Like a Dragon: The Man Who Erased His Name (PS5|PS4) - 2023

• 8 months later...
9 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Nani!?

So basically Bowing, Darts, Pool etc as usual? lol

9 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

kiryu-slapping.gif

(Oh man... I actually don't like this .gif at all)

Gif seems fine to me. lol

• Like 4

Yeah, hoping that's just NO Physical for the US ? (would suck for them, but I'm not American ?‍♂️) otherwise I'll wait for a DEEP DEEP SALE. Haven't even started/played all the way through Yakuza 3/4/5 Remastered, Yakuza LAD (7), Like A Dragon Ishin, Judgement & Lost Judgemen... Sooooo I've got plenty to catch up on while waiting for LAD Gaiden to drop in price.

Also makes like ZERO sense for them to do this considering the general Fanbase and how expanded it has become since launching on PC and then Xbox (<-- have a feeling we can blame Sega's close association with them these days for this, Xbox is basically All Digital as it is, even the Physical stuff is still shipping on Regular 50GB Blu-Rays and only contains the Xbone Version if anything on it, YAY SMART DELIVERY ?)

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL

In Spain at least, it's already confirmed by Plaion España (former KochMedia) that there won't be a physical release here. Japan will get it.

I totally don't understand this decision by SEGA when the saga is in the most absolute peak in popularity and sales. And the worst thing is that I fear that they do the same with LaD8.

Edited by Galserik

On 17/6/2023 at 6:18 PM, ChecoMayor said:

Lol we.came.back to the Yakuza 5 Situation

Dead Souls killed the physical sales

No more Yakuza for you

Now what?

Isshin killed the sales?

No more Like a Dragon physical for you

That's not the issue IMO. The Y5 situation was different from now, Y4 & DS didn't kill the physical sales, the saga already was a failure since the beginning in the west in sales (the constant comparation with GTA made a lot of damage). Now, Yakuza is one of the top franchises of SEGA in term of sales. According with some news of this year, Yakuza saga sold more than 20 millions. Is totally not understandable that now that the saga is in it's best moment of popularity and sales, they decide to not release a physical game here.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/persona-and-yakuza-franchises-reach-major-sales-milestones/1100-6513920/

Is pretty likely that Ishin didn't break numbers in sales (bad date of release, a spin-off with lots of characters that people who knows the saga only with LaD, wasted remake potencial, etc) but probably what makes SEGA to not make a western physical release is the same that most of the companies are trying to do: erasing the physical games to go full digital at the same price, because the profit is much higher. We can see how lots and lots of collectors already not even have a physical game. We also see things like Jedi Survivor which needs a partial digital download despite having a disc. Some companies are also starting to go full digital even for standard editions.

Btw, I also read that the Asia physical version of LaD Gaiden will include ENG subs. I dunno if it's 100% true or not.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/06/15/20230616-likeadragon/

On 17/6/2023 at 0:32 AM, Infected Elite said:

Why can't they do an NA physical? idiots.... what next? Yakuza 8 is also digital only?

If Like a Dragon Gaiden only digital made good sales, I would say that is pretty likely that they will do it again.

Edited by Galserik