Don't support this.

GMVehox

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's about how you place the pen on the paper.

I lift my finger then set it down on top of the X button and apply pressure to stroke the hedgehog.

I do the exact same thing to make Ezio parkour across rooftops.

It's not a question of *how* I'm doing it. The only difference is what pictures someone else programmed to appear on my screen when I do it.

You also conveniently ignored my question. It was: What are you playing that's so dang complicated? You say I'm comparing Shakespear to EL James. What's so special about your button pushing that makes it analogous to "Shakespeare"?

1 minute ago, carrey23 said:

Everyone who play this trash, have Fun but dont brag on your Plat count.

Who's bragging? That's a serious question. I'd genuinely like to see the forum where these people congregate and care about each other's Hedgehog stroking.

Also, who IS allowed to brag about their plat count?

Edited by GraniteBeast603

Just now, GraniteBeast603 said:

I lift my finger then set it down on top of the X button and apply pressure to stroke the hedgehog.

I do the exact same thing to make Ezio parkour across rooftops.

It's not a question of *how* I'm doing it. The only difference is what pictures someone else programmed to appear on my screen when I do it.

You also conveniently ignored my question. It was: What are you playing that's so dang complicated? You say I'm comparing Shakespear to EL James. What's so special about your button pushing that makes it analogous to "Shakespeare"?

No, you don't. You also have to control where Ezio goes with directions, constantly assess where you are in relation to where you want to go, evaluate what is climbable and what isn't... and you also have an artistically crafted city to explore, and narrative to follow as you do so.

On your other point:

I can't speak for everyone, but the most recent game I S-Ranked was Griftlands - a pretty complicated multi-deck rogue like deck-building game with branching narrative and two separate, fairly complex deck-building games, with multiple characters, each of whom has their own sets of decks, card combinations, synergies, RNG elements and a variable relationship status to manage with 50 NPC in each different run.

The relative complexity of that vs. other games people play, I can't speak to with authority, but I can guarantee one thing:

Just pressing X over and over won't get anyone anywhere in that game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GraniteBeast603 said:

Who's bragging? That's a serious question. I'd genuinely like to see the forum where these people congregate and care about each other's Hedgehog stroking.

:)

I like to see it my self, but you dont have to say it, you see it because People try to rank up in leaderbords and do everything for it,

By the way dont stroke a Hedgehog, it hurts. :)

12 minutes ago, GraniteBeast603 said:

The problem is not bragging about it but how some people go about it, making it sound like it was such an arduous journey or how hard it was, I mean come on.

Save your energy and breath. It won’t stop happening.. accept the fate of the new world of trophy hunting. Sub 5 minute platinums are the new 1 hour platinums. 

The only thing that annoys me is whenever I check the new games list, it’s full of these garbage games so I don’t get to keep up with games that have just launched that are a actually worth looking at.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

My question when it comes to these EZPZ games is this and I think it is one of the more important things when having this discussion.  Does Sony by law have to give space to these developers on their store?  I know most people who own a business decide who's products they will sell and not sell but i think in the case of Sony and gaming  and controlling such a large part of a market they may be governed by a different set of rules where by not allowing someone on their store who meets it's guidelines they are possibly breaking a law?  

I'm not a lawyer or have no idea about these things which is why i'm asking but if Sony has no choice but to sell these games then I can see a point in time when Sony shuts down the trophy system to shut down these developers.  If that is the case then this should be our concern rather than the crappy leaderboards.  Sony will get tired of dealing with such a large amount of these crap titles on their storefront,  It's gotten out of hand and the trophy community is behind driving it.    

I do not believe there would be anything technically illegal if Sony said “Nope. No mas.”

The problem would arise afterward, because unless Sony creates a specific set of criteria that explain why there is “no mas” on the trophy trash, it devolves into “I know it when I see it” reasoning. Which is not necessarily invalid, but given the sue-happy nature of society today, isn’t going to cut it. Someone’s going to get a wild hair up their ass and drag it front of a judge, who will look at the situation - likely knowing very little of gaming in general and trophy hunting in particular - and say “Well, you don’t have rules that explain why, and it’s ‘just a game,’ so…” and likely award in favor of the plaintiff.

