Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1 Coming to PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

46 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

The games might be a remasters only, highly doubt all of them would be full on remakes but i've always wanted to play them on PS5.

It also sounds like it could only be the original version of them, no Substance/Subsistence versions of MGS2/3.  I wouldn't mind that personally because those VR missions were brutal.  But we'll see.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Unless they can get every original voice actor back for mgs3 remake then it wont be the same.

Additional info released after the event confirmed that the remake will feature the original voices, presumably including David Hayter as Snake. Konami also promised “unprecedented graphics and immersive sound.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-3-remake-announced-playstation-showcase

• Like 3

I really don’t get excited for new games these days but the ports of the old mgs games have me really excited, especially as they can release another volume with 4, peacewalker and stuff like portable ops !!

What are the trophies for other new Konami collections like ? Would there be 1 trophy list or multiple do we think ?

Edited by zachpicc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zachpicc said:

I really don’t get excited for new games these days but the ports of the old mgs games have me really excited, especially as they can release another volume with 4, peacewalker and stuff like portable ops !!

What are the trophies for other new Konami collections like ? Would there be 1 trophy list or multiple do we think ?

Other collections from Konami lately were combined lists and one platinum.  But the HD collection had seperate lists so it's hard to say. 

Also, from what I'm seeing now it looks like it WILL be the HD collection versions for MGS2 and 3 so VR missions will probably be included, which likely means it's going to be just as hard as the HD collection for trophies I'd they decide to do the finish all VR missions trophy.  MGS1 will have VR and Special Missions as well, not sure if that means the VR disc that was sold seperately in the US or not.

• Like 2

Magically the licenses have expired suddenly and the original mgs trilogy has been delisted. Very time convenient. Konami are pulling a Rockstar.

Mark my words this will be full cost and likely digital only. The consumer is going to get ripped off here, once again. 

Edited by ResiGamer_28
Spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

It also sounds like it could only be the original version of them, no Substance/Subsistence versions of MGS2/3.  I wouldn't mind that personally because those VR missions were brutal.  But we'll see.

But the original version of MGS3 had a fixed camera which wasn't a good idea in a jungle environment. I think they will probably release the complete versions of each game (Substance and Subsistence).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Magically the licenses have expired suddenly and the original mgs trilogy has been delisted. Very time convenient. Konami are pulling a Rockstar.

Mark my words this will be full cost and likely digital only. The consumer is going to get ripped off here, once again. 

Typical Konami

3 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

The games might be a remasters only, highly doubt all of them would be full on remakes but i've always wanted to play them on PS5.

Weren't the Vita and PS3 releases technically remasters of the PS2 versions?

Both had higher res and wide screen. (MSG2 and MSG3 only)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Hopefully each one will have a platinum or at least they will get a combined platinum. I hope the former is what we get.

It'll be interesting to see because when the MGS Collection was released on Xbox 360, strangely enough MGS2 and MGS3 got a single list for 1000GS whereas for the MGS Collection on PS3, both games got their own lists and own platinum trophy. Neither got achievements/trophies for MG or MG2.

I'd be happy enough with the same lists for MGS2 and MGS3 from PS3 and an added one for MGS1.

We shall see!

• Like 2

are people happy about the return of mgs without kojima working on it? I'm not too familiar with the franchise but I assume if they are remaking mgs3, they'd have to have somebody who understands the ins and outs of it. It's a bit like how when bluepoint remade demon's souls some die hard fans were pointing out how details are different from the original, which changed the atmosphere and tone of some situations. I also assume that if the remakes and remasters do well then they'd want to continue it with new entries, which might lead to an MGS survive situation again.

Oh well, I just ripped myself off on ebay a few days ago, paid £30 for the mgs hd collection on the vita only for this to be announced today lol but no regrets.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

are people happy about the return of mgs without kojima working on it? I'm not too familiar with the franchise but I assume if they are remaking mgs3, they'd have to have somebody who understands the ins and outs of it. It's a bit like how when bluepoint remade demon's souls some die hard fans were pointing out how details are different from the original, which changed the atmosphere and tone of some situations. I also assume that if the remakes and remasters do well then they'd want to continue it with new entries, which might lead to an MGS survive situation again.

Oh well, I just ripped myself off on ebay a few days ago, paid £30 for the mgs hd collection on the vita only for this to be announced today lol but no regrets.

They are just remaking one game. The issue would be if they were going to do a sequel or a prequel, or remake the very two first games of the series (Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake) since those two games require a massive update and their stories to be expanded, any of these scenarios require Kojima's involvement.