Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1 Coming to PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

MG1 and MG2:SS confirmed.

1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

Hopefully each one will have a platinum or at least they will get a combined platinum. I hope the former is what we get.

Both games were already included in the PS3 and Vita version of MGS3 HD and no trophies were included so I doubt they will go for it now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ceridane said:

Both games were already included in the PS3 and Vita version of MGS3 HD and no trophies were included so I doubt they will go for it now.

I'm sure MGS 2 and 3 will have the same lists as their PS3/Vita ver

19 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

But it is also quite a while ago Konami might be like lets just redo the lists, it just seems like something they may do as Bluepoint did the ps3 ports. I'm happy for the same list, also happy for a different list

I picked up the Legacy Collection for PS3 on eBay a little while back, so this stings a little. But I'll gladly wait and double up to plat these on the newer console. And I'm happy PlayStation owners will be able to easily buy them again. 

Here's hoping Peace Walker, MGS4, Twin Snakes, and maybe stuff like Portable Ops, Ghost Babel, and the Metal Gear Acid games are added down the line.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

I need to stop procrastinating and finally platinum MGS2. As an aside, I wish more games preserved their original versions on modern hardware alongside the release of big budget remakes. Maybe companies are concerned that consumers won't buy a remake if they do that, but I feel like the general audience would pick the shiny new version whilst the existing fans double-dip. 

Edit: I hope we don't have to complete all the VR missions again, just make the trophy 250 instead of the full 500. Not looking forward to fighting Ray again on Extreme either.  

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

Yeah they specified its the HD version so we can asume the trophy list will be the same for both games.

10 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I want more people to feel the pain I did of beating every VR mission in MGS2

Snake MGS1 'protect the box' and the first person mode missions were painful.

6 hours ago, squaresoft4ever7 said:

I did that recently and honestly I don't know if I'd do it again, especially fighting 25 rays that was hell. 

Oh and the mgs1 snake hold up missions deserve a nice place in hell too. 

More than the Metal Gear Ray fight itself I think the hardest part in extreme is the Tengu section before it. Keeping Snake alive its pretty annoying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceridane said:

Yeah they specified its the HD version so we can asume the trophy list will be the same for both games.

Snake MGS1 'protect the box' and the first person mode missions were painful.

More than the Metal Gear Ray fight itself I think the hardest part in extreme is the Tengu section before it. Keeping Snake alive its pretty annoying.

That and having essentially 1 HP against Solidus after he chokes you out

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

That and having essentially 1 HP against Solidus after he chokes you out

Agreed, the buttom smashing sections are the worst on Extreme.

9 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Finally there are trophies for Metal Gear 1!

I suppose you mean Metal Gear Solid, and yes, I'll be happy as well if it has a trophy set with a platinum, hopefully a not too easy one. I really hope Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake get trophies as well, giving them their respective platinum trophy will make my day.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Ceridane said:

That part was very hectic too, there is an exploit I found that if you block the doorway in the back with your blade and manage to have snake in that room you and snake will be protected and snake will just kill all the enemies.  I swear that the enemies felt like infinite

22 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Finally there are trophies for Metal Gear 1!

I wouldn't get too excited. Current details are vague but the PS store description says MGS2 and 3 are the existing Bluepoint versions, so MG1+2 may just be available through MGS3's menu. No guarantee of them having their own trophy list or any trophies related to them at all if they just copy and paste the existing Bluepoint trophy lists.

Spoiler

Unless you mean MGS1 in which case I think that's a sure thing.

Edited by hugesawfan
  • Like 4

On 25/05/2023 at 6:10 AM, WiktorM101 said:

Put it on disc,  please.

And they better make vol 2 someday. 

It was confirmed on twitter (Konami UK) that a physical disc is coming for the collection, I have MGS3 4 times already (PS2 original, PS2 Subsistence, PS3 HD collection, PSVITA) but I'd stump up again for another physical release.

I'm curious to see what minimal edits due to copyright entails.

• Like 4

On 5/25/2023 at 1:19 AM, bikeman223 said:

I need to stop procrastinating and finally platinum MGS2. As an aside, I wish more games preserved their original versions on modern hardware alongside the release of big budget remakes. Maybe companies are concerned that consumers won't buy a remake if they do that, but I feel like the general audience would pick the shiny new version whilst the existing fans double-dip. 

Edit: I hope we don't have to complete all the VR missions again, just make the trophy 250 instead of the full 500. Not looking forward to fighting Ray again on Extreme either.  

The M4 hold - ups are awful because of  the PS2 controls not transferring to PS3 very well.  Hoping that's something they can tweek with the PS5 controllers to make M4 aiming better.  It's the one thing I'm not going to be happy about having to do again.  Extreme was hard, but it was the Harrier, Arsenal Hallway/Elevator fight, and the Soludus choke that I had more trouble on than anything.

12 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

The M4 hold - ups are awful because of  the PS2 controls not transferring to PS3 very well.  Hoping that's something they can tweek with the PS5 controllers to make M4 aiming better.  It's the one thing I'm not going to be happy about having to do again.  Extreme was hard, but it was the Harrier, Arsenal Hallway/Elevator fight, and the Soludus choke that I had more trouble on than anything.

I discovered you can regen a little bit of health during the Solidus fight if he inflicts bleeding on you by lying prone for a few seconds. But yeah the controls could definitely do with some alternate scheme to increase comfort. 

23 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

On the original PS2 version the Solidus button mash would last a full minute on extreme, thank god they fixed that for the PS3 version.  The button mash was still pretty bad though, I can't imagine how bad it was for Vita users ?

• Like 1

Normally I'd be ecstatic, since these games were a huge part of my childhood, but given Konami's record over the past few years, I'm more than a little ambivalent.

MGS1 is long overdue for a proper rerelease, but I'm also hoping to see Metal Gear 1 and 2 get some kind of trophy support. The soundtrack for MG2 still kicks so much ass.

I just wish the MGS3 remake didn't involve Konami as devs. Can't they just hand it over to Bluepoint? I'm guessing that this might originally have been the plan, but of course someone at Konami probably nixed that idea on the grounds that it wasn't stupid. Then again, they could have given it to Bloober Team, so I suppose there's that.

Maybe this will surprise me, like the Dead Space remake, but frankly I expect zilch from the company that put out MG Survive, and which has shown nothing but contempt for fans of this series since 2015 (not to mention the people who actually made it). I get the feeling this is just an attempt to cash in on the remake boom, and the last time Konami tried that we ended up with butchered Silent Hill ports.

Edited by Fat_Pie123
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fat_Pie123 said:

I just wish the MGS3 remake didn't involve Konami as devs. Can't they just hand it over to Bluepoint?

Internal Konami dev team + Virtuos support, no Bluepoint

• Like 3