New method to earn DIY PMC trophy - NOW DEEMED LEGIT!

mrzizich

21 minutes ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

I have felt this way a few times too this year, i was considering this one yesterday morning but decided to choose myself and peace of mind over chasing another shutdown. Instead i did everything on my to do list and felt way more satisfied then having to stress out and get the mp trophies in just 2 days. A year ago i wouldve done everything to rush and get this platinum.

Thats the problem im having with trophy hunting at the moment, its just chasing server shutdowns and not deciding what i play myself cause the next 3 shutdowns are announced already and it was stressing me out to the point that i stopped caring. The lowest point was this summer on a sunday when it was hot and beautiful weather outside and here i was staying inside because i wanted to grind in everybody's golf before the online was gone. I was raging, it was way too hot, ps4 loud as hell and when i was finally done it felt so empty.

guess that made me ask myself what the hell i was doing and release i wasnt having fun with games and trophy hunting anymore.

Sorry for going on a rant here.

The problem now is they shutdown a bunch instead of one game making us stressed, they are trying to get rid of ps3 asap.

If anyone want to keep the server alive until the end of October or atleast another month we could all try to send EA help a pm on their Twitter for the server to be extended. I know the shutdown got announced back in July so they have all the rights to nuke it down today after the 3 months time frame. But it’s worth a try guys, 8 people I know already did it.

https://twitter.com/EAHelp
i just tweeted them private about it. You could do it public as well. Might be worth a shot. 

9 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

People were removed from leaderboards up to 2 days ago because they were using saves from the internet with the masks and then claiming they had created the mask back in the day. I doubt those would come back as the custom server method wasn't discovered at that time, they clearly used hacked saves

i hope it continues to be checked on. i dont know if there is a way to see the earners before the last legit 50

3 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

The lowest point was this summer on a sunday when it was hot and beautiful weather outside and here i was staying inside because i wanted to grind in everybody's golf before the online was gone. I was raging, it was way too hot, ps4 loud as hell and when i was finally done it felt so empty.

Yeah, this is basically it.

I hardly ever jump on the shutdown craze. I did Overwatch before it was allegedly going to die (but then it didn't), HyperBrawl Tournament because it reminded me of Laser League (which I have great memories of), Mercenaries 2 (didn't finish the online yet due to connection problems, but it was a recommendation from @hore) and now this.

I don't really mind the time invested overall, I just wish I didn't burst through Ao2 in a day, specifically. It's a good game and I would certainly have liked the experience a lot more if I only had more time, but pumping through it so quickly on such short notice with a ticking bomb over my head was not a good time at all.

I'm just hoping this gets a small extension so I can do the JPN stack too, otherwise, it was quite pointless to turn a 1/3 series into a 2/3 series.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

Keeping the essence of the trophy alive hahahaha, it was a 1/10 difficulty trophy that EA simply made unobtainable because they shutdown the website that enabled people to create their mask. Being this much of an elitist about the preservation of trophies being obtainable I couldn't care less what you think about my profile or other people's profiles because you have no influence in the community. The only thing I care about with this is whether the rules of the website allow it or not and trying to convince you to like these methods isn't worth the energy. Instead of wanting to change your mind, I'm rather glad that it does rile you up to see people taking advantage of a method that can satisfy them with their trophies and still be within the rules of the website, the people who earn the trophy and get a view of their profile by you will now be living in your head rent free. 

I won't play Army of Two but I used gonespy some years ago. What I'll say in regards to things like this is that besides the trophies you can relive the online for the games once again and get to experience an old game that was locked off by the game developer shutting their servers. People also fix the online for these old games for the enjoyment of a community and fun doesn't have to be something that gets stopped by people like you. 

See, I tried to be respectful, and i appreciate all the people who thoughtfully and respectfully responded to me. As always, there has to be that one guy though, and that's you. Congrats. 

BTW I'm not riled up, I'm just sad to see that the websites own standards have devolved so much. I'm sure you will get a perverse joy out of that too, so you're welcome. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

26 minutes ago, pedroriibeiro said:

Is This gamespy? Or there are plans to revive the server?

GameSpy closed down years ago, the Army of Two servers are owned and maintained by EA, who are closing them down, sometime today. As for server revival, that would depend on if there's any interest in doing so and if it's even possible but unless they're open source, they won't be allowed here.

5 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Hm...

Two of my friends who got the mask using this method yesterday (I was helping them via discord with MaraDNS setup) were just flagged...

For Mr. Reporter:

QmlVizX.png

I have also been marked...

Edited by WaddysWDS
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Hm...

Two of my friends who got the mask using this method yesterday (I was helping them via discord with MaraDNS setup) were just flagged...

For Mr. Reporter:

QmlVizX.png

I really hope those flags were automated, like probably this trophy was marked in a system automatically checking that. Otherwise I don't know what even to comment lmao

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Hm...

For Mr. Reporter:

QmlVizX.png

Yeah me too...

lmao

After yesterday's conversation in this thread, i found that i will do all the trophies online. If it was approved I thought "why not ?"

Now i feel honored! This is my first flag in my life !!! I'M CHEATER xD

Seriously... They'll be deleted, right? ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bati-123a said:

Yeah me too...

lmao

After yesterday's conversation in this thread, i found that i will do all the trophies online. If it was approved I thought "why not ?"

Now i feel honored! This is my first flag in my life !!! I'M CHEATER xD

Seriously... They'll be deleted, right? 1f610.png

Yeah of course, those flags were probably automated due to the unobtainability of the trophy for like a decade

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bati-123a said:

Seriously... They'll be deleted, right? 1f610.png

If it's a manual flag, then it will removed pretty quickly but if it's automated, then it's really tough to say, because I believe only Sly can remove those and he isn't easy to contact so the odds are would stick.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Yeah of course, those flags were probably automated due to the unobtainability of the trophy for like a decade

This is what I imagine as well, altough I wouldn't hold it against the CRT if this was one of those "guilty until proven" innocent cases where people would have to say/prove that they used the DNS method and not a savefile.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

From what I understand it was more of a solo effort by MMDE and the others weren't too happy about it.

100% true, but if I read this post, I would assume that the take of:

"It happened, nothing we can do about it now" & "MMDE got told not to do it in the future"

Anyway it would be a bad look on the CRT site if this suddenly IS bannable.

On 10/19/2022 at 1:15 AM, B1rvine said:

Make no mistake. @Executioner0 cheated. He lied his butt off in his dispute, used unapproved tools, that aren't even tested by a staff member. It was then retroactively approved because "he made the tool." Nobody else will get this leniency if they used this beforehand. And realistically, MMDE really shouldn't be unanimously approving things either.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

Should be approved again imo. Now everyone got screwed that got the trophy through this method, so things need to get sorted out fast. There isn't enough time, we need straight action. This is the same method as the Saints Row The Third method. Why not allow this?

Edit: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/52663-what-constitutes-a-flag/

It is still approved!

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 4