Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth - 89 on MC, best reviewed Like a Dragon game ever

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Maybe, but still doesn’t mean it’s not bullshit.

You completely misunderstood the statement, as it was bullshit in Like a Dragon 7 (Asian release, not the worldwide release), Lost Judgement, Ishin Kiwami and now Infinite Wealth gets added up to this bullshitness list.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Like a Dragon series, and I’m hyped about this entry too, but this definitely needs to be addressed as difficulty selection and/or NG+ are essentially the core features of a game, not to be something to put behind a paywall… and it seems nothing has changed.

2 hours ago, XXIIlII said:

The whole ng+ paywall thing was confirmed a few months ago, why is everyone talking about it now

It was actually talked about four months ago, and it’s back to the surface level again as we speak. Here’s the devilleon’s video I saw 4 months ago.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

You completely misunderstood the statement, as it was bullshit in Like a Dragon 7 (Asian release, not the worldwide release), Lost Judgement, Ishin Kiwami and now Infinite Wealth gets added up to this bullshitness list.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Like a Dragon series, and I’m hyped about this entry too, but this definitely needs to be addressed as difficulty selection and/or NG+ are essentially the core features of a game, not to be something to put behind a paywall… and it seems nothing has changed.

Yea, I know you weren't disagreeing with me. And it probably won't change. 

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Also in future games like that from SEGA...greedy bastards. 

They need to make money. Not every game has a NG+, nor needs one. It's just a game. If you want to pay for extra content, it is an option available to the individual. If you don't want to, that's your other option. But you shouldn't worry. You haven't played any Yakuza titles based off your profile and it doesn't look like you have interest here outside trying to boost rep i see.

1 week until the game. Same day as Tekken 8, and a week before Persona and Granblue. 

I'll be very curious about sales numbers overall. Can't wait 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

While it is bullshit by itself, I actually prefer it like this because how trophy list turned out.

Not having to play NG+ and Legend for the platinum is a plus for me and while completing True Bullshit Tower was kinda fun I would gladly not do something like this again. I can just play on normal and enjoy the ride. Especially considering the insane amount of games(most of which a pretty long) coming out in two months.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Hi poker, I’m “no one”. 

What if someone gets excited by coming across Infinite Wealth, starts planning to get in the series and the first thing you come across is NG+ and difficulty selection being locked behind DLC paywall? As being one of the most anticipated games in 2024, this can turn off some people from the series and leave bitter taste for the fans too.

Who plans to get in to a series with the 8th release? Lmao

• Confused 3

25 minutes ago, poker_1987 said:

Who plans to get in to a series with the 8th release? Lmao

Maybe someone saw Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth game as one of the nominees for the "Most Anticipated Game" category from the Game Awards, and from onwards researching the series, characters, and such, or from AEW's Gaiden advertisement and WWE's Infinite Wealth advertisement from wrestling perspective..? indeed who plans that, lmao

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

No. If you have never played one you have no idea if ng+ would be something your interested in.

You just feel its a right to have it because so many games needlessly include it.

You might play it on a second play through or briefly check it out to be over powered at the start.

But generally ng plus adds very little value and is an over added mode to many games

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, poker_1987 said:

No. If you have never played one you have no idea if ng+ would be something your interested in.

You just feel its a right to have it because so many games needlessly include it.

You might play it on a second play through or briefly check it out to be over powered at the start.

But generally ng plus adds very little value and is an over added mode to many games

Unless you Google it.

You could also read any guide on this site and see what role it plays in earning the platinum. It's not really that hard to formulate why taking this out feels unfair and a bit money-grubbing.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, poker_1987 said:

The problem isn’t only NG+, but difficulty selection being locked out as well… and yeah, it’s an basic and essential feature for an RPG game. If it was just the bonus dungeon being a part of DLC it wouldn’t even be this problematic in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's not really that hard to formulate why taking this out feels unfair and a bit money-grubbing.

Fun fact: The very same DLC for Asian version of Like a Dragon 7 was just for 7 yen for a certain period of time before it got sold at 980yen (approx. 10$).

Now with Infinite Wealth receiving worldwide release and the immediate 15$ DLC/Deluxe Edition additional cost for NG+ and difficulty selection… that by naturally causes the huge backlash. 

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Baker said:

So do you need the DLC to 100% the game?

Yes, you do need the DLC to 100% Infinite Wealth’s trophy list as some trophies are tied to NG+, difficulty selection, and the bonus dungeon.

• Like 3

It's always wild to me when people mindlessly defend a company being needlessly greedy and trying to pull a fast one over the consumer, especially when it comes to locking a basic feature that's free in 99% of games behind a paywall for absolutely no good reason. And it's funny to me because these same people almost always pull out the most idiotic strawman arguments imaginable that any rational person can tell is illogical and easily take apart, and all for a company that couldn't care less about them beyond their wallets no less. Keep enjoying your boot, I guess? But don't expect other people to run in the hamster wheel with you, and then get defensive when don't abide by the same disingenuous mental gymnastics that got you in that wheel in the first place. :/

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

wonder how Amon will be in this one. He wasn't hard in Gaiden, and wasnt too bad in LAD if you took out his backup in a certain order.

If I had to guess he ethier be all substories or post game, it will be interesting to see which one we get 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

wonder how Amon will be in this one. He wasn't hard in Gaiden, and wasnt too bad in LAD if you took out his backup in a certain order.

Amon will be more or less like Millenium Tower/True Millennium Tower’s Shin Amon if I have to guess.

Spoiler

Hell, I even bet we will be facing with Shin Amon in this game too, but much powerful version of him, since Kiryu and Shin had a short moment of dialogue at Yakuza: Like a Dragon as well.

• Like 2

I'm curious who loves to ng+ a game with this length or general a ng+ run? Doing a ng+ run in every game is mostly pointless like the detective essentials pack in Lost Judgment and people only do it for the sake of a trophy (Yes I do it too but never liked it).

You did and have mostly seen everything in your first run and that's it, move on. Personally I'm happy that we DON'T have to run this game twice for the platinum.

I have to wait because I have Kaito Files and Ishin in my backlog but wanna buy this game afterwards.
Let's see how long the story and side content is. 

BUT I agree putting modes or difficutlies which was normal before behind a paywall is still a dick move from Sega. They only should put the Dungeon dlc or whatever it is in the dlc and that's it.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 2