Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth - 89 on MC, best reviewed Like a Dragon game ever

10 minutes ago, poker_1987 said:

Story trailer looks crap.

Seriously kiryu should have died at the end of 5

i cant take Ichiban seriously. Dude looks like a bum and is just dumb. Gameplay is fine but also yeah, Kiryu should have died after 5 or for certain 6. Problem is, fans are stupid and never like new things so companies rarely ever venture out from their hero/villain complex. Hence why Kiryu is back i guess. Hope he dies this time.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

i cant take Ichiban seriously. Dude looks like a bum and is just dumb. Gameplay is fine but also yeah, Kiryu should have died after 5 or for certain 6. Problem is, fans are stupid and never like new things so companies rarely ever venture out from their hero/villain complex. Hence why Kiryu is back i guess. Hope he dies this time.

I quite like ichiban in 7. He was a bit dumb and comic realif.

And of course he looks like a bum he literally hung around with one and became one lol.

Just now, poker_1987 said:

I quite like ichiban in 7. He was a bit dumb and comic realif.

And of course he looks like a bum he literally hung around with one and became one lol.

I've seen so much gameplay of 7, had it since launch, and yet never touched it. i plan to over xmas break though. Nothing in that game is a spoiler for me. Ive seen so much haha.

wonder if 8 will at least be a little faster combat wise but we shall see soon i guess.

Didn't even know this was happening until I saw the gameplay reveal the other day. Super excited! Not a big JRPG fan at all, I've tried a couple and they generally just miss in terms of holding my interest. But Like a Dragon and P5R are 2 titles that really got me invested, Q1 of 2024 is going to be great with Infinite Wealth and P3R coming.

14 hours ago, poker_1987 said:

No one plays ng+ modes anyway

i do if there is level carry-over.

7 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Didn't even know this was happening until I saw the gameplay reveal the other day. Super excited! Not a big JRPG fan at all, I've tried a couple and they generally just miss in terms of holding my interest. But Like a Dragon and P5R are 2 titles that really got me invested, Q1 of 2024 is going to be great with Infinite Wealth and P3R coming.

Q1 2024 is insane... Tekken 8, Granblue Relink, P3R, FF7Rebirth, Like a Dragon 8, potentially Rise of Ronin as Team Ninja often releases Feb-April so prob Q1, possibly Q2.

I read up on LaD 8. Kiryu has cancer or something. Wonder if they implemented something where later on it could affect his stats. Doubt it but would be an idea. Basically poison. 

50 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I read up on LaD 8. Kiryu has cancer or something. Wonder if they implemented something where later on it could affect his stats. Doubt it but would be an idea. Basically poison. 

We will see when the game is fully released... According to Yokoyama's comment on the most recent RGG Summit, Kiryu realizes that he's limited both physically and mentally after his illness, and he has to fight his way through with his friends.

Thereby Kiryu has to rely on others' strength, while also finding more about himself, and re-discovering himself along the way (in which the typical Kiryu we know was a stubborn man who forced his way to handle everything by himself most, if not all, the time).

This also explains the system where it's both a turn-based RPG with the party cast and a short burst of Beat 'Em Up style when Kiryu's turn comes in the battles.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 8:32 PM, Infected Elite said:

i cant take Ichiban seriously. Dude looks like a bum and is just dumb. 

Take it back!

On 9/22/2023 at 11:54 PM, poker_1987 said:

No one plays ng+ modes anyway

I certainly used to play them. For Yakuza 3 and Dead Souls, it was nice to have the backup of levels and better weaponry for the high difficulties (although Dead Souls required a playthrough on the hardest difficulty from scratch, collecting all the crap was much more pleasant after getting the infinite launcher from that mode).

• Haha 1

This and Gaiden look pretty good so far  but I'll have skip them for now at least.

I'm playing through Ishin right now, and I'm having a hard time getting through it. As much as I love the series, they are very long and involved and now with Judgement also in the mix, I feel that the releases should be more spaced out.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Absolutely can't wait for this game, and even though it's releasing at the beginning of the year it's probably the game I'm looking forward to the most for the whole year.

But man, they just keep announcing new things and modes that seem like they will probably take as long as many games do by themselves.... And then I remember the grind required for the final dungeon in Yakuza 7...

So just thinking about what this plat will entail I'm already like

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, demetriogaleano1 said:

I've read the sujimon battle's will be only for those who buy the sujimon resort dlc, this is true?

I've preordered the base game expecting this being part after seeing pics about this sujimon mini-game.

If this is true , will be the first yakuza i've regret buying.

I think is only a bonus pack of Sujimon, there are trophies for Sujimon in the base game so it doesn’t make sense to pay for them.

https://www.powerpyx.com/like-a-dragon-infinite-wealth-trophy-list-revealed/

I wonder how quickly (and easily) you'll be able to get through new game+ on legend difficulty. Thank christ they put it behind a DLC list at least, but no difficulty trophies or NG+ trophies at all would have been the best of course. If there has to be a compromise, I'll take this any day. I would have been quite distraught if those trophies were on the main list haha.

Goodness do I hate the very concept of NG+, and especially loathe when a trophy is tied to it.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

Just read about NG+ being behind a paywall. Total bullshit.

They did it for y7, we just in the west did not have to pay for it because we got it later. Not surprised they are doing it again 

12 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

They did it for y7, we just in the west did not have to pay for it because we got it later. Not surprised they are doing it again 

Not to mention Ishin Kiwami and Lost Judgement as well. In Ishin Kiwami, the highest difficulty "Ishin" was locked behind Shinsengumi Captain's Set DLC, and in Lost Judgement Yagami's fourth style (Boxer) was locked behind Lost Judgment School Stories Expansion Pack DLC.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

8 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Not to mention Ishin Kiwami and Lost Judgement as well. In Ishin Kiwami, the highest difficulty "Ishin" was locked behind Shinsengumi Captain's Set DLC, and in Lost Judgement Yagami's fourth style (Boxer) was locked behind Lost Judgment School Stories Expansion Pack DLC.

Maybe, but still doesn’t mean it’s not bullshit.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1