Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1 Coming to PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

• 8 months later...
On 31/08/2022 at 2:35 PM, Wedjwants said:

Just replayed Metal Gear Solid on Steam Deck last week, was planning to start 2 in a couple of months after an exam and honeymoon...Will definitely hold off for now! Would love this to be true.

I held off, in fact messaged my brother this morning saying I was going to start MGS2 this weekend! Shall continue to hold off then bosh all three of these utter masterpieces back to back!

1 minute ago, Viscera1900 said:

Also I’d like to see MGS: Portable Ops as well, since nowdays it’s pretty much impossible to play it legally

Really hope it includes Peace Walker too Would love to replay 4 but never got round to PW despite opening it on PSP and PS3!

• Like 3

Yeah I was confused by this. I thought the title of the remake (which I didn't know was a remake yet) was "Metal Gear Solid Delta" (because of the triangle shape), then "Snake Eater" popped up...THEN they showed the remasters with MGS3 in it. No idea. 

And now this also has me wondering if there's a possibility that MGSV gets a PS5 remaster. I've had that game sitting on my shelf since 2015 (PS4 version), have always been meaning to play it and just keep skipping over it but now a PS5 version would definitely make me wait longer. But I guess that depends on what Vol. 2 would entail. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah I was confused by this. I thought the title of the remake (which I didn't know was a remake yet) was "Metal Gear Solid Delta" (because of the triangle shape), then "Snake Eater" popped up...THEN they showed the remasters with MGS3 in it. No idea. 

And now this also has me wondering if there's a possibility that MGSV gets a PS5 remaster. I've had that game sitting on my shelf since 2015 (PS4 version), have always been meaning to play it and just keep skipping over it but now a PS5 version would definitely make me wait longer. But I guess that depends on what Vol. 2 would entail. 

Metal Gear Solid does have the ability to "keep you waiting" ;)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Viper said:

Volume 2 should have MGS4, MGSV (with Ground Zeroes, maybe integrated in a single trophy set), and probably Peace Walker as well. Hopefully they will include Portable Ops too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Volume 2 should have MGS4, MGSV (with Ground Zeroes, maybe integrated in a single trophy set), and probably Peace Walker as well. Hopefully they will include Portable Ops too.

It might not have MGS4 since it's reported porting it would be a massive hassle due to the nature of its development on PS3

2 minutes ago, Void said:

Maybe it will also include Twin Snakes as well as MGS 1, 2 & 3. Doubtful though.

I prefer the original over Twin Snakes, the original is more challenging, after they used the same mechanics from MGS2 on MGS some boss fights became a joke, like the one against Raven.