The Pit Trophies?

Ampki

2 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

(For simplicity, don't have any quests tracked.) Enter the white spring's responders area and run around until you hear someone talking some nonsense, like about comics, photos, chess, etc. At this point there should be a tracked misc quests on screen saying to approach someone. Spin around to find the indicator of where that NPC is and go get whatever they want. After returning to them you'll be rewarded with some caps and xp. There is no quest completion screen like normal quests, nor any tracker for how many you've done (actually I've not checked if they show under completed quests, I guess not because they don't have names), so hopefully these are the favors and the tracking isn't bugged.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Can someone explain how I trigger the miscellaneous quests to show up? And how I identify if they count towards this? Are these main misc. or side misc.? Thanks in advance.

You just walk around Whitesprings Refuge and a Misc quest will pop up from a random NPC happens once a day just like the dailys. I think you have to finish the starter quests to power the Vertibird. not a 100% sure on this but i didnt get any Misc quest untill that was done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ampki said:

You just walk around Whitesprings Refuge and a Misc quest will pop up from a random NPC happens once a day just like the dailys. I think you have to finish the starter quests to power the Vertibird. not a 100% sure on this but i didnt get any Misc quest untill that was done.

Thank you! I walked around for 20 minutes yesterday and got nothing but I'll try finishing the Vertibird quests today then see if that changes things. 

18 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Thank you! I walked around for 20 minutes yesterday and got nothing but I'll try finishing the Vertibird quests today then see if that changes things. 

If it's a quest you've already gotten (even if you skipped doing it), it'll be added to your misc quests instead of appearing on your screen. Noticed this yesterday after walking around the building and not getting a new quest.

• Like 1

I've been doing a few favors over the last couple of days, had a couple arguing over guns and melee weapons, had a ghoul that wanted a picture taken, had a woman wanting a photo of the bar and I've had a guy wanting a photo of a surprise party group before joining! Also noticed these refresh around 6pm UK time. Should have this done by Monday ??

EDIT I've found all these in the main lobby area so not much looking around, they're also slightly different to the usual crowd so they're quite easy to spot. 

Edited by Waa-Laa

1 hour ago, Waa-Laa said:

I've been doing a few favors over the last couple of days, had a couple arguing over guns and melee weapons, had a ghoul that wanted a picture taken, had a woman wanting a photo of the bar and I've had a guy wanting a photo of a surprise party group before joining! Also noticed these refresh around 6pm UK time. Should have this done by Monday ?1f3fb.png

EDIT I've found all these in the main lobby area so not much looking around, they're also slightly different to the usual crowd so they're quite easy to spot. 

Can confirm these reset at the same time as the daily challenges, 12:00pm USA EST, 5pm UK time.  Assuming this trophy isn't a Bugthesda special, it seems you may need to have 10 encounters/tasks completed on a single character.  Hopefully we will finally see someone with the trophy tomorrow, 10 days after this update went live.  If they do have to be UNIQUE encounters, then that could be extremely annoying depending on whether they are randomized.  If they are on a set schedule that's fine.  Most players are going to be waiting an extra day or two to makeup for the ones they missed when everyone naturally thought it was the normal daily fetch quests to fill the battery.  If they are randomized, that is FUBAR and this trophy could be an absolute nightmare for a lot of people.  I have yet to get a repeat so hopefully they are on a set schedule that goes in the same order.  Maybe there are more than 10 different ones that can happen, or the game accounts for the ones you have already done.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2022 at 10:10 AM, Ampki said:

Same i didnt do the quest as leader and still no misc quest appeared, probably have to finish it first.

Edited by FeindlicheKrabbe

On 21/09/2022 at 9:04 AM, Rebourne07 said:

Can someone explain how I trigger the miscellaneous quests to show up? And how I identify if they count towards this? Are these main misc. or side misc.? Thanks in advance.

Walk around base and you'll find a random person / people with waypoints above their heads that's how you know it's started

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Narniak said:

Can confirm these reset at the same time as the daily challenges, 12:00pm USA EST, 5pm UK time.  Assuming this trophy isn't a Bugthesda special, it seems you may need to have 10 encounters/tasks completed on a single character.  Hopefully we will finally see someone with the trophy tomorrow, 10 days after this update went live.  If they do have to be UNIQUE encounters, then that could be extremely annoying depending on whether they are randomized.  If they are on a set schedule that's fine.  Most players are going to be waiting an extra day or two to makeup for the ones they missed when everyone naturally thought it was the normal daily fetch quests to fill the battery.  If they are randomized, that is FUBAR and this trophy could be an absolute nightmare for a lot of people.  I have yet to get a repeat so hopefully they are on a set schedule that goes in the same order.  Maybe there are more than 10 different ones that can happen, or the game accounts for the ones you have already done.

There are 18 different ones (as seen here) with some having different variants, such as the one where you need to photograph a random area of the refuge. They are also completely random and can repeat as I’ve had one come up twice, however I’m confident that won’t matter for the trophy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

I assumed it wasn't possible to earn the 10 favours trophy until Friday the 23rd September, at reset at the earliest, yet people have the trophy already. I'm confused.

Today was the first day to get it. The update was on last Tuesday. If people did one a day then today would be day 10. 

• Like 2

On 14/09/2022 at 11:03 AM, jonesey46 said:

The trogs are tough even with my somewhat optimised stealth commando build. A little worried about killing 100 of them with a melee weapon when my build has no melee aspects what so ever.

Thanks for the heads up. Will be using my strength melee character rather than my lightweight gun-toting one!

18 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Thanks for the heads up. Will be using my strength melee character rather than my lightweight gun-toting one!

Yeah I ended up just grinding away at trogs with it and it barely did any damage. I died several times per trog but would always respawn right next to them and the damage I did wasn't reset.

Not the worst grind I've done by a long shot but kind of disappointing to have a trophy like this in a game that is so focussed on builds.

9 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Yeah I ended up just grinding away at trogs with it and it barely did any damage. I died several times per trog but would always respawn right next to them and the damage I did wasn't reset.

Not the worst grind I've done by a long shot but kind of disappointing to have a trophy like this in a game that is so focussed on builds.

it helps adding legendary modules to the autoaxe. i added faster swing speed and killed some high level super mutants pretty quickly and my char isnt even a melee build but i haven't tested it on  trogs yet but i doubt they are tougher than a mutant

16 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

I don't know how you were going about fighting them. I was in power armor strength at 10 having a 3 star legendary auto axe (I didn't bother grinding stamps to get a mod) and I was killing trogs within 3-5 seconds even the superior trogs i killed pretty fast. Odd.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 1:45 AM, JAK-KRIEG said:

I don't know how you were going about fighting them. I was in power armor strength at 10 having a 3 star legendary auto axe (I didn't bother grinding stamps to get a mod) and I was killing trogs within 3-5 seconds even the superior trogs i killed pretty fast. Odd.

No power armor as I never use it anyway and yeah thinking about it I didn't go about it the best way haha. I could have definitely made it easier on myself but oh well, I've got it now.