New method to earn DIY PMC trophy - NOW DEEMED LEGIT!

mrzizich

For anyone like me who started the 360 version, the hope is shot. Ive tried every possible means and the 360 just wont download the mask. It uploads the image fine, and the xbox accepts the dns address etc. But the mask wont download. This is very much a ps3 only fix. 

3 hours ago, SquirrelsInDC said:

Hey @Executioner0, I can run a packet capture on the Xbox for you. If you just tell me where to look, I'll be able to get you what you need.

if you both get it working on 360, i will buy you a beer. 

I managed to make it work on a dummy account.

After a bit of thinking, i decided to not go for this method with my main. I don't like to use custom servers or methods introduced by third parties different from original developers/Sony. I draw my line here. 

Still, i wanted to say a big thanks to the owner of this new method for making an unobtainable trophy obtainable again after years! Great job!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Is it impossible to do the dns stuff if i dont have a PC/Laptop?

You can do it using NextDNS method I posted some posts earlier

41 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

You can't do it without a pc or laptop 

False, NextDNS is a web service that can be accessed through a mobile

1 minute ago, ExSoldier-Marci- said:

Damn, if i had known about this i would have gone for the Platinum, Congrats to everyone who gets it before shutdown!

Thanks, I always go for max % achievable, that's why I have a few 98% games stuck in my profile and that's good enough for me, however I wasn't expecting to guarantee both of 40th Day plats, that's amazing!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

I'm already stumped on the create a new shortcut, can anybody give more info as when I right-click on desktop, and it says what item would you like to create a shortcut for.

Type: cmd 
NhN6sQW.png

Really? :/
Maybe I should use word WRITE instead :/

Edited by Smashero

9 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Lol at this rate tech support be needed because if you are not great at IT then this will be a pain and take longer than 15 minutes lol.

I'm lost with this right here ^^

Just type next 3 commands in the window...

Pressing ENTER after each one...

Write: cd /
Press: ENTER

Write: cd maradns-3-5-0023-win32

Write: install

P.S. Retro? ;) Really? :D Pardon, just had to, no hard feelings :]. 

Edited by Smashero

3 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Guess we all done something wrong as it says the system cannot find the specified path

Did you unzip it to C:\ ? So you have folder C:\maradns-3-5-0023-win32? Or somewhere else?

You need to reach that specific path...

1)Where is your folder "maradns-3-5-0023-win32" now?

2)Show me your CMD window screenshot

Edit: Sent you PM, no need to spam more here I guess...

Edited by Smashero

2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

You can do it using NextDNS method I posted some posts earlier

False, NextDNS is a web service that can be accessed through a mobile

Thanks, I always go for max % achievable, that's why I have a few 98% games stuck in my profile and that's good enough for me, however I wasn't expecting to guarantee both of 40th Day plats, that's amazing!

Didn't know it was mobile too, I guess you learn something new everyday eh 

22 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

BE WARNED this game is indeed one of the rare games that is an AUTO SYNCHER so if you cannot get the mask stuff working, and you care about your games being finished I'd avoid it.

Might be a shot in the dark with this info, but…

I think if you launch the game OFFLINE and then sign in after entering the game, once you’re done with your session/earning trophies in the game you must go OFFLINE while still in the game then turn off your console soon after. It’s worth a shot. Worked for me with Battlefield Bad Company in the past. But it’s easy to mess up if you quit to XMB before signing out. You can’t play any other games online on your PS3 account during that time though.

The only other thing that I can think of that will cause an auto sync is being online on PS4/PS5 while simultaneously playing Ao2, that will 100% cause an auto sync, happened to me on many occasions. If the trophies still sync after taking the precautions above, that’s messed up. I’m still unsure if the PS4/PS5 will sync PS3 trophies that haven’t technically been synced yet though. ?

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Might be a shot in the dark with this info, but…

I think if you launch the game OFFLINE and then sign in after entering the game, once you’re done with your session/earning trophies in the game you must go OFFLINE while still in the game then turn off your console soon after. It’s worth a shot. Worked for me with Battlefield Bad Company in the past. But it’s easy to mess up if you quit to XMB before signing out. You can’t play any other games online on your PS3 account during that time though.

The only other thing that I can think of that will cause an auto sync is being online on PS4/PS5 while simultaneously playing Ao2, that will 100% cause an auto sync, happened to me on many occasions. If the trophies still sync after taking the precautions above, that’s messed up. I’m still unsure if the PS4/PS5 will sync PS3 trophies that haven’t technically been synced yet though. 1f62c.png

Guy's game crashed while on this game, and it caused it to synch after always following the above information as most people who go for 100% in their games know this information, so if it crashes then you're in shit street. Batman Arkham Origins is a rare PS3 game that does auto synch, so it can happen.

• Like 1

I found it weird that my DYI PMC trophy synced out of nowhere, while my Mercenaries 2 didn't, neither did the other Ao2 trophy I had at the time. I don't know how this game managed to bypass the syncing block strategy, but it is what it is and I'm committed to finishing now.