That’s assuming no one decides to play a victim card - which can and likely will occur whether or not there are strict guidelines in place - and claim it wasn’t because their game didn’t meet any guidelines that were set or pass the smell test, but because they are a member of protected class <X> that they weren’t allowed to sell their game. At that point, regardless of whether the situation goes Sony’s way or not, they have a PR nightmare on their hands, as everyone at Kotaku, TikTok, Reddit and Twitter get their hands on it and start shouting from the rooftops how istaphobic Sony is, and it becomes a gigantic PR nightmare on top of whatever legal situation results. That will happen no matter if the claim is valid or not.

Assuming they do create guidelines (and what would they be?) and assuming no one plays a victim card, you still won’t have resolved the issue… because developers will just put in the bare minimum effort to skate on the guidelines and keep doing what they’re doing anyway.

TL;DR - It’s not a legal issue to stop, but it is likely to become one. The PR/public perception blows would be significantly bigger than they’re worth. It’s unlikely to actually make a meaningful difference in the long run.

6 minutes ago, GraniteBeast603 said:

Can you explain why?

And btw, calling them "Spam" and "Scumboi" says a lot more about you than it does them.

Because you can't compare an actual game made by a company who wanted to make a game, to a piece of nothing pay4plat made by someone who's only intention is to syphon money out of people with leaderboard addictions. People who people these spam games (yes, spam games) are addicted to their leaderboard ranking and they need to all be removed from the store 

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Because you can't compare an actual game made by a company who wanted to make a game,

Come on now. don't be naive. You know as well as I do that a huge % of what you'd call "real games" are nothing more than vessels to facilitate micro-transactions. Even more are nothing but shovel-ware cash-grabs exploiting the popularity of some licensed character or property.

There is no such thing as a company that wants to make games. There are only companies that want to make money.

10 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

People who spam games (yes, spam games) are addicted to their leaderboard ranking

Citation needed

How do you know they aren't part of some larger community that enjoys collecting easy trophies, sharing their accomplishments, and competing with each other.

I simply refuse to believe that these people are just real-life versions of Gollum spending all their time isolated from the rest of the gaming world while they stare lovingly at their PSN level. That just seems to be a myth purported by envious ghouls in this forum who somehow believe their button-pushing accomplishments matter more than someone else's.

Edited by GraniteBeast603

2 minutes ago, GraniteBeast603 said:

Come on now. don't be naive. You know as well as I do that a huge % of what you'd call "real games" are nothing more than vessels to facilitate micro-transactions. Even more are nothing but shovel-ware cash-grabs exploiting the popularity of some licensed character or property.

There is no such thing as a company that wants to make games. There are only companies that want to make money.

Don't misinterpret my point here, of course every game out there is made to make money. Everything that exists exists to make money, obviously. But if we look at the specifics here, if you you buy a spam pay4plat, you're being exploited. Noone buys them for fun, they buy them for the PSNP leaderboards, it's an addiction. Just as bad as mtx in AAA games, if not worse. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Let's make it clearer, then.

She can derive personal satisfaction from anything she chooses. But when that personal satisfaction becomes a public matter, it's open to criticism. No one is saying she can no longer derive personal satisfaction from this. But that doesn't mean people can't share their opinions on the pointlessness of the endeavor, or their opinion that such personal satisfaction is having a negative impact on gaming as a whole. 

She already acknowledged that she wants to climb the leaderboard. The leaderboard has always been based on points. U climb the leaderboard by getting the most points in the shortest amount of time. This has nothing to do with how much “fun” the game is.. or how high /low quality said games are… nothing to do with how difficult/easy they are… or how ultra rare/common they are. 

She wants to climb the leaderboard so she plays games that accomplish that. AND she enjoys them too. So what exactly is pointless about what she’s doing?