New method to earn DIY PMC trophy - NOW DEEMED LEGIT!

mrzizich

9 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Guy's game crashed while on this game, and it caused it to synch after always following the above information as most people who go for 100% in their games know this information, so if it crashes then you're in shit street. Batman Arkham Origins is a rare PS3 game that does auto synch, so it can happen.

Oh wow, didn’t know that could occur…that’s unfortunate for sure. 

59 minutes ago, Endchaos4991 said:

I did everything as per instructions but I'm not able to direct my PS3 to my laptop. When I try to enter the IP in primary DNS, I'm not able to save the settings. Any help would be appreciated.

It's easier to use the NextDNS website as described here:

NextDNS will set a public DNS for you, so no need to open ports on your PC and/or to add exceptions to the firewall. Just link your public IP as stated on that guide and it will work normally and painless, much easier to follow

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

It's easier to use the NextDNS website as described here:

NextDNS will set a public DNS for you, so no need to open ports on your PC and/or to add exceptions to the firewall. Just link your public IP as stated on that guide and it will work normally and painless, much easier to follow

Thank you so much. It worked. 

so about 50 people got the mask trophy in the past 2 days (but only 8 got platinum). was this available in september because someone got it then? or is this trophy just not flagged at all completely now even for the people who cheated and got it before this fix? or was this trophy ever flagged at all? i usually wouldnt care but man i put a ridiculous amount of time in trying to get the king of the hill trophy to pop in legit matches which took forever. i had to take yearly breaks lol

anyways also props to the guy who made this, ive missed out on other games because of closures and crap and its nice when someone takes the time to do this for us. a good example would be the legit bulletstorm setup, that was hell for me but it worked eventually. i had to use a whole other computer just to connect.

Edited by melodicmizery

21 minutes ago, Executioner0 said:

I've had a look through the web logs and all of the HTTP requests are from PS3. Has anyone actually managed to get an X-Box DNS redirected to the site?

Unfortunately I didn't even bother because TA won't allow this method as legit and so I don't feel like paying Gold for my alt account just to test it

1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

so about 50 people got the mask trophy in the past 2 days (but only 8 got platinum). was this available in september because someone got it then? or is this trophy just not flagged at all completely now even for the people who cheated and got it before this fix? or was this trophy ever flagged at all? i usually wouldnt care but man i put a ridiculous amount of time in trying to get the king of the hill trophy to pop in legit matches which took forever. i had to take yearly breaks lol

People were removed from leaderboards up to 2 days ago because they were using saves from the internet with the masks and then claiming they had created the mask back in the day. I doubt those would come back as the custom server method wasn't discovered at that time, they clearly used hacked saves

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Unfortunately I didn't even bother because TA won't allow this method as legit and so I don't feel like paying Gold for my alt account just to test it

People were removed from leaderboards up to 2 days ago because they were using saves from the internet with the masks and then claiming they had created the mask back in the day. I doubt those would come back as the custom server method wasn't discovered at that time, they clearly used hacked saves

I'm glad TA won't allow it. At least one site understands keeping the integrity of the original achievement. I get that this site has decided to allow it, but it's not legit.  IMO everyone that's used "Fan-made" external methods to pop a trophies has forever tainted their accounts, and it's sad to see some previously highly respected accounts on the list. 

Of course, I feel the same about Gonespy. That was a can of worms PSNP decided to open and allow, and now it's all fair game. Open Source/Closed Source/random people setting up online apps people can use...it really doesn't make a difference to me. People used external sources made by other people to pop trophies they should not have been able to. 

I realize A LOT of people will disagree with me. That's fine, it's your account and PSNP has said it's somehow OK to do. I can't imagine you are going to say anything to change my mind, i've read all the arguments supporting it to date, and just don't agree. 

19 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yea and its rapidly getting worse and today was not a good look for this site imo, people are getting more and more fed up on here. I've been sent a few messages about people on here over the past few weeks and one today made me realise why nothing gets done. 

That's also why i don't use these method of getting trophies, because If this site ever goes to sh*t and another one comes along that doesn't allow stuff like this then I'm all good. 

Just sayin' I agree 100%. This was kinda like the straw that broke the camel's back for me. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

5 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

I found it weird that my DYI PMC trophy synced out of nowhere, while my Mercenaries 2 didn't, neither did the other Ao2 trophy I had at the time. I don't know how this game managed to bypass the syncing block strategy, but it is what it is and I'm committed to finishing now.

This is the exact same thing that my PS3 did. I made sure to use the method of not syncing, but there it was...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

*snip*

While I don't agree, I think this is a legitimate point. "If it's not official, it shouldn't be allowed" is quite a logical way of seeing things.

I am glad I used this method and that it was allowed, mostly for the horror story that came with the boost, as the connection was ass 24/7.

This is not supposed to be a "gotcha", I am genuinly curios. How do you feel about boosting trophies instead of playing games the intended way?

1 minute ago, Letenko said:

While I don't agree, I think this is a legitimate point. "If it's not official, it shouldn't be allowed" is quite a logical way of seeing things.

I am glad I used this method and that it was allowed, mostly for the horror story that came with the boost, as the connection was ass 24/7.

This is not supposed to be a "gotcha", I am genuinly curios. How do you feel about boosting trophies instead of playing games the intended way?

There are boosting is cheating trophy hunters. @Papidadi

16 minutes ago, Letenko said:

I know a few myself and even in a case like that, I think it's a logical point of view that I just don't agree with, which is why I wonder what @Floorkiller74 thinks about it.

I'm not sure why you are asking, as these are completely separate scenarios. I guess the CRT guy doesn't agree, hence why we are where we are at. 

Edit" I guess you are asking because of the "Intended way" comment. I don't think people using in game exploits, boosting, etc are doing anything wrong. If you can pop the game in and do something, fair enough. If you are using external programs (That are associated with the game in no way) to unloock trophies, that's no good. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

I prepped the online for the WW stack, but I don't have it in me to get the JPN stack done before the alleged shutdown tomorrow.

If we get the shutdown to be postponed by a week or to match the shutdown of Mercenaries 2 (also from EA), then I'll consider stacking, but tomorrow my life will be super busy and it should be even harder to find boosters for the 16 waves of Extraction. I already went through a world of pain to get it done with 3 people today.

I somewhat regret chasing this shutdown for a series completion of which I only had 1/3 games done. I basically put away my entire life routine (other than working out at 6AM) to chase the trophies of this game today. I'm not this type of person anymore. Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm not going to have enough time to turn an incomplete series into a complete one, I don't know.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-10-19_20-24-32.png?width

Thank you @VI_WI, you are literally a gamer and half.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EdinhoN said:

I prefer to see the brightside: the community trying to reverse engineer stuff to make achievable again. For me that's the spirit of trophy hunting, going the extra mile to find good strategies and workarounds. I'm really bored by playing supposedly good games like God of War, TLOU2, etc (single player experiences), it always feels like a 6/10 to me. However I get much more enjoyment by playing a FIFA game or whatever and seeing how I can get cards and improve teams etc with spreadsheet. For me trophy hunting is funnier when you're dealing with code and spreadsheets and fiddling with servers and network stuff is peak trophy hunting,

Brightside or not, I don't agree this "reverse engineering" is legit. Trophy hunting's peak is fiddling with servers and network stuff? OK..... I was just saying I'm glad TA shut you down when you tried to bring this BS over there. 

15 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

If you are using external programs (That are associated with the game in no way) to unloock trophies, that's no good.

As I said, I think those methods actually enrich the trophy hunting hobby for me. I'm totally internally motivated in my hunting, don't wanna to be praised for anything or compete in a leaderboard. I just thinking being on the leaderboard is a good way to signal you're a clean player but the moment something I feel it's right to do disagress with the rules I won't think twice of going my own way right outside the leaderboards. (I wouldn't though for AO2, was conformed with the 98% from the beginning)

1 minute ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I don't agree this "reverse engineering" is legit.

Well it's not cheating in my own trophy hunting morals, so I'll never care. While I can walk alongside the websites I take part in it's perfect, once I don't agree, I can just do my own thing.

3 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I was just saying I'm glad TA shut you down when you tried to bring this BS over there. 

And SteamHunters do not allow system clock changes, so achievements like Stanley Parable actually take 5~10 years of time to be done.

Also Jak 2 debug mode would be bannable on SH and TA allows it too.

Those rules only exist to try to make the leaderboards free ofcheating, but considering how discouraging the meta of trophy/achievement hunting is nowadays with shovelware, I'd say they are pointless. It's better for people to make peace with themselves and just do what brings the most enjoyment on this hobby.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

It's logical but it sucks. Imagine if the Vita trick wouldn't be allowed? We would have so many unobtainable digital only games and I'm not only talking about stacks, Vita store is very limited in many countries many games available on US are not on BR account and I wouldn't be able to play. I like the way how PSNP encourages unofficial stuff setting good boundaries to avoid exploitation in a harmful way.

I am not against external tools like this as long as it's not things like "skip the MP grind and just pop it with this DNS server" or "here is a tool that give you the best shield and sword so you can kill the final boss easier".

As long as you meet the requirements yourself, I 99% agree with it, such as here. Upload an image (or use a mask creator), get it in game, join a match and get a trophy. No step is being skipped, you just now have the option to do it due to external tools. Everybody should use their own judgement on these things and I don't think there is a 100% correct way of handling it.

I understand that I am super biased, but I can see the logic behind not liking it, which is why I asked @Floorkiller74 about boosting since I know some people that hate boosting and are of the opinion that you should do everything the developer intended way.

As for the Vita trick, I never used it, but I'm glad it's allowed for stackers and people going for games not in their region. I can't imagine if the PS3 wouldn't allow multiple accounts and I'd get robbed of regional games like Clan of Champions. Seriously, everyone here should play it. it's a great game, costs almost nothing and it's on the US PSN Store.

Just to get back on topic here, I sincerely hope that everybody here manages to get this done in time, if they wish to do so. For Extraction, it took my team 3 hours to connect all four of us into the same lobby and then just 2 hours to finish it, so it's doable.

• Like 1

I guess ill go out and buy it, doubt it gets here in time but I still wanted to have it regardless. I kinda kick myself now for not buying it as it has come up multiple times and I just never went for it because I had internally remembered 1 trophy wasnt possible therefore imma skip the entire game.

I didn’t play these games, but I’m glad this solution turned up for those who surely pined for it.

@Executioner0 Surrounding events aside, your expertise has imo made you a person of interest. There are other trophies, that appear to be of a similar nature, whose fates could get turned around by your knowledge. Possibly ?

? Shopaholic in Eyepet [PS3]
? Picture This in uDraw Studio Instant Artist [PS3]

13 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

? Shopaholic in Eyepet [PS3]
? Picture This in uDraw Studio Instant Artist [PS3]

Eyepet I think is unlikely. That one had you go through a whole menu and everything, which is quite a bit more of a hassle than this had.

uDraw however seems a lot more likely. All you had to do for that one was hit a button and send off your creation or whatever, similar to Saints Row 3 and 4. I'd love to see that one finally be obtainable again.

4 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Brightside or not, I don't agree this "reverse engineering" is legit. Trophy hunting's peak is fiddling with servers and network stuff? OK..... I was just saying I'm glad TA shut you down when you tried to bring this BS over there. 

Hey dude. I know you're not getting much love in this thread at the moment. But in many ways I completely am on your side.

The problem however is thus, I myself personally can't quite put my finger on when "Trophy hunting" had its peak and when it started its downfall.

Maybe it started with AABS Animals allowing you to boot up the game and do nothing, maybe it started with easy trash games like Hannah Montana.

I remember in 2009 when I boosted with someone on Bomberman Ultra to do the online trophies, it was my first time and then another friend later said wow you got those already? Any tips? I did feel a bit dirty, for a few minutes but then I realised that the trophies were practically impossible and a waste of time without "cheating". If you make your trophies unachievable, you bet people are gonna try and find ways to get them.

In the case of this particular game I think it was a dick move to switch off the servers without even warning anybody and I also think in general it's a dick move making some weird and obscure trophies, I absolutely hate trophies that one day can't be earned. You are making your game quite literally a broken piece of software in the future.

I'm personally way past the point of caring about the legality of trophies, especially since legitimately "Trophy Hunting" these days amounts to pay a dollar for a game that will last you 2 minutes. All above board and like, it is literally not cheating, unfair of course but definitely not cheating.

It's way more fun to moan about the issues instead, and just accept for what's going on.

There are so many accepted ways to cheat now that it's not really possible to have any sort of authenticity anymore, and that's not even including the human brain needing to sleep for a 30% of the day and Playstation accounts that play in teams to ensure a whole ton of trophies come rolling in at a fast rate, even for genuine games because who knows who is playing and what subtle cheating methods are going on behind the scenes. Getting annoyed about the validity of this one trophy, it's just small fry compared to everything else that is going on.

Anyway, It's probably just best to sit back and let things play out. I mean it's one trophy, what advantage does that give anyone, when the real "Trophy Hunters" are currently playing the latest 3 stacks of Stroke The Cat.

I recently popped a trophy where I hate to rotate a Tetris piece ONE MILLION TIMES. After about 150 hours of gameplay I had about 90000. So I just autofire spun the rest. Tetris isn't even about spinning the blocks as fast as you can.... It's a silver trophy I don't really care about, but honestly, popping it non legit, it felt good, like a nice fuck you to the trophy itself, and using an auto fire controller is allows on this site despite it being cheating, what are you gonna do?

I still need to finish off Overcooked All You Can Eat, and I'll be cheating on that game too, just like all the other Overcooked games, since it's way easier on coop with my wife than it is on single player.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1