DS version) 

True, you could save right after the choke iirc, so it was just the Solidus sword fight.  I don't think you could between the Rays and the choke though.

• Like 1

On 25.5.2023 at 5:27 AM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Just confirmed at the showcase.

test.png

As others have guessed, we'll eventually get another volume with more games.

So Volume 2 should contain MGS 4, Portable Ops, and Peace Walker. Maybe Ground Zeroes and V too, but those are already backwards compatible so who knows.

I don't think Revengeance will be part of the next volume because it isn't a Metal Gear Solid game and isn't part of the Snake saga. I think it's more likely to get a standalone remaster, or maybe part of a collection that includes other spin-offs like the Acid games.

I don't want to be that guy but "minimal edits to copyrighted contents" gives me a bit cause for concern. I can't think of anything other than the OST being affected by this, which I would hope they leave untouched.

Still, can't say I'm not excited at the thought that we might get an MGS1 platinum after all these years.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 4:28 AM, Snake2410 said:

True, you could save right after the choke iirc, so it was just the Solidus sword fight.  I don't think you could between the Rays and the choke though.

I think the game gives you one of those "would you like to save" options just before the Solidus fight but I can't really recall if it could let you save during the choke sequence.  I had to take a break after doing the Tengus, Elevator, Rays and the choke button mash, I was actually having trouble with Solidus(mostly because I had felt exhausted from fighting nearly hundreds of Rays)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, squaresoft4ever7 said:

I think the game gives you one of those "would you like to save" options just before the Solidus fight but I can't really recall if it could let you save during the choke sequence.  I had to take a break after doing the Tengus, Elevator, Rays and the choke button mash, I was actually having trouble with Solidus(mostly because I had felt exhausted from fighting nearly hundreds of Rays)

You cannot save during the choke sequence but before like you mentioned when the game asks you if you want to save you progress.

On 30/5/2023 at 3:28 AM, Snake2410 said:

You can save before the Rays fight, and before the choke sequence. 

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 9:54 AM, Deceptrox said:

You cannot save during the choke sequence but before like you mentioned when the game asks you if you want to save you progress.

You can save before the Rays fight, and before the choke sequence. 

I could've swore you could go into the codec and save after the choke too, right after the Solidus fight starts.  I don't remember having to redo the choke sequence and I know I did die on Solidus once or twice on extreme.  Granted it was 2011 so my memory could be off.

6 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I could've swore you could go into the codec and save after the choke too, right after the Solidus fight starts.  I don't remember having to redo the choke sequence and I know I did die on Solidus once or twice on extreme.  Granted it was 2011 so my memory could be off.

I remember the game asks you to save not long before the choke sequence but you made me think twice if it's possible to save right before the choke. In any case you can skip the cutscenes and proceed to that infamous sequence in a matter of seconds.

13 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

I remember the game asks you to save not long before the choke sequence but you made me think twice if it's possible to save right before the choke. In any case you can skip the cutscenes and proceed to that infamous sequence in a matter of seconds.

Yep, I was referring to after though.  I could've swore that during the battle with Solidus you could access the codec and save too though.

9 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Yep, I was referring to after though.  I could've swore that during the battle with Solidus you could access the codec and save too though.

I don't remember if you can save during the fight but remember that when you load a saved game it always sends you back to the beginning of the level keeping your stats (kills, deaths) and only story-related progress (e.g. if you kill all enemies they will still be there when you load your save but their deaths will still count). I think this is what will happen if you save mid-fight against Solidus, I don't remember that if you save the game during his second phase loading the saved game will send you straight to the second phase or to the start of the fight but my bet is on the latter.

Edited by Deceptrox

2 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

I don't remember if you can save during the fight but remember that when you load a saved game it always sends you back to the beginning of the level keeping your stats (kills, deaths) and only story-related progress (e.g. if you kill all enemies they will still be there when you load your save but their deaths will still count). I think this is what will happen if you save mid-fight against Solidus, I don't remember that if you save the game during his second phase loading the saved game will send you straight to the second phase or to the start of the fight but my bet is on the latter.

It only sends you to the start of the area you're in, ex save anywhere in Strut A and it will put you at the door that you entered in as if you hadn't entered.  I don't recall kills/deaths ect carrying over if you save after they happen, but probably.

2 hours ago, Rewemarkt66 said:

Raiden get's knocked out by Solidus after the Ray fight, with screen going dark, then giving you the option too save game.

after the choocking + cutcenes you can save at the start of the final fight normally over Codec

Thank you!  That's what I thought.  I know saving during boss fights anywhere else worked that way but it's been so long I couldn't remember if that worked for that one.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2023 at 9:52 AM, Ivotas said:

I don't want to be that guy but "minimal edits to copyrighted contents" gives me a bit cause for concern. I can't think of anything other than the OST being affected by this, which I would hope they leave untouched.

Still, can't say I'm not excited at the thought that we might get an MGS1 platinum after all these years.

The reason why the ps3 collection was removed from ps now and gamepass a couple years ago was because the license for the film footage used had run out, I guess Konami don’t want to pay to use it all and are changing what footage is included

• Like 3

On 6/8/2023 at 4:54 PM, Hurricane_Tanya said:

The reason why the ps3 collection was removed from ps now and gamepass a couple years ago was because the license for the film footage used had run out, I guess Konami don’t want to pay to use it all and are changing what footage is included

The reasons I can understand. I just feel a little bit uneasy when something get's removed that was there in the original. Especially if licensing is the issue because that worries me that trademark songs might get cut.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

News today from Nintendo Direct and Konami has updated their website.

Releases:

October 24, 2023

Price:

$59.99

Title List

• Metal Gear Solid - Master Collection Version
    • includes VR Missions/Special Missions, Digital Screenplay Book, Digital Master Book
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Master Collection Version
    • HD Collection version, Digital Screenplay Book, Digital Master Book
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Master Collection Version
    • HD Collection version, Digital Screenplay Book, Digital Master Book
  • Metal Gear
  • Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
    • (shared with above titles) Digital Screenplay Book, Digital Master Book

Bonus Content

• Metal Gear (NES version/FC version)
  • Snake's Revenge

Other Bonus Content

• Videos (DLC) Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel
  • Videos (DLC) Metal Gear Solid 2: Digital Graphic Novel
  • Digital Soundtrack Metal Gear Solid: Digital Soundtrack

Sourcehttps://www.konami.com/mg/mc/us/en/

Edited by Wagszilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

News today from Nintendo Direct and Konami has updated their website.

Kinda reminds me of how the Castlevania Anniversary Collection included different regional versions of Castlevania 3 and some digital bonuses. I think this is the first time Snake's Revenge and the NES version of Metal Gear have been re-released. I wonder if there'll be any trophies for the 2D titles.

18 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Kinda reminds me of how the Castlevania Anniversary Collection included different regional versions of Castlevania 3 and some digital bonuses. I think this is the first time Snake's Revenge and the NES version of Metal Gear have been re-released. I wonder if there'll be any trophies for the 2D titles.

A trophy list for the 2D games would be glorious, I just have my doubts since you can buy they them individually 

Edited by zachpicc

1 hour ago, zachpicc said:

A trophy list for the 2D games would be glorious, I just have my doubts since you can but they them individually 

I wonder about that. The bonus content is all unique to the bundle, I assume. 

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1