What’s the cancellation or abandoned title that bothered you most?

Ashande

Silent Hills is to me one of the great tragedies in this regard, the greatest horror game that's never been, the others are not really new games but the cancelation of Xenosaga HD Collection and Grandia HD Collection hit me hard, I'm a huge fan of both franchises and losing the possibility to play them on modern, more accessible hardware was a punch to the gut.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Tekken X Street Fighter is one that I'm sad hasn't appeared yet.

I read somewhere sometime ago that they had plans to actually do it for current gen and that it was going to be handled by Namco, can't provide sorce tho.☹️

Edited by Sunnyburrito

Scalebound. Some of it looked kinda cringy, but it was Yusuke Miyata + Hideki Kamiya + PlatinumGames. I mean, c'mon. That combined with Phil Spencer announcing that all future Xbox games would be going to PC is what made me sell my Xbox One. 

The one that stung the most though was Prey 2. Looked awesome, and the first game (the 2006 one from Human Head Studios) is so great and underappreciated.

Edited by EverythingOnFire
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, EverythingOnFire said:

The one that stung the most though was Prey 2. Looked awesome, and the first game (the 2006 one from Human Head Studios) is so great and underappreciated.

The parallel storyline with that plane crash would've been great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashande said:

Project Eve looked to be the PS5 answer to Bayonetta; stylish action, female protagonist, lots of demons to kill with wacky weapons. Awesome! Made a splash at a PlayStation Showcase with their trailer. But since then… radio silence. Nothing from the devs since September of 2021. I haven’t seen anything saying the game is cancelled, but I haven’t seen anything hinting that its still in production or if any progress has been made since then, either. The last Tweet from the devs was just sharing the link for the trailer.

Man, I hope Project Eve is still happening in some form, it looked pretty cool and I remember the trailer getting a lot of hype both from gamers and within the industry. But, like you said, that radio silence doesn't spark optimism.

P.T. is definitely my pick for this - I'm not even a horror fan, but Kojima/Del Toro/Ito really made something special, something truly scary that's still being talked about to this day with a simple free demo...and then Konami threw it all away for more Pachinko machines, and THEN went the extra mile of ensuring anyone who didn't already have it downloaded onto their console could never, ever, EVER play it again. Christ, what a world we live in.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GAZDAN said:

Silent Hills

Whore Of The Orient

Bioshock (Vita) - announced but never started development 

This is Vegas

Would loved to have seen all of these released

I had totally forgotten Whore of the Orient and This is Vegas. Would have loved to see both of those make it, Vegas especially. I was very much in the mood for that sort of game when they were hyping it.

51 minutes ago, EverythingOnFire said:

Scalebound. Some of it looked kinda cringy, but it was Yusuke Miyata + Hideki Kamiya + PlatinumGames. I mean, c'mon. That combined with Phil Spencer announcing that all future Xbox games would be going to PC is what made me sell my Xbox One. 

The original Prey 2 did look pretty great (and I still love the original; very unappreciated), but at least it did ultimately lead to Prey (2017), which was pretty decent. Definitely different, and very much Bioshock-in-space vibes, but still a good game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spider-Man916 said:

Ah.  I see.  Thank you. 

It hasn't been cancelled, the official website states that the game is halfway finished, but that they're currently hiring for more jobs

http://eve.shiftup.co.kr/index_pc_en.html#none

@SOCOM-WARDOG-45considering how badly it was panned by users on steam, it's probably okay it didn't get released on consoles

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

It hasn't been cancelled, the official website states that the game is halfway finished, but that they're currently hiring for more jobs

http://eve.shiftup.co.kr/index_pc_en.html#none

@SOCOM-WARDOG-45considering how badly it was panned by users on steam, it's probably okay it didn't get released on consoles

Ah.  Okay.  Thank you.  Good to know.  I saw the trailer last year.  The game looks too good and too far along to be cancelled.

Project Eve was one I also have been waiting for but the lack of any communication on it since the reveal has been disheartening on that it may ever be.

Scalebound is another sad abandoned project mainly because the game was supposedly near completion and they just scrapped it.

But there's a few other projects I wish we got we didn't Star Wars 1313 will forever be a moment I hated the whole choose your poison moment. Especially since it was basically done and there was no reason for them to force us to chose it or Battlefront.

StarCraft Ghost is another. It could've been an opening into a whole slew of Blizzard side games focusing on the characters directly. (I like to think if it succeeded we would've got a Raynor focused game in the style of Space Marine, or maybe a storied 3D hack and slash featuring Thrall and part of his journey to leader)

But if I did chose something overall it's the games that cancelled, abandoned or changed with the OG Xbox's first couple years. For example True Fantasy Live Online, a massive MMO planned by Level 5 was the game I wanted for my Xbox. When they introduced this new internet play service something like seen on PCs before. It was eye widening. Early game like Brute Force that had their story cut short when they were meant to be a lasting series even planning a sequel. Games like SMT Nine the first Megami Tensei game on Xbox and setting between the first two SMT games. Was going to be widely different with an awesome single player RPG and online components. But separated into two games with the Xbox online version cancelled. Seeing how good Megami Tensei Online did on PC if they kept the original Xbox one they probably could've killed it as the only available MMO at the time on there.

Back then in college I was really pumped reading articles and hearing news about StarCraft: Ghost . I think I spent hundreds/thousands of hours playing StarCraft so I was really excited with the news about Blizzard developing a 3rd person game around the StarCraft universe. And then many years later with no other development stories they confirmed that the game got cancelled